Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #31
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rick Carslisle must be fired if Mavs lose this series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeWithin
Don't forget the excessive long stretches of play for Dampier over Haywood and Najera being our energy guy over Roddy as well oh yes this is a recipe for winning.

THIS - Haywood should of got majority of minutes for suree..

OK - does Haywood now say time to bolt , lock in on a solid contract else where ???????????

I say the chances are 50%
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #32
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board
Default Re: hold up, the mavs are STILL contenders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasun
for the most overrated team of the past 10 years, if not ever. maybe not overrated, but I cant call them chokers since choking would mean they blew it at the last minute. ok I got it... biggest over achieving team.
Nah, too talented to be called over achieving.

I don't know what you'd call them, but between

Losing the Finals 4-2 after going up 2-0 in the beginning (first time that has happened, I believe),
Being the first seed losing to the 8th seed,
and now being the 2nd seed losing to the 7th seed;

I feel for their fans.

Maybe they're cursed?
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #33
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Dirk + Wade + Dallas = Big Trouble for the WEST.

fixed
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #34
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
If only Dallas could get another "superstar." They don't grow on trees.
It's not that simple. Dirk is treated as a superstar when he isn't one. He's treated as a franchise player when he isn't one.

Look at players like Ray Allen or prime Peja. Those guys could be great scorers, but there was no way they were winning championships as the clear #1 with supporting players, no matter how talented those supporting players were. They were the types of guys who needed players as good, or better beside them if they wanted to win a ring. Dirk is overrated in the sense that people still think he's the kind of player can have a championship team built around him.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #35
robertshaw_1

bye bye cuban, terry and the others....manu says hi again.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #36
Jasun
I airball my layups

Jasun is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: hold up, the mavs are STILL contenders...

theyre like a good boxer with a glass jaw
Jasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #37
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Dallas. Where losing to 7th and 8th seeds happen.
Gotterdammerung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #38
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Carlisle just said Haywood has earned a max contract and that Beaubois will get 10 minutes per game next year. If Barea gets injured he might increase it to 15 minutes. They´ll also trade Dampier´s expiring contract for Jermaine O´Neal.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #39
robertshaw_1

Default Re: stop blaming RC and blame cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
I never understood all the hate RC is getting. are you guys forgetting cuban runs his team like jerry jones runs dallas?? bobo isnt getting playing time because cuban doesnt allow it.

2° SEED
Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #40
the_future02
Jesus of SE Texas

the_future02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Dirk scored points but he also allowed McDyess to hit a couple shots in the
4th and also allowed two layups and failed on his rotations on Hill. He fails to make a bigger impact outside of scoring
the_future02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #41
robertshaw_1

Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

niko and andrei must be dead...

and that dumb ass plowking....

life is great.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #42
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Dude played JJ over Bouboi and Butler. Yeah, he shares blame.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #43
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

You went a long way to narrow down the Mavs' accomplishments, being this only the 8th postseason with best-of-7 1st round series. Don't you think?
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #44
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well Dirk is still a choker, like I said in my thread. Now everyone please, give it a 5 star rating. ^^
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #45
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Dude played JJ over Bouboi and Butler. Yeah, he shares blame.

Shares? Don´t sell him short, I say he gets full credit.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: