Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Carlos Boozer, is this the year he dominates?

He plays like an all-star for stretches of games, and maybe this season he does it all year
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

No doubt in my mind, Boozer will play like he's worth the 68 million the Jazz tossed his way.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Boozer played like an all star for stretches of the last few years when healthy.

Maybe now he finally reaches his potential as a jazz player

I still love the idea of him and kirilenko next to each other. WIth okur of course
Old 06-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

I really hope they don't trade him.

YET.

I went to Highschool with Booz. So I am a Boozer fan before I'm a Jazz fan.

That said, I'd like to see the core playing together more than last year(please God, no injuries) before He get's traded. If the Jazz are smart they'll wait untill we get closer to the tradeing deadline. UNLESS something to good to pass comes up...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

I thought they'd keep him around, but his name is popping up in tons of rumors being reported by lots of different media outlets
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Birdhunter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default Boozer on his way out?

Well there are a few trades that intrigue me with Boozer.
First it would be with Chicago involving the 2nd pick and Ben Gordon and change for Boozer, 14th pick and a 2nd round pick. Both teams would be adding needs and trading duplicate strengths for each team respectively.

The Memphis talk baffles me, although I do not see Gasol going anywhere but I would love to see the Jazz take him. The other trade that works with Memphis as far as the salary cap is concerned... would be Miller and Battier to the Jazz for Boozer. I think the Jazz see this as adding a big 2 guard in Miller and replacing Harpring with Battier who is likely to leave through free agency.

Last edited by Birdhunter : 06-22-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
rwsylver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rwsylver has an OK reputation so far
Default Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
No doubt in my mind, Boozer will play like he's worth the 68 million the Jazz tossed his way.
If any of you have followed Booz thru his NBA days, you know that he was drafted in the 2nd round(35th I believe) by Cleveland.
His 1st season there he didn't do much, but his 2nd year, with no plays set for him, he averaged a double/double in the season.
His 1st year in Utah was a waste, and none of us will ever know what happened last year. All we do know is that when he came back, he was the most dominant player on the team(which seemed to russel Okur's hair a bit.
This year, barring any injuries, he is going to prove why he is one of the top 5 PFs in the league, Yes, that's not a misprint.
He will help guide Utah into the playoffs and also make the all star team.
Don't forget, 2 years ago he was on the olympic team and did nothing to discredit himself when he was on the court.
Watch out folks, Booz is coming back!!!!!
rwsylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:43 AM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Kirilenko, Boozer and Okur all stay healthy and play at their best they have one of the best starting frontcourts in the leauge IMO. I think Boozer could easily average 20/10 next season.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: