Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-30-2010, 03:59 AM   #46
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
You really don't know why the Suns didn't make the play offs? They were trying to play Run n Gun with Shaq.

Dude seriously, my brain hurts, you and your inane view points are causing my IQ to drop. I'm done retorting to whatever you post.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:02 AM   #47
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Dude seriously, my brain hurts, you and your inane view points are causing my IQ to drop. I'm done retorting to whatever you post.
I'm glad we can agree Suns in 5 or 6
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #48
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well this time I actually think the Suns could win, since the Spurs defense aint as good as it used to be.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #49
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP

George Hill wasn't even playing in that game, plus it was the second game of a back-to-back.

This game is more accurate, in terms of the lineup we'll see for the Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/games/20100228/PH...#nbaGIboxscore

In a hard-fought but losing effort, Amare puts up 41 points and 12 rebounds, Nash had 18 and 11 and Richardson had 20 points and a blown dunk. Duncan, Ginobili, and Jefferson all go for 20 points. Parker had 16 , Blair had 14, McDyess had 12, and Hill finished with 9 points.

There were 22 lead changes in that game, was a very close one just like this series will be.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:56 AM   #50
Auka
Great young streetballer

Auka has decent reputation

Ahhh.. people too ignorant to notice that the Suns can play defense now.

Waits to get flamed
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #51
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
George Hill wasn't even playing in that game, plus it was the second game of a back-to-back.

This game is more accurate, in terms of the lineup we'll see for the Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/games/20100228/PH...#nbaGIboxscore

In a hard-fought but losing effort, Amare puts up 41 points and 12 rebounds, Nash had 18 and 11 and Richardson had 20 points and a blown dunk. Duncan, Ginobili, and Jefferson all go for 20 points. Parker had 16 , Blair had 14, McDyess had 12, and Hill finished with 9 points.

There were 22 lead changes in that game, was a very close one just like this series will be.

Looks about right. I can only hope that because we have HCA we can take the close series. My heart says Suns win in 6 but my mind and history tells me we lose in 6. Just being realistic.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #52
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Looks about right. I can only hope that because we have HCA we can take the close series. My heart says Suns win in 6 but my mind and history tells me we lose in 6. Just being realistic.
Hey Stat how is it going. Another meeting of our two teams. You guys hold the advantage this time. Should be a good one. Predictions are useless when it comes to these two teams. It all depends on what team shows up. You guys have the same problem with consistency that we do. Nice to see one of the old school fans. Good luck, ice.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #53
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Spurs in 6 even though I want to say Spurs in 5.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #54
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac

WTF why Nash passed in last second lol... and btw J-Rich miss dunk

Suns in 7 imo. (yeah people who say it's gonna be 7 games usually picks up spurs to win the series).
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #55
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

my hearts with the Suns, but i know better. Spurs in 5 or 6.
Thing is I dont hate the Spurs as much as i used to, so it wont bother me as much.

I dont see the Suns being able to stop this team, Parker, George Hill, and Ginobili are gonna be scorching the backcourt and then Timmy, Blair, McDyess are more than capable of matching up against Amare, Frye, Grant and an injury plagued Robin Lopez if he returns.

and oh yeah Pops is the best coach in the L. Just dont see it.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #56
robertshaw_1

spurs won in 2003
spurs won in 2005
spurs won in 2007
spurs won in 2008

they CANT do ir again...its too much....i want the suns to win 1 time...

suns in 5 or 6
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #57
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Still pumped about the win last night, hadn't really thought about the Suns quite yet until I read this thread this morning.

Alot of people are talking about who will guard Nash, Richardson, Ginobili, Hill, Parker. Both of these teams run a lot of pick and roll offense, so it's likely that there will be a lot of mismatches in these series anyway. Primary man on man will last about the first 10 or so seconds on the shot clock when Nash has the ball; Look for a lot of switching and rotating for both teams. These matchups aren't as important as some people are making them seem.

The real issue the Spurs are going to have to deal with is Amare, like every other single time we play the Suns. We have had our fair share of Stoudemire dominating us, from getting posterized to giving up 30+ points a meeting (just speculation, didn't look at the numbers). No doubt that McDyess will be on him most of the time, while Duncan will only if he needs to (crunchtime). But those two can't move like they used to, and while Duncan is our best bet at slowing him down, we don't want him in early foul trouble. Not to mention the great three point shooting of the Suns so it will be hard to throw the occasional double team at him. Amare will take advantage of Bonner and Blair, like he did in the regular season. So, it's mainly up to our starting front court and good defensive help and rotations if we are going to win the series and also: rebounding will be a major factor.

My prediction is Spurs in 7. Can't wait for this series to tip off.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #58
spursrule
Decent playground baller

spursrule is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Spurs are like the bad childhood of the Suns, ruining their 23 point leads, double overtimes with Duncan 3-point shots, and taking Christmas joy from their hearts.

We are in their heads, and they will chump it under stress, like they always do.

SPURS IN 6 (which was, my prediction for Spurs > Mavs also)
spursrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #59
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

who has the failed dunk attempt by richardson rofl post that gif!
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #60
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Suns vs Spurs (revenge time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
i think the Spurs will win, basically because the SUNS struggled against the blazers(I'm not saying they suck, but they are a decent team due to injury).

Yeah they definately struggled at times.

But they also have the BIGGEST point differential in the entire playoffs. They're +10 against the Blazers. That's by far the best.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: