Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default stop blaming RC and blame cuban

I never understood all the hate RC is getting. are you guys forgetting cuban runs his team like jerry jones runs dallas?? bobo isnt getting playing time because cuban doesnt allow it.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
robertshaw_1

Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
This does not bode well for Dirk's legacy.

i cant read any plowking, andrei or niko thread........you mad guys?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rick Carslisle must be fired if Mavs lose this series..

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that 21,513,524$ is hard to pass up, especially since you likely wouldn't get that much on the open market.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #19
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that 21,500,000$ is hard to pass up.

I'm lost, what do you think about him and Wade in South Beach?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #20
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 ser

Personally, knowing the Spurs and having watched them forever, I wouldn't consider this an "upset" (I picked the Spurs in 6 or 7) because these teams were only 5 wins apart going into the playoffs...

But let's not kid ourselves, everyone and their mom (in the media and ISH) was picking the Mavs in this series.

Nobody took the Spurs seriously, but they have the talent, experience, and solid coaching to be a serious threat.
SCdac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
50inchvertical
College star

Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Cue some rant about how Golden State wasn't a "true" 8 seed and the same about the Spurs being #7. It's coming, unless they just don't want to do it because I called it
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #22
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 ser

This was the first thing that popped into my mind as soon as the clock hit zeros.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #23
50inchvertical
College star

I don't think it'll happen.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #24
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Well, at least Dirk played pretty well this series. In those other examples he had complete meltdowns.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

When people look back on this, they're not going to remember that they were only 5 wins apart, they are going to remember that the 2nd seed lost to the 7th seed.

The worst part about it, is that it's more of Kidd's fault than Dirk's.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
Jasun
I airball my layups

Jasun is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default hold up, the mavs are STILL contenders...

for the most overrated team of the past 10 years, if not ever. maybe not overrated, but I cant call them chokers since choking would mean they blew it at the last minute. ok I got it... biggest over achieving team.
Jasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

If the mavs want more than just regular season success, and actually want to win everything, then cuban must abandon this approach of opening up his wallet to build around Dirk. Dirk must be the player who compliments another star.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #28
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Cuban is a billionaire, why should he care? The coach blew the series by not playing obviously superior players. Unacceptable..

Cuban isn't a billionaire cause he was careless with money.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #29
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Dirk must be the player who compliments another star.

If only Dallas could get another "superstar." They don't grow on trees.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #30
robertshaw_1

no polwking, andrei or niko posts yet..........................
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: