Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #526
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

if by refs you mean no answer for our backcourt, haywood and dampier not being the duncan stoppers they were projected to be, marion playing over beaubois, carlisle struggling to match up with us instead of dictating how we match up with them, j kidd not being much of a factor, and j terry not being much of a factor than yeah i agree completely.

coulda used a little devin harris, josh howard, and diop tbh.

another epic spurs - mavs series for the books..
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #527
jamgolf
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jamgolf has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

It was a good series. Congrats to Spurs for a hard fought victory.

Its a luxury to have a good coach and a team that shows up to play under the spot light - something my Mavs have lacked.

Its fun to watch Timmy make those shots of the backboard and Manu hit the daggers. George Hill played awesome.

In the end Mavs' just did not play well when it mattered.

Another heartbreaking loss for us Mavs fans.

Hang in there Dirk - may be our front office will find you the missing link to this puzzle.

Congrats to the Spurs again !
jamgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #528
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

The #1 thing that the Mavs lack that the Spurs have is Pop. With the right coach in Dallas I think this could have gone the other way. The Mavs need to NOT blow up the team and somehow get a true top tier Coach to put in charge (and keep Cuban out of the mix).
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #529
lolSmileyFace
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lolSmileyFace has an OK reputation so far

Why people gotta Argue and such about the refs; everyone thinks they are doing it on purpose when they make a bad call; It's not like its that big of a deal, in the end everone get screwed the same amouint and everyone benefits the same amount
lolSmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #530
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Of course there were some questionable, very questionable calls by the refs. But it's the friggin' playoffs, and it's not like we we're screwed like in 06. The Spurs deserved this win, congrats to them. I'm very happy for Timmy.

I'd say get Larry Brown, use the Dust Chip and maybe trade Kidd for 22 "missing pieces" (one very good free agent that complements the team and another role-player) and the team would be great.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #531
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no surprise to me whatsoever about the mavs being one and done... when they made the trade before the trade deadline i argued that it was not enough time for the team to gel and that they would not be any more of an impact in the conference... and of course, many of you homers who don't understand hoop argued that the trade made them a guaranteed NBA finals participant...

just proves many don't understand team dynamics when playing at a high level and how truly difficult it is to make things work at a championship level.

it should also make you appreciate the teams that have a history of making it to the nba finals more and realize how well run those organizations are (i.e. lakers/spurs).

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #532
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
it should also make you appreciate the teams that have a history of making it to the nba finals more and realize how well run those organizations are (i.e. lakers/spurs).

I could not agree more Mike. The Mavs could use a quality GM like Jerry West or R.C. Buford.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #533
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Is Manu gonna be allowed in Arizona???
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #534
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerHater
Is Manu gonna be allowed in Arizona???
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #535
spursrule
Decent playground baller

spursrule is starting to rub some people the wrong way

While I do think that Popovich is the best coach in the NBA, excepting Phil J., I want to add that he (or would Jackson) would *never* coach the Mavs as far as Cuban owns them. I say this because the biggest problems the Mavs have is that Cuban would won't just be an owner and see how much he affects the team from being a team. Peter Holt lets Pop and his crew run the show.

The blame lies squarely on Cuban.
spursrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #536
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursrule
While I do think that Popovich is the best coach in the NBA, excepting Phil J., I want to add that he (or would Jackson) would *never* coach the Mavs as far as Cuban owns them. I say this because the biggest problems the Mavs have is that Cuban would won't just be an owner and see how much he affects the team from being a team. Peter Holt lets Pop and his crew run the show.

The blame lies squarely on Cuban.

Gotta agree. Cuban is a FAN he is not and should not be allowed to run any part of the team, just pay the bills, sit back and enjoy the game. If you've ever seen Peter Holt at a game, you can see he is a fan, and acts like a fan and doesn't interfere with the officiating or has post game react like Cuban.

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: