Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation
Default Re: Wizards interested in Beasley?

Damn i would laugh and cry if Beasley comes up with 20/8 consistently next year and we traded him

But yah he needs to go. Better feel sorry we traded him than regreting we kept him.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Damn i would laugh and cry if Beasley comes up with 20/8 consistently next year and we traded him

But yah he needs to go. Better feel sorry we traded him than regreting we kept him.

There is no question he will the guy is talented just being shackled because he is one player that needs the rock in his to be effective. heck even oj mayo is being shackled not to the extent of beasley, but it is not cup of tea the way the grizz orientate their offense around mike conley.

guys like westbrook, curry, jennings, tyreke, and especiallly i can shoot 25 fgas for a series derrick rose so their stats reflect it, that doesn't mean they are any more talented that said players above.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #18
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Some of you guys have a very skewed view of what Beasley's current trade value is right now.

Beasley's trade value is in the absolute crapper right now. He's got untapped potential, but so far all it is that. Untapped.

He's displayed a poor basketball IQ, and a VERY inconsistent motor. After watching these playoffs, I've jumped off the bandwagon. Like this kid, but he simply doesn't fit the culture of the Miami Heat organization. He's need far more seasoning as player, and we cannot wait on that.

You have to get what you can get, to take advantage of the salary flexibility we are set to have in the most UNPRECEDENTED free agent class in NBA history.

The Wizards are set to also be under the salary cap next year.

If we could u parlay Beasley's potential to get rid of say --- the partial gurantee of James Jones(1.8 million), and get rid of Daequan Cook's 2 million? Miami could then have a scenario where three max deals are MORE than plausible. You do that, even if you only get a future protected draft pick as compensation.

It's has, and will always BEEN about RIGHT NOW for Pat Riley. It's been that way since 95(when he first came on board) when he traded Glenn Rice for Zo, and Bimbo Coles and spare parts for Tim Hardaway in one fell swoop.

There's a scenario we Miami could potentially sign an Amare(to play center) AND a Carlos Boozer OUTRIGHT thru free agency, in addition to re-signing one of the best players in the entire world in D.Wade. And all three players would be IN THERE PRIMES. 27, 28, & 28 years old.

That scenario must explored in every conceivable way. This is a stars league.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 04-30-2010 at 09:48 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Some of you guys have a very skreskewedred view of what Beasley's current trade value is right now.

Beasley's trade value is in the absolute crapper right now. He's got untapped potential, but so far all it is that. Untapped.

He's displayed a poor basketball IQ, and a VERY inconsistent motor. After watching these playoffs, I've jumped off the bandwagon. Like this kid, but he simply doesn't fit the culture of the Miami Heat organization. He's not far more seasoning as player, and we cannot wait on that.

You have to get what you can get to take BEST advantage of the salary flexibility we are set to have in the most UNPRECEDENTED free agent class in NBA history.

The Wizards are set to also be under the salary cap next year.

If we could use parlay's Beasley potential to get rid of the partial gurantee of James Jones(1.8 million), and get rid of Daequan Cook's 2 million, Miami could then have a scenario where three max deals are MORE than plausible. You do that, even if you only get a future protected draft pick as compensation.

It's has, and will always BEEN about RIGHT NOW for Pat Riley. It's been that way since 95(when he first came on board) when he traded Glenn Rice for Zo, and Bimbo Coles and spare parts for Tim Hardaway in one fell swoop.

There's a scenario we Miami could potentially sign an Amare(to play center) AND a Carlos Boozer OUTRIGHT thru free agency, in addition to re-signing one of the best players in the entire world in D.Wade. And all three players would be IN THERE PRIMES. 27, 28, & 28 years old.

That scenario must explored in every conceivable way. This is a stars league.
I think you are the only guy who thinks this way.

Beasley is a whole lot more valueable than a protected draft pick. Beasley is a whole lot more valuable than a salary dump. Simple as that, and Riley knows this as well.

A 21yr old with current production of 15/6 on a BAD year isn't exactly someone you throw away. Seriously, SMH at your logic.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
Ocho-Cinco
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ocho-Cinco has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I completely forgot Josh Howard was on that team. I'd take him and McGee for Beasley in an instant.

That's just stupid.
Ocho-Cinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #21
OnceInADECADE
Banned

OnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected poster

YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! wiz n heat get thid deal done ASAP!!!!! michael beasley playing 4 his hometown team will be great. but i wouldnt want beasley playing with andray blatche sorry it wont work out. jalvee would be better 4 beasley to pair up with. N anyhow wiz get John Wall wow!!!!!! just get rid of gilbert arenas contract too n i will be happy

btw, nice article from mamba bout the lockeroom shiit
OnceInADECADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I think you are the only guy who thinks this way.

Beasley is a whole lot more valueable than a protected draft pick. Beasley is a whole lot more valuable than a salary dump. Simple as that, and Riley knows this as well.

A 21yr old with current production of 15/6 on a BAD year isn't exactly someone you throw away. Seriously, SMH at your logic.

Is Michael Beasley MORE VALUABLE than appeasing a Dwyane Wade? That's the question that needs to be asked.

Is Michael Beasley better than a Carlos Boozer? Will he ever be?

Is Michaeal Beasley better than Amare(f*ck no)? Will he ever be?

15/6 from a number 2 overall pick is TRASH. It's not just bad. it's TTTTRASH. Period. 21 years old? Only in his 2nd year? I don't give a f*ck.

I attempted to use Spoelstra has a scapegoat for his shortcommings, but after watching the playoffs, you simply cannot do that.

Watching Beas as K-State(and I watched him a whole lot), I was expected this physical beast who loved to operate in the paint. Instead we got a floater on the perimeter, with a very questionable baskeball IQ and motor.

As a fan, I'm not content with that. And I would hope you aren't either.

I was expecting a new age Karl Malone, not a rich mans Rodney Rodgers.

Is Beasley worth more than a salary dump, and possibily a future top 10protected draft pick? At this present momment, I'd have to say that is up for debate.

Sh*t, if Pau Gasol can be traded in a salary dump, Michael Beasley can.

I'd take potentially one of Bosh/Amare along with a Boozer, over Beasley and whoever all day. Everyday.

Hell, what if the Cavs end up losing to Boston? Lebron all of sudden decides he wants to look for greener pastures? Would it be worth it then?

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 04-30-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Well like I said, you are pretty much alone in your sentiment, and make up a small minority of Heat fans.

Rookies are given a four year contract for a reason. If all the Heat were doing were dumping Beasley's contract for a future protected pick, I'd go as far as to say all freakin' 29 other teams would be lining up pleading to "take him off our hands".

Then when he's averaging 17 PPG, 7 REB as soon as next year, everyone would be looking around like 'What type of moron GM do they have running the show in Miami?'

And BTW, if Miami signs LeBron that's all more reason to keep Beasley. You need a jumpshooting PF who can spread the floor for Wade & LeBron. You'd have a young PF who will have two elite wing players in Wade & LeBron to help him out with great weakside shot blocking & excellent rebounders per position, and his defense would improve even more than it has. I'd love to get LeBron because I know that's one of the only chances we have to keep Beasley since Beasley & Bosh PF/C might not work. All we'd need is a defensive C and a PG who can knock down the 3 and defend w/ Wade + LeBron + Beasley.

Last edited by beasted86 : 04-30-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

17 and 7 is still weak for Beasley. And weak for a #2 pick. Dude was on milk cartons 2 postseasons in a row. For Beasley to make people eat crow? He needs to perform damn near like a franchise caliber player or a legit, certified #1 scoring option. Call me when he is knocking on the doors of either. Miami had Wade literally carrying grown men on his back. You see when it comes to young talent people make too many excuses. The coach fault. The system. He plays behind this person. Yadda Yadda Yadda, blah blah blah. but with Beasley? Dude has all the minutes, scoring oppurtunities, rebounding (off/def) oppurtunities in the world. He can literally showcase his talent.

Miami had no one helping Wade. And this #2 pick with 1 year of college bball where he beasted as a freshman? He hasnt carried his weight thus far. And the talent angle can be milked for oh so long. More than talent that makes dudes perform at a high level. Beasley lacks it. He looks lost. Give him simple math problems adding and subtracting? Beasley owns. Give him algebra, calculus? Beasley stares at the paper until the bell rings. But wait til next year right? Just you wait?

Didnt have to wait for Derrick Rose, I tell you that much. Brook Lopez, Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo. Heck that Italian swaggerific Gallinari had a comparable season to Beasley. Like really. Lets wait another year before Beasley does what fans thought he do this season.

Like I said, call me when he arrives. Because it was pathetic for dude to drop an egg again in the postseason.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #25
BFRESH44
College star

Beasted, Why are you failing to comprehend that using Beasley as bait, and attaching him to the partial salary gurantee of James Jones and Daequan Cook's salary, you open up flexibility for a 3RD max contract?

It's not trading Beasley for nothing. It's trading Beasley for the additional flexibility to acquire a MUCH better player, and a much more balanced roster RIGHT NOW. The Present. Not banking on what Beasley MIGHT or MIGHT NOT become.

I gurantee Riley explores this. Gurantee it.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #26
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
17 and 7 is still weak for Beasley. And weak for a #2 pick. Dude was on milk cartons 2 postseasons in a row. For Beasley to make people eat crow? He needs to perform damn near like a franchise caliber player or a legit, certified #1 scoring option. Call me when he is knocking on the doors of either. Miami had Wade literally carrying grown men on his back. You see when it comes to young talent people make too many excuses. The coach fault. The system. He plays behind this person. Yadda Yadda Yadda, blah blah blah. but with Beasley? Dude has all the minutes, scoring oppurtunities, rebounding (off/def) oppurtunities in the world. He can literally showcase his talent.

Miami had no one helping Wade. And this #2 pick with 1 year of college bball where he beasted as a freshman? He hasnt carried his weight thus far. And the talent angle can be milked for oh so long. More than talent that makes dudes perform at a high level. Beasley lacks it. He looks lost. Give him simple math problems adding and subtracting? Beasley owns. Give him algebra, calculus? Beasley stares at the paper until the bell rings. But wait til next year right? Just you wait?

Didnt have to wait for Derrick Rose, I tell you that much. Brook Lopez, Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo. Heck that Italian swaggerific Gallinari had a comparable season to Beasley. Like really. Lets wait another year before Beasley does what fans thought he do this season.

Like I said, call me when he arrives. Because it was pathetic for dude to drop an egg again in the postseason.

This is accurate. The fact that Danillio Gallanari had a comparable season(numbers wise) to Beasley disgust me. Ugh.

Beasley looked like a deer in headlights for the last month and and a half of the season, going into the playoffs. There's just no excuse for it.

You either have "IT", or you don't.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #27
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

beasted always fails to comprehend.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #28
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

How was Beasley on milk cartons for 2 postseasons in a row when he was drafted as a rookie? Even coming out of highschool Beasley was only ranked 3rd overall out of prospects. He wasn't shoved down people's throats as the next Charles Barkley or something the way you are trying to insinuate. Anyway....

I put about 50/50 blame on each party... both Beasley & the coach/management. Everybody knew Beasley's defensive problems coming out of college, but the coaches/staff never let Beasley play to his strengths. If Beasley is a defensive liability, wouldn't it be smarter to give him enough touches to outscore his opponent? Nope... instead you put him on the bench, run nothing but isolation sets where he has to create everything for himself, and then bench him the 4th every game. As a sophomore, this time you insert him into the starting lineup, but instead ask him to play like Udonis Haslem where he's going to end up being a spot up shooter on 75% of the pick & roll sets you run around Wade, then show no confidence to play him in the foruth quarter no matter how good he is doing. Beasley put up 13 points and 10 rebounds against the Magic, and you completely bench him in the fourth quarter other than the fact that O'Neal fouls out. So you then put Beasley back in the game, and he scores the game winner off of one of his few very clutch plays this season. Then the next game, you once a-f*ckin'-gain you bench him in the fourth quarter and go with Haslem instead. Matter of fact just reminiscing on this I have to reallocate the blame to 60% coaching/40% Beasley.

Look, I'm not disputing that he has underachieved and developed a lot slower than most expected, but we all see the talent is there. I don't exactly see people calling LaMarcus Aldridge a bust as the 2nd overall pick, so if Beasley is putting up 17/7 in his 3rd year, that should be fine for all except the haters.

Last edited by beasted86 : 04-30-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #29
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Foye is a high risk player if you're looking for a starter. He's just not a starter at this point. He makes sloppy passes, not very good on D for his BASICALLY perfect size/speed for a defender...on and off offensively when he's an offensive player. He has been criticized for not being able to play point effectively. Plus, he gets buckets like crazy at the 2. He's pretty much a 6th man if he can get his game together next season.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
How was Beasley on milk cartons for 2 postseasons in a row when he was drafted as a rookie? Even coming out of highschool Beasley was only ranked 3rd overall out of prospects. He wasn't shoved down people's throats as the next Charles Barkley or something the way you are trying to insinuate. Anyway.....

You sound like Michael Beasley mother writing this. It reads more "Thats my baby" than anything bball valid. Oh so because he was a rookie he gets a pass for not showing up in the playoffs? He was drafted #2 overall and given the strong freshman performance he had? He an argument at being picked #1.

Beasley awesome talent was shoved down peoples throats. He could do this, that and the third. I lost count on how many double doubles he had in college. I lost count of how many times people said he was so offensively talented. Stop acting like this was a raw prospect coming out of college and people are being unreasonable with thier expectations.

I love basketball fans excuses of players. Maybe his talent is overrated? Maybe he lacks the passion, work ethic, bball IQ to fullfill his potential he is said to gave? Maybe Wade doesnt need to wait around for this kid to break out when there are options of proven players to be added at the expense of a Beasley? Lets not defend someone for f*cks sake. Keep it 100. I know he didnt put up 18 & 8 you predicted. He'll do it next season. Wait 17 & 7. What you cutting him some slack next year cuz the bar was raised too high?

Quote:
Look, I'm not disputing that he has underachieved and developed a lot slower than most expected, but we all see the talent is there.

Wade doesnt have time to wait for dude to break out. Beasley can do it next year or he can be the next Darius Miles where each season we pick him to be the break out player for that particular season.

Quote:
I don't exactly see people calling LaMarcus Aldridge a bust, so if Beasley is putting up 17/7 in his 3rd year, that should be fine for all except the haters.

Aldridge didnt come out of college with the same hype, potential, upside as Michael Beasley. Next Carmelo Anthony. Next Derrick Coleman. That was Beasley. And I dont see anyone calloing Aldridge a bust nor do I see it with Beasley. Whats being said is dude sold out since being drafted where his peers have progressed on a faster pace than he has. Whats being said is why wait for this dude to pan out if you can move him and create space to aquire, add a proven player?

Wade doesnt have 10 years of arguably the best player in basketball in him. Miami has to win now before he declines. You can sit around for Beasley to hatch or you can explore other options. I say explore other options. If it looks like you can add 2 more players onboard with Wade where you gotta move Beasley? I pull the trigger. And cross that bridge if Beasley beasts.

And Aldridge to me i soft. Always was soft and forever will be. He's a Soft Forward, not a PF in my eyes. Decent scorer but outside of that? Not feeling his finess approach to the game. If I could get rid of Aldridge for Amare or Bosh? Finger is squeezing the trigger.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: