Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #31
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: Wizards interested in Beasley?

Yeah I did expect 18/8, and that's not fetching for next year depending on what team he is traded to, but at the same time i still don't know what position other teams will play him at SF or PF. I also at the same time while saying all of this... do want the Heat to trade Beasley, because I don't see the Heat getting LeBron, and I sure as hell don't want no Bosh + Beasley combo as C + PF.

The whole point I'm trying to make is his value is sure a hell of a lot better than a future lottery protected pick or straight salary dump like the guy above was saying. Agree or disagree?

I agree that the only way people will say he lived up to his potential is 25/10 numbers, but it just won't happen IMO, and surely never on the Heat. But that doesn't mean you give him away for free like the stupid GM in Memphis did with Gasol.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #32
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I hope we get Miller.

Imagine Wade + big man + very good 3 point shooter at SF

Yep, that.

All that glitters isnt Gold. Us Wizzards fans felt the same way about Miller. He cant help a team win. Maybe a good 7th or 8th players but not a top 6 player. There is a reason all the teams he played for are losers he isnt a go to guy.
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #33
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Default Beasley to the Wizards?

ESPN Insider currently has it and I think it makes sense because Beasley is from DC. Can someone please post the link? Thanks in advance!
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #34
scott0326
National High School Star

Default Re: Beasley to the Wizards?

Wizards better not trade Blatche
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Anyway, it would be a huge mistake for Miami if they end up trading Beasley. If there's one person who needs to go in that organization, it's Spo.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #36
VIP2000
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
ESPN Insider currently has it and I think it makes sense because Beasley is from DC. Can someone please post the link? Thanks in advance!

That makes sense. Gives Beasley a no-pressure situation where he can get a lot of playing time and develop.

Not sure what the Heat would get in return though? Blatche?
VIP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #37
coin24
Very good NBA starter

Heat should have kept Shaun Livingston.. Retards.

At times I've hated spo and wanted him gone but the more I think about it, what did he actually have to work with? Team was full of garbage. The beasley/ haslem bench issues etc they are both crap...

It would be good for supercool Beas in Washington though, he can be the no.1 option, they can challenge this years nets for crappy record lol...
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #38
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Doesn't make any sense. What would the Wizards give up? I doubt they'd part with Blatche because then they'd end up starting Oberto and have JaVale McGee as back up? Miami is done rebuilding with youngs, so a pick would be useless unless they'd want to trade it off later.

Although I'd prefer to get a PG for Beasley, I wouldn't be totally against getting Blatche.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yeah I did expect 18/8, and that's not fetching for next year depending on what team he is traded to, but at the same time i still don't know what position other teams will play him at SF or PF. I also at the same time while saying all of this... do want the Heat to trade Beasley, because I don't see the Heat getting LeBron, and I sure as hell don't want no Bosh + Beasley combo as C + PF.

The whole point I'm trying to make is his value is sure a hell of a lot better than a future lottery protected pick or straight salary dump like the guy above was saying. Agree or disagree?

I agree that the only way people will say he lived up to his potential is 25/10 numbers, but it just won't happen IMO, and surely never on the Heat. But that doesn't mean you give him away for free like the stupid GM in Memphis did with Gasol.

initially it was dumb,however they didn't know they would land a guy named OJ Mayo, if they knew they would i dont think they would have gave up Pau that easily and they didn't know Marc Gasol was so dag good either. so it was free cap space which they will resign Ronnie Brewer and they got Marc Gasol Euroleague MVP out of it, so it ended up a decent trade out of it.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #40
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
17 and 7 is still weak for Beasley. And weak for a #2 pick. Dude was on milk cartons 2 postseasons in a row. For Beasley to make people eat crow? He needs to perform damn near like a franchise caliber player or a legit, certified #1 scoring option. Call me when he is knocking on the doors of either. Miami had Wade literally carrying grown men on his back. You see when it comes to young talent people make too many excuses. The coach fault. The system. He plays behind this person. Yadda Yadda Yadda, blah blah blah. but with Beasley? Dude has all the minutes, scoring oppurtunities, rebounding (off/def) oppurtunities in the world. He can literally showcase his talent.

Miami had no one helping Wade. And this #2 pick with 1 year of college bball where he beasted as a freshman? He hasnt carried his weight thus far. And the talent angle can be milked for oh so long. More than talent that makes dudes perform at a high level. Beasley lacks it. He looks lost. Give him simple math problems adding and subtracting? Beasley owns. Give him algebra, calculus? Beasley stares at the paper until the bell rings. But wait til next year right? Just you wait?

Didnt have to wait for Derrick Rose, I tell you that much. Brook Lopez, Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo. Heck that Italian swaggerific Gallinari had a comparable season to Beasley. Like really. Lets wait another year before Beasley does what fans thought he do this season.

Like I said, call me when he arrives. Because it was pathetic for dude to drop an egg again in the postseason.

hands down the best poster on the site, The GOAT
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #41
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I hope we get Miller.

Imagine Wade + big man + very good 3 point shooter at SF

Yep, that.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Actually, I'd be willing to give up anything other than this year's lottery pick, McGee, Blatche, or Livingston for him.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #42
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
All that glitters isnt Gold. Us Wizzards fans felt the same way about Miller. He cant help a team win. Maybe a good 7th or 8th players but not a top 6 player. There is a reason all the teams he played for are losers he isnt a go to guy.

Well, the Grizzlies were good for a while...

To expand on this, Miller's an elite shooter and absurdly unselfish. He hustles like crazy, too, almost like a less athletic Gerald Wallace. The problem is that he's too unselfish and has gotten it into his head that he's a point forward, so he's always trying to make horrible passes. He actually had a comparable turnover rate to a project center last year, despite the fact that everyone agrees he should be catching and shooting all day like Stojakovic. He's a great rebounder and an ok defender when he's playing small forward, too. He just needs to shoot more and not be allowed to initiate the offense. He'd be perfect for Miami, though. Actually, him and Randy Foye would be great next to Wade, since both can catch and shoot and Foye can guard point guards while still getting buckets when Wade is out.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #43
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Doesn't make any sense. What would the Wizards give up? I doubt they'd part with Blatche because then they'd end up starting Oberto and have JaVale McGee as back up? Miami is done rebuilding with youngs, so a pick would be useless unless they'd want to trade it off later.

Although I'd prefer to get a PG for Beasley, I wouldn't be totally against getting Blatche.

Miller? Josh Howard? Randy Foye? The Wizards also have the Cavs' first rounder, which could probably be used for a decent role player on a cheap contract. They'll also be way under the cap next year, so they wouldn't have to send back matching salaries.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #44
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I completely forgot Josh Howard was on that team. I'd take him and McGee for Beasley in an instant.

One potsmoker for another? No thanks. I'd do Beasley for Blatche, or to possibly open up cap space.

One possible free agent picked up talked about by the Heat is Brenden Haywood. But if we trade Beasley straight up for Blatche somehow, then we'd have more money to throw at bosh/amare, boozer, etc...
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #45
entropy35
High School Starter

If beasley is traded to the wizards then blatche will porabably come off the bench or traded, it seems the organization hates him lol.

If beasley stay's Riley will regret it, if he goes riley will regret it as well because he'll perform well as #1 option and poorly playing behind Wade. It's a lose lose situation!
entropy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: