Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2010 2nd round preview: Lakers vs Jazz series

It's hard to say the Jazz have any chance at beating the Lakers. They're basically the same team that's lost to LA the past two years, minus AK47, Okur, and Brewer. A couple of their role players are playing better, but Bynum is also healthier than last year and his presence makes it difficult for Utah to match up.

This should be a fun series. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz come close to stealing game 1.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
They're basically the same team that's lost to LA the past two years, minus AK47, Okur, and Brewer.
We'll have AK back, Wesley Matthews is an improvement over Brewer (plus he can shoot, Kobe will actually have to guard him for a change and that'll keep the Lakers defense honest).
And having no Okur isn't good for us, but it's also not the worst thing that could have happened.. Okur isn't a good defender, and his offensive production was always just a bonus for the Jazz (Utah has no problems scoring on people). So with him out, the Jazz will play a true center in Fesenko.. Sure, he's not very talented and can't do much, but he's a tall 7 foot, 300 pounder in the paint that can alter and block a lot more shots than memo could have.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
We'll have AK back, Wesley Matthews is an improvement over Brewer (plus he can shoot, Kobe will actually have to guard him for a change and that'll keep the Lakers defense honest).
And having no Okur isn't good for us, but it's also not the worst thing that could have happened.. Okur isn't a good defender, and his offensive production was always just a bonus for the Jazz (Utah has no problems scoring on people). So with him out, the Jazz will play a true center in Fesenko.. Sure, he's not very talented and can't do much, but he's a tall 7 foot, 300 pounder in the paint that can alter and block a lot more shots than memo could have.

Here's how I look at it:

You guys have nobody who can guard Kobe. He's quietly been getting into the paint more often these past two games. He won't have much trouble finishing over Millsap and Boozer.

Gasol/Bynum/Odom > Boozer/Millsap. Both players tend to struggle against long, athletic players. Enough said.

Of course, you guys do have Deron Williams... he's better than our 3 point guards combined x 50, but unless he'll need some help.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this series go 6 or 7 games, but I see the Lakers winning in the end. Your best shot at stealing a game will be Sunday afternoon.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers in 6. We need to take the first two at home though and not give them any motivation. Kobe and the bigs should be able to go off on this team.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #20
RiPPn
I hit open layups

RiPPn has an OK reputation so far

I think this is payback for the Jazz sweeping the Lakers out back to back years in the 90s. :)
RiPPn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPPn
I think this is payback for the Jazz sweeping the Lakers out back to back years in the 90s. :)

Haha, we'll see about that.

BTW, I loved Sloan's response when a report asked him his thoughts about facing the Lakers. He basically said, "Well, we're going to play hard."
Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

Well, with today's announcement that Bynum's MRI showed has a slight tear in his meniscus, I'm very glad we have the long layoff between games 2 and 3. He's questionable for game 1. Apparently he had the same injury last year and played through it with some discomfort and yesterday he just re-aggrevated it.

I say sit Bynum till game 3. Start Odom for the 2 games in LA. That would give Drew over a weak off to heal it up and hopefully avoid making it any worse.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #23
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Here's how I look at it:

You guys have nobody who can guard Kobe. He's quietly been getting into the paint more often these past two games. He won't have much trouble finishing over Millsap and Boozer.

Gasol/Bynum/Odom > Boozer/Millsap. Both players tend to struggle against long, athletic players. Enough said.

Of course, you guys do have Deron Williams... he's better than our 3 point guards combined x 50, but unless he'll need some help.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this series go 6 or 7 games, but I see the Lakers winning in the end. Your best shot at stealing a game will be Sunday afternoon.

There isn't much of a talent difference; in that case, you are correct.

However, the chemistry is there. It wasn't there the year you beat us in 5. Also, the Jazz are playing extraordinarily better defense than in years past, and were 21-20 on the road (yeah, really). We've grown up.

That's the difference. Maturity.

Lakers in 6-7, though

mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Here's how I look at it:

People underestimate Matthews. You will notice him after a few games, particularly the home games. Between Matthews and the occasional CJ defense on a not-100% kobe, I think it will show.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
Maneva
Decent playground baller

Maneva has not been impressing people

Even though I'm going to say Lakers in 5, I think people are underestimating the Jazz a bit. I think most games will be close, just based on how well the Jazz have been playing, and also if Deron Williams will be as good as he has been, he could be a lot of trouble for LA. Really depends on Bynum's health though, and also if Boozer can play better than he has against LA in the past.

And I think Kobe's going to go off this series, definitely before Kirilenko comes back at least. He's been looking better the last few games, and with all the criticism and accusations of getting old, I think he's really going to come out on fire.
Maneva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #26
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Lakers in 7 .... since Bynum is injured again ( TORN meniscus ). MRI has confirmed it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-bynum
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #27
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

Hollinger said that with AK47 the Jazz will win the series. LOL
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #28
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt
Hollinger said that with AK47 the Jazz will win the series. LOL

That dude says utah will beat LA every year, it's ridiculous at this point. utah can lose 10 in a row before the playoffs start while lakers win 75 games that season and he will say that utah will win.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: