Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 11-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #16
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

One of the problems with Z, that I didn't pick up on right away, but is obvious to me now, is that he can't quite get a handle on this new "motion" offense.

Z is slow to begin with, and Mike Brown institutes an offense where the players have to keep moving.

I'm all for running the offense, I think they abandoned their offense way too much last year late in the game, but I think they need to setup some plays that have Z getting some simple post plays, or else a few jumpers. He seems to still have that proficiency for the open 15-18 footer.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #17
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

The cavs are ready to win, they've shown it this year, they'll beat the better teams in the league, it's that record when they play the teams who have records of 500% or less.

The cavs will be a top of the East, you would have to be a fool to think they won't, the Cavs have a relatively easy schedule leading into January, so they play weaker competition just to warm up for the second half of the year, that's when they'll show up even more, and go for the 1st place in the East.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #18
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
The cavs are ready to win, they've shown it this year, they'll beat the better teams in the league, it's that record when they play the teams who have records of 500% or less.

The cavs will be a top of the East, you would have to be a fool to think they won't, the Cavs have a relatively easy schedule leading into January, so they play weaker competition just to warm up for the second half of the year, that's when they'll show up even more, and go for the 1st place in the East.

The only Cavs victories this year that have counted have been against the Spurs and Bulls. They proved they could beat the Wizards last year in the playoffs, and if they couldn't do it again, then they might as well give up championship dreams, because I don't see the Wizards threatening for the title, even though they have some good players. They're just too soft inside.

They lost to the Bobcats, and the Hawks, two beatable teams (easily beatable in the Bobcat's case). Their other wins SHOULD have taken place. They didn't accomplish anything. Portland, Minnesota, Boston, are all weak teams.

I might even argue that they should have easily beaten Chicago just because it was at home. It's no secret that the age-old formula for winning the title is to win all your home games, and half your road victories.

It also strikes me as fortunate that so far, the Cavs seem to be spreading out the big games from the other guys. Hughes hadn't impressed me too much in the last couple of games before his injury, but they got big games from Sasha, Damon Jones, and then Zydrunas, just when they needed them.

Like I've said in every post since I started here (regarding the cavs), what they NEED is some consistency from anyone who isn't wearing 23.

Mathius
Old 11-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

right now cleveland has the best record in the east. that's not by accident
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #20
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
right now cleveland has the best record in the east. that's not by accident

Maybe not, but show me one team in the East right now that is playoff ready? Chicago blew out Miami in the first game IN Miami, and then turned around and lost to Orlando. Miami is playing like they finally realized just how old most of them are. Detroit is obviously not as good as they were with Ben Wallace, and they missed Rip Hamilton for a few games as well. Not to mention Chauncey Billups hasn't been happy lately from what I've heard/read.

At this point I wouldn't put it past Orlando to knock the Cavs out of the playoffs the way Dwight Howard and Darko have been playing together. Aside from that, New Jersey might actually be the most dangerous team in the East.

Who is shining on the Cavs besides #23?

Mathius
Old 11-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #21
Mathius

So where are all you "Cavs championship" guys now? They've lost what? 4 of the last 6? They just lost to the Knicks!

Still think they're championship bound?

Wait, I know.. let me do this for you.... it's 'cuz Larry Hughes is hurt, right?

Want me to say it? "They'll be fine when Larry comes back."

Gag me.

Mathius
Old 11-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #22
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

****ing Cavs man. Losing to all the ****ty teams. Way to go guys, way to go. Sure looks like we made a setback from last year. Instead of building on what we did last year, we're getting worse. Something needs to be done.

I'm so angry right now. ****. ****. ****. The Knicks? God!

nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 AM   #23
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

man im really pissed off with cavs...u just cant rely on bron n hughes to do everything... i feel sorry for bron he has to go all around the court i mean look at his stats a block 2 steals has to get the boards and the assists. i mean get rid of gooden, just get rid of his contract seriously. try and get david west or a strong pf-c. imagine having harrington on the cavs...hell sign shawn kemp he'll be better then gooden(just a joke)
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #24
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Nice win tonight against the Hawks. Everyone pretty much had a good game, even Eric Snow blow. Gibson is continuing to impress. Jones is freaking amazing right now. Every shot he takes seems to go in these days. Hopefully he can stay like this all year and I think he can. If you notice, his shot is kinda different. His legs are more underneath him. His stroke just looks really smooth. Keep it up Jones! It'd be nice to put together a win streak here, because the Pistons are on fire right now. And Dooshbag Coach Brown, keep playing the rooks!
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #25
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
Jones is freaking amazing right now. Every shot he takes seems to go in these days. Hopefully he can stay like this all year and I think he can. If you notice, his shot is kinda different. His legs are more underneath him. His stroke just looks really smooth. Keep it up Jones!

Yeah, but he's still not even as good as Steve Kerr was with the Bulls. Have you seen him bring the ball up the court even? He's scoring on open looks, which is what I wish all our guys would do, but lets not make it more than it is. He's just hitting open shots. He isn't penetrating or beating anyone off the dribble or anything to justify that big contract.

Did you see them get their asses handed to them by the Rockets? Embarassing.

Mathius
Old 12-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #26
Mathius

Why are we honoring the 86-87 team this year? What the heck did they do? Make it to a couple of second round playoffs only to have Michael kick us out? Why is that worth honoring?

Mathius
Old 12-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #27
Mathius

Another example of how bad a coach Mike Brown is. Cleveland loses to Charlotte. Very poor coaching in the last minute and a half. Cleveland is down 4, with 34 seconds left and Charlotte has the ball. Instead of fouling right away, they let Paul dribble 14 seconds off the clock, then foul him anyways when he goes to the hoop. He sinks two free throws, and then Charlotte gives a foul. There's now 16 seconds left for the Cavs to make up 6 points. Game over.

Brown sucks.

Mathius
Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #28
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Another example of how bad a coach Mike Brown is. Cleveland loses to Charlotte. Very poor coaching in the last minute and a half. Cleveland is down 4, with 34 seconds left and Charlotte has the ball. Instead of fouling right away, they let Paul dribble 14 seconds off the clock, then foul him anyways when he goes to the hoop. He sinks two free throws, and then Charlotte gives a foul. There's now 16 seconds left for the Cavs to make up 6 points. Game over.

Brown sucks.

Mathius

Agree, Brown does suck, and so do the Cavs!!
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #29
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default uhh its this simple

We need a d@mn reliable point guard and a better post man at the 4 spot. Jones sure can get hot at the three.. but that's it. And when he's off on a night, you might as well throw in a elderly woman, she'd do just as good. Onto that, uhh.. Drew gooden sucks

I cant tell you what i would have done to sign jason terry over the summer. But we obviously didn't have the money paying garbage contracts to hughes/gooden/jones.

They should have just let gooden go by so they could have saved some money. They could have used it for next years offseason and there not much worse in there with varejao or donyell.

As for the future, its definitely promising. Gibson has been looking pretty sharp as long as brown however there both still maturing and aren't ready for a starting role yet. We just need to work something off to get a PG here soon hopefully before the deadline.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #30
Mathius

I agree with what you're saying except that I don't think just acquiring a quality point guard is going to be enough.

A lot of people will argue that Gibson is a perfect fit anyways because he's a scorer and the Cavs run the offense through Lebron when they need big buckets anyways.

I really truly believe that if we ran some post plays it would totally change the face of our offense. We have so many good three point shooters. If the defense was forced to double down on Z, or Gooden, we'd be getting wide open looks left and right, and maybe Lebron wouldn't have to play so many minutes.

As it is now, the few looks we're getting are off of Lebron's drives. They're spending way too much time chucking up jumpers and threes that are bad shots, and not necessarily open looks. They panic when Lebron can't give them something. Defenses are keying on it.

And actually if we started posting up Gooden and he started doing well, he might earn that 6-7 million a year he's getting.

Read this and weep kids: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...cavaliers.html

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: