Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #61
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Suns vs Spurs series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
First off, you beat up an injury depleted team, well, struggled to beat an injury depleted team who aren't a very good defensive team.

Second, the Spurs have always operated with the mindset of letting Amare get his and shutting down the rest of the team, which is why he always has been games.

Just like the Mavs fans thought Marion was going to stop Ginobili and I laughed, I'm laughing even more at you thinking Hill will do anything. Sorry.

Now answer me this, how do the Suns stop the back court of Hill and Parker?

+10 point differential . . . really struggling. They struggled in game 1, then the Blazers played with a ton of heart in game 4. Game 2, 3 and 5 were BLOWOUTS. Game 6 was a blowout till the 4th.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #62
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

I think it'll definately be a close series. The series were ALWAYS close, the Spurs just always won at the end of the game by being more structured and having better composure. The games were always 1-6 point games and there were always a ton of lead changes, with the Suns leading many games until the very end when they lost their heads against the grinding Spurs defense.

Different teams now so hopefully different outcomes. Suns in 6!

Viva Lopez!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #63
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Man, this is going to be a great series! Love this rivalry.

I badly want the Suns to win, but honestly I think the Spurs got this... Should be close though!
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #64
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

Kingsfans818 has no real reputation yet.

Spurs win just because they're a much better version of the Blazers...
Kingsfans818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #65
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auka
Ahhh.. people too ignorant to notice that the Suns can play defense now.

Waits to get flamed

Where are the stats to prove this? They were ranked 19th in defensive eff in the reg season. Spurs are a more balanced team seeing as they were ranked in the top 10 on both ends of the court.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #66
Cyclone112
Banned

Cyclone112 has decent reputationCyclone112 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery
Where are the stats to prove this? They were ranked 19th in defensive eff in the reg season. Spurs are a more balanced team seeing as they were ranked in the top 10 on both ends of the court.

Your looking at the entire season instead of the last half. At one point they were ranked second last in defensive eff I'm pretty sure and they managed to finish 19th. That rating definitely does not do them justice relative to how they finished the season and more importantly the way they are playing right now.
Cyclone112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #67
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Suns vs Spurs (revenge time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
i think the Spurs will win, basically because the SUNS struggled against the blazers(I'm not saying they suck, but they are a decent team due to injury).
Struggled against them by pretty much blowing them out 3 times and losing 2 close games against them and winning one close one? We didn't match up well against them to begin with. The old Spurs matched up well against the old Suns... but I don't think the current day forms of either of them are very comparable.

In my opinion, the Suns pull this off in 6 games... possibly 7. The Suns will definitely claim victory IF they don't play into the Spurs' game. If they play into the Spurs' game, I can't say I believe they'll come out on top... but it's possible, since they've improved in that area immensely.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #68
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Suns' defense is better than it looks on paper, due to increased scoring pace of Suns' games. Numbers and stats don't always tell the whole story.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #69
HisAirness3
Banned

HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation

I want the Suns to win, but my head tells me the Spurs will. I think it will definitely by a 6-7 game series. The key factor is basically who does Steve Nash guard for the Suns. I mean, Hill? He was on fire against the Mavericks. Parker? God No. Bogans? How often does he play though? Ginobili? Jefferson? Too small.

The PG matchup of Nash and Parker is going to be much more important than the PF matchup of Duncan and Amare.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #70
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Well apparently Lopez is not scheduled to play the first 2 games.

Luckily Collins has some actual use against Duncan unlike against faster players like Aldridge. Collins had a real impact against him in the regular season so lets hope it translates to the playoffs.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #71
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this is going to 7 games. as a suns fan i want to say suns, but history tends to repeat itself. ether way, each game will be played with great intensity. i call suns to win first game. i'm very excited to see how the spurs respond to our defense.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #72
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Is Manu gonna be allowed in Arizona!???
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
the_future02
Jesus of SE Texas

the_future02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
I want the Suns to win, but my head tells me the Spurs will. I think it will definitely by a 6-7 game series. The key factor is basically who does Steve Nash guard for the Suns. I mean, Hill? He was on fire against the Mavericks. Parker? God No. Bogans? How often does he play though? Ginobili? Jefferson? Too small.

The PG matchup of Nash and Parker is going to be much more important than the PF matchup of Duncan and Amare.

I think Duncan is still the key. Phoenix will have to double him because outside of maybe Lopez he will be able to get deep in the paint against their other bigs and also Amare cannot be trusted to play smart and stay out of foul trouble until proven otherwise.
the_future02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #74
Auka
Great young streetballer

Auka has decent reputation

Quote:
Ahh yes, cause stats are everything... Suns won the series against Portland cause of defense, in the last game Roy, Aldridge and Miller were held to something ridiculous like 12-40 FG.
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #75
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Suns will win in 4 'cuz Arizona is a racist state!!
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: