Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #61
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
If Jennings wins ROTY I will leave ISH forever.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/4...ns-to-be-named
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #62
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Once again, let's ignore Salmons. And the fact that the hawks have trouble performing on the road. And that Curry or Evans could bend over Bibby and make him squeel.

OR, we can just praise BJ for having a good series. His numbers:

19.8 points
2.8 rebounds
4.0 assists
1.3 TO
46.3% FG
38.1% 3
81.8% FT

He's played very well. His TO rate is extremely impressive for a rookie point guard in his first playoff series.

Is he ROY? No. It's a regular season award, and for half the season he shot like absolute crap. But he's played well in the playoffs.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #63
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Once again, let's ignore Salmons. And the fact that the hawks have trouble performing on the road. And that Curry or Evans could bend over Bibby and make him squeel.

I know it's hard to be wrong, but sometimes it's easier to just let it go...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #64
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brandon Jennings won't win but deserves to be Rookie of Year

I get what you're saying that Bougut took his team to the playoffs but in the playoffs its been all Jennings he's been playing spectacular I think performing in the playoffs deserves a merit for roty
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #65
King Kong
I hit open layups

King Kong has no real reputation yet.

if he upsets atl then yes
King Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #66
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Again, he shot 30% from the field...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #67
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I know it's hard to be wrong, but sometimes it's easier to just let it go...

-Smak
I am not wrong. BJ is not doing anything that other top rookie PG's couldn't be doing in his place. This playoff series does not mean he's ROY.

Last edited by Showtime : 04-28-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #68
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
OR, we can just praise BJ for having a good series. He's played very well. His TO rate is extremely impressive for a rookie point guard in his first playoff series.

I am not saying otherwise.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #69
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Jenning is a part of the Bucks turn around... i cant say anything negative about that. But they would have been better or atleast just as good as they are now with Evans.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #70
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Looks like he's going off tonight too.

Brandon Jennings
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #71
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

As a Bucks fan, I'm thrilled with Jennings' rookie year. He isn't our best player (Bogut is), but he showed a lot for such a low draft pick. Evans had a better rookie season, and I don't have the energy to debate Curry right now. I'll just leave it at being happy with what Jennings' promises to deliver over the next bunch of years.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #72
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Again, he shot 30% from the field...
A J-Kidd fan should never be talking about FG percentage.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #73
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
I am not wrong. BJ is not doing anything that other top rookie PG's couldn't be doing in his place. This playoff series does not mean he's ROY.

That's where we disagree. I don't think they could. People call BJ a low IQ player, but to me he's one of the highest. There might be other high IQ guards, but of the top 3... including Curry, he has a higher IQ. Just because he looks like he's out of some 80s rap video doesn't mean that he isn't intelligent when it comes to basketball.

I don't think he's the rookie of the year because Tyreke has way better stats. I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season. He's the person I'd pick on my team if I wanted to actually win a game or series...

You guys are acting like he's a scrub which is absurd.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #74
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
That's where we disagree. I don't think they could. People call BJ a low IQ player, but to me he's one of the highest. There might be other high IQ guards, but of the top 3... including Curry, he has a higher IQ. Just because he looks like he's out of some 80s rap video doesn't mean that he isn't intelligent when it comes to basketball.

I don't think he's the rookie of the year because Tyreke has way better stats. I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season. He's the person I'd pick on my team if I wanted to actually win a game or series...

-Smak

Who calls BJ a low-IQ player?

um...ok?

I thought that's what the whole debate was about in the first place.

Who says he's a scrub? I just hear people saying why he isn't ROY. Being that he had the highest scoring output in a game this season and is doing well in the playoffs, I don't think ppl think he's a scrub.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #75
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:

I don't think he has low IQ because he of a haircut. He's an inconsistent shooter who tends to fall in love with his jumper. I don't see anything he does on the court that is special or unique that Curry or Collison or Evans couldn't in his position.

Quote:
I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season.

First off, he hasn't been the most productive. That's not even a discussion at this point. Second, what is your basis for saying he's a better floor leader than any other PG?

Quote:
What is absurd is your comment. I'm not acting like he's a scrub. I'm just acting like he's not the primary reason why the bucks are winning. I'm acting like some credit needs to be spread around instead of saying BJ = ROY because of being in the playoffs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: