Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Wizards interested in Beasley?

Quote:
According to a league source, the Wizards are open to acquiring Michael Beasley from the Heat this off-season.

The Heat is looking to create more salary cap room and the former second-overall pick struggled at times during his second season in Miami.

The Wizards' front office, which could have more than $21 million in cap room to use this summer, has mixed views on Beasley's game.

Beasley is a Maryland native.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...043001450.html
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wizards interested in Beasley?

THREE Maxes. Riles is going ALL IN.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What would the deal look like? Who would we look to get from the Wizards? Blatche, Foye, Miller?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Azizi
I airball my layups

Azizi has an OK reputation so far

@ plowking all of those players you mentioned would do wonders for the heat atm but were gonna have to wait and see what they do before hand to see what they need after other signings/trades etc.
Azizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

I hope we get Miller.

Imagine Wade + big man + very good 3 point shooter at SF

Yep, that.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
What would the deal look like? Who would we look to get from the Wizards? Blatche, Foye, Miller?
JaVale McGee has to be involved for one... other than that I don't know.

Beasley + Jones + Cook for McGee + S&T Howard + future 1st

???
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Azizi
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I hope we get Miller.

Imagine Wade + big man + very good 3 point shooter at SF

Yep, that.
Anyway to get Foye+Miller from beasley maybe add pick money etc?

Make it

PG Foye
SG Wade
SF Miller
PF (acquired from FA) stoudemire/bosh/boozer
C O'neal (hopefully having another good big beside him would get him back into his game)

I would like that lineup for the Heat next year
Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

this would be great for beasley, as his muntes, points, boards would all skyrocket, and he'd be in his hometown. His jersey sales would improve greatly in just one season. I'm all for this, and it would potentially help the heat in more than one way.

Mutual benefit, a rare thing in sports business.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azizi
Anyway to get Foye+Miller from beasley maybe add pick money etc?

Make it

PG Foye
SG Wade
SF Miller
PF (acquired from FA) stoudemire/bosh/boozer
C O'neal (hopefully having another good big beside him would get him back into his game)

I would like that lineup for the Heat next year

Who would trade Beasley for Miller & Foye?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Azizi
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Who would trade Beasley for Miller & Foye?
Do you think its not possible to get miller+foye for beasley or would you not like to get them both I believe Foye is an upgrade at the PG position.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azizi
Do you think its not possible to get miller+foye for beasley or would you not like to get them both I believe Foye is an upgrade at the PG position.
Sorry if I have to break this down for you.... but why would the Heat trade Beasley for Foye & Miller when they are free agents anyway, and the Heat could sign them without giving up anything?

Doesn't make sense, and is lopsided in favor of the Wizards. Beasley >>>>> Foye or Miller.... and they got him for nothing by giving up 2 guys who they had no plans on re-signing at all.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Quote:
BOSTON -- Michael Beasley was the last Miami Heat player to leave the court on Tuesday morning, after spending several minutes shooting midrange jumpers and free throws with teammate Udonis Haslem and assistant coach Keith Askins. As he walked to a table to collect his sweats, Beasley noticed they were on the floor, with his headphones, cellphone and sneakers. Dwyane Wade had walked past his belongings moments before, and Beasley suspected that Wade was the culprit.

"Did he knock my stuff down?" Beasley asked a group of reporters, before shaking his head and smiling. "See, you all think Dwyane Wade is such a nice guy. But he's an [expletive]."

Beasley then laughed to himself, hoping those around him would realize that he was kidding. But several hours later Beasley wasn't smiling or joking, following a miserable playoff performance that could lead to his eventual separation from Wade,

Very disappointed at D-Wade. That was a **** move a jordan to his teammates in the locker room. Very childish, I understand Wade's frustrated on how he wanted the heat to select OJ Mayo for good reason as the #2 pick instead of Beasley, however come Wade Beasley is an immature not NBA ready like Mayo. You can't just be knocking his personnal belongings around when he doesn't perform well which was all of the Celtics series, what the heck does that accomplish. Beasley maybe a dumbass in the head, but you don't see him getting in trouble with the law he is still at 21 year old.

With that out the way, dang Pat Riley if he can get 3 max players. what about signing Bosh or Amare, then acquring Gilbert Arenas? you guys will be big over and have to pay a huge luxury tax, but you will be serious contenders in the weak east.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
Azizi
I airball my layups

Quote:
Sorry if I have to break this down for you.... but why would the Heat trade Beasley for Foye & Miller when they are free agents anyway, and the Heat could sign them without giving up anything?

Doesn't make sense, and is lopsided in favor of the Wizards. Beasley >>>>> Foye or Miller.... and they got him for nothing by giving up 2 guys who they had no plans on re-signing at all.
WAsnt aware they were both FA makes more sense now
Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Mixed reviews from a team is the best that the HEAT can hope for.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #15
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I completely forgot Josh Howard was on that team. I'd take him and McGee for Beasley in an instant.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: