Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #166
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
They can bring in a major piece with Dampier's unguaranteed contract. I imagine probably somewhere around a dozen teams would line up to take that off their hands.

iguodala->philly tank for top 3 pick?
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #167
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has not been impressing people
Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
They can bring in a major piece with Dampier's unguaranteed contract. I imagine probably somewhere around a dozen teams would line up to take that off their hands.
THIS.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #168
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

Default Re: stop blaming RC and blame cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Avery Johnson >>>>>>>>>Carlisle and Nellie

Retard ninja's brain>Tyrus Thomas brain>Gerald Green's brain>Avery Johnson's brain>my dog's brain
Old 05-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #169
kunk75
I hit open 5-footers

kunk75 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: stop blaming RC and blame cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool

Retard ninja's brain>Tyrus Thomas brain>Gerald Green's brain>Avery Johnson's brain>my dog's brain
kunk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #170
dallaslonghorn
Local High School Star

dallaslonghorn has decent reputation
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro1

Lebron,KG,Duncan,Shaq... would have multiple rings.

Is anyone pretending Dirk is as good as one of these players?

Yes, having one of those 4 in their prime would be preferable than Dirk, but as Rick Pitino said "Larry Bird is not walking through this door"

Dirk's already proven that an elite team can be built around him. Teams don't get rid of guys like that, especially someone with his skill set (height and shooting ability) which tend to age well.
dallaslonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #171
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn

Yes, having one of those 4 in their prime would be preferable than Dirk, but as Rick Pitino said "Larry Bird is not walking through this door"

Dirk's already proven that an elite team can be built around him. Teams don't get rid of guys like that, especially someone with his skill set (height and shooting ability) which tend to age well.

This is true, but does Cuban believe it? If his faith in Dirk is full then all is well, if he is shaken then watch out. Crazy billionaires tend to do crazy things when they question themselves.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #172
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn
I totally agree with LeBron, Shaq and Timmy > Dirk, but KG? I don't see why he should get the edge.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #173
kunk75
I hit open 5-footers

kunk75 has an OK reputation so far

they need a slasher of some sort and a pure point who is not jkidd.

wade/dirk would be the absolute perfect combo, best combo i can think of for any team, even better than kobe/pau becuase neither seem to posess the ego of the laker stars.
kunk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #174
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to see Dirk Nowitzki on a team that will actually get him out of the first round. Something that I doubt he will gain by staying with the Mavs. I would hate to see him end up like Karl Malone, Chuck, or other players who never got a ring. Dirk has been sufficiently patient and loyal to the franchise and they have just not gotten it done.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #175
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk75
they need a slasher of some sort and a pure point who is not jkidd.

wade/dirk would be the absolute perfect combo, best combo i can think of for any team, even better than kobe/pau becuase neither seem to posess the ego of the laker stars.
Nope, the real "best" player for Dirk's game to be complimented by......if we factor out all likelihood of it happening, and just judge upon pure complimentary skill, and cohesiveness of talent, FLOOR BALANCE, and rhythm...... would currently be Deron Williams.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #176
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Nowitzki should go play for the Knicks under D'Antoni's system. His numbers will go through the roof.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #177
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nope, the real "best" player for Dirk's game to be complimented by......if we factor out all likelihood of it happening, and just judge upon pure complimentary skill, and cohesiveness of talent, FLOOR BALANCE, and rhythm...... would currently be Deron Williams.

Why is that?

Complimentary skill? Cohesiveness of talent? Floor balance? Are you making this stuff up?
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #178
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

best combo would be Dwight + Dirk.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #179
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Derrick Rose and Dirk would be a fun combo to watch. The pick and pop would be a hard choice on how to defend.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #180
B-Ball PharmD
I airball my layups

B-Ball PharmD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
That is an intriguing idea, if it actually happened...I heard some broadcasters for the Jazz/Nugs games saying that Boozer probably wants to leave UT after this season. I think DWill and Dirk would work well together as Deron likes to attack the rim but also facilitates (better than Wade in this regard, and definitely better than Kidd), while Dirk likes to shoot. They could pick and roll well, and Williams is another LEGIT scoring option who performs strongly in the playoffs (unlike every Mav outside of Dirk.) Throw in the good/unselfish Jazz role players (who also perform well in the playoffs) and the great, veteran coach Sloan...and I think you would have a VERY strong contender. I am not sure how Mehmet Okur would fit in, especially at Center...they would need to also trade for a Legit center or have a reserve center step up their game big time.

Not sure if it is realistic, but what if it was Dirk + Haywood for Okur + Boozer or some variation of that?
B-Ball PharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: