Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #151
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,115
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Eh, give credit to the Suns defense. A guy like Grant Hill is going to go out there and give it his all every minute. I don't like the Suns all that much, but I like this group of theirs more than previous versions... I think the Spurs can still win this series, but like I said in another thread, can't count on this teams (Suns) to miss shots/be hesitant in taking shots like the Mavericks were. And at the same time, they can penetrate pretty well. So it's going to be a tough series. For sure. But let me put it this way, when you beat up the Spurs, it's alot like beating up and mistreating a pit bull in some junkyard. You're not making it nicer and more tame, just making it angrier and tougher. Not the greatest analogy, but some truth to it I believe.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #152
OmniStrife
College superstar
 
OmniStrife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet ORNG
Posts: 4,863
OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob123
this series hasnt started yet.

Wait for tony parker to get the start, then we'll see what happens.

Tony absolutely destroys the suns, and nash wont go off like that again while guarding parker.
I'll say it again...
Attention Spurs' fans, Achtung achtung!
Steve Nash is our 3rd option...
3rd option...
3rd as in 'not 1st nor 2nd'...
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #153
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish
 
Fallguy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bangin' in your boombox
Posts: 3,984
Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
I'll say it again...
Attention Spurs' fans, Achtung achtung!
Steve Nash is our 3rd option...
3rd option...
3rd as in 'not 1st nor 2nd'...

the info is standard, the way it was presented is unorthodox to the extreme.

Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #154
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob123
this series hasnt started yet.

Wait for tony parker to get the start, then we'll see what happens.

Tony absolutely destroys the suns, and nash wont go off like that again while guarding parker.

Tony Parker played the same amount of minutes as Nash. He also took 2 more shots. What exactly will change? Parker might get them off to a better start, but then the Suns bench will likely do better when he goes to the bench instead of coming off it.

Again, Parker and Nash played the same minutes. Not like Parker limped off the bench and Nash played all game.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #155
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter
 
HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,458
HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

They think Tony will make it harder on Nash because he will have to play defense. What they don't understand is now Nash doesn't have to try on offense.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #156
highwhey
el vato encabronado
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,008
highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

i def. loved amare crashing those boards, i know he only got 13, it's small compared to dwights 200 rebounds but relative to amare, 13 is good. nash was just ridiculous, totally unexpected even from me. containting nash only opens up 2 other paths wich can be just as equally, if not more dangerous. you don't want j-rich hitting that 3 or amare beasting in the paint. 23 points from amare was garbage, decent, but garbage. the guy can score 35+ on any given night, so pop gets to choose who they will get destroyed by, amare, jrich or nash.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #157
spursdynasty420
Banned
 
spursdynasty420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,982
spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i def. loved amare crashing those boards, i know he only got 13, it's small compared to dwights 200 rebounds but relative to amare, 13 is good. nash was just ridiculous, totally unexpected even from me. containting nash only opens up 2 other paths wich can be just as equally, if not more dangerous. you don't want j-rich hitting that 3 or amare beasting in the paint. 23 points from amare was garbage, decent, but garbage. the guy can score 35+ on any given night, so pop gets to choose who they will get destroyed by, amare, jrich or nash.


you must be the dumbest suns fan on here. you know why amare got all those rebounds right??? do you see the spurs transition defense get back and not even go for the rebounds?? they leave 1 player to go for the rebound and 4 kick back to setup d everytime leaving amare to get those rebounds. amare was defended well. nash will never have another game like that again. that was a game 1 dirkesque game
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #158
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish
 
Fallguy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bangin' in your boombox
Posts: 3,984
Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Im happy that the suns know how to play some defense for once. I know its cliche but defense (even a little of it) goes a long way.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #159
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan
 
Rab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Purple Palace
Posts: 2,871
Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Tony Parker played the same amount of minutes as Nash. He also took 2 more shots. What exactly will change? Parker might get them off to a better start, but then the Suns bench will likely do better when he goes to the bench instead of coming off it.

Again, Parker and Nash played the same minutes. Not like Parker limped off the bench and Nash played all game.
Agreed. Also, the Suns gave up the big leads with Parker on floor, but they also pulled away with him on the floor as well.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #160
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan
 
Rab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Purple Palace
Posts: 2,871
Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
you must be the dumbest suns fan on here. you know why amare got all those rebounds right??? do you see the spurs transition defense get back and not even go for the rebounds?? they leave 1 player to go for the rebound and 4 kick back to setup d everytime leaving amare to get those rebounds. amare was defended well. nash will never have another game like that again. that was a game 1 dirkesque game
The Spurs transition defense was horrible. Don't make excuses. The only time they didn't crash the boards is when they had Duncan, and 4 smalls out there.

I love when people say "so and so won't have the same kind of game he had tonight" as a way to make themselves feel better about a loss. It's laughable.

Seriously, just because Nash probably won't have another 30 point game, doesn't mean someone else won't have a big game. The Spurs will no doubt adjust to defending Steve Nash, but that will open the game for others to step up. Nash the playmaker is better than Nash the scorer anyway, so I wouldn't want Nash scoring 30+PPG unless he kept his assists up. The Suns play better when he doesn't score a ton of points, so if I were you, I'd be rooting for Nash to score a ton this series. They should focus on taking passing lanes away, and forcing him into traps off the pick and roll to take the ball out his hands like they usually try to do.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #161
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,172
brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

parker has to play 40 minutes a game. he's not duncan, he's not manu, he's 28.

it's time to give up on mason, can live with bogans playing as long as mason doesn't. the lack of 3s this year is killing the spurs. hill, ginobili, and who else? jefferson might make .5/game. mason has been bogus all year and bonner can't handle playoff pressure
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #162
Cyclone112
Banned
 
Cyclone112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,053
Cyclone112 has decent reputationCyclone112 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I love when people say "so and so won't have the same kind of game he had tonight" as a way to make themselves feel better about a loss. It's laughable.

That happened last series with JRich and he ended up having another 2 big games and he's already got one here with the Spurs lol.

Anybody know what happened to the game thread for game 1? I can't find it, I think a mod deleted it or something.
Cyclone112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #163
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,172
brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

its in the suns team forum
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #164
Cyclone112
Banned
 
Cyclone112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,053
Cyclone112 has decent reputationCyclone112 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
its in the suns team forum

Ok thanks, it doesn't make any sense that it would be moved there.
Cyclone112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #165
spursdynasty420
Banned
 
spursdynasty420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,982
spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
The Spurs transition defense was horrible. Don't make excuses. The only time they didn't crash the boards is when they had Duncan, and 4 smalls out there.

I love when people say "so and so won't have the same kind of game he had tonight" as a way to make themselves feel better about a loss. It's laughable.

Seriously, just because Nash probably won't have another 30 point game, doesn't mean someone else won't have a big game. The Spurs will no doubt adjust to defending Steve Nash, but that will open the game for others to step up. Nash the playmaker is better than Nash the scorer anyway, so I wouldn't want Nash scoring 30+PPG unless he kept his assists up. The Suns play better when he doesn't score a ton of points, so if I were you, I'd be rooting for Nash to score a ton this series. They should focus on taking passing lanes away, and forcing him into traps off the pick and roll to take the ball out his hands like they usually try to do.

its not about 30 points its about his all around game that he raised for that 1 game. just like dirk did for that ONE game. its called momentum and it always shifts
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy