Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-12-2006, 02:58 AM   #16
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

presentations are fine if you're prepared for them. I enjoy giving presentations as long as the topic is interesting. One thing about giving presentations, if you're gonna tell a joke, make sure you nail it. If a joke goes wrong and no one laughs, man good luck recovering.

I have problems with the phone thing too. But since I have to do it for work, I'm getting better at it. But I tend to rehearse stuff in my head a few times before calling. Most likely a stall tactic
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i also hate saying my own name
dude, me too. we're like the same person. I don't like saying other peoples names either. it just feels awkward for some reason. like to describe someone I'll be like "oh you know John? he.." but when I'm talking to John I will go through all the greetings I can to get his attention not his name.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #18
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i agree somewhat, i fear using the telphone, i ****ing hate it, if someone rings me im fine, but if i have to ring someone i hate doing it (only people i dont know that is)

Cosign, having the call people up throws me out of my elements.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #19
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
dude, me too. we're like the same person. I don't like saying other peoples names either. it just feels awkward for some reason. like to describe someone I'll be like "oh you know John? he.." but when I'm talking to John I will go through all the greetings I can to get his attention not his name.

Wow, you can lump me in here too. I hate saying my own name, just doesnt come off right. I swear to God I've been called out on not addressing people by name.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #20
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I actually prefer speaking to strangers than speaking in front of people I know. because if they're strangers I truly do not care what they think about me. but I know there are some people in the school that I have awkward relationships with and so there's that. and I'm going to be seeing all these people again so if I misspeak or something I'll hear about it later. I mean I laugh that stuff off but still, speaking in front of strangers is way easier because I could care less about them.

Ive always wondered how debate team works. is there a crowd? I would have done that years ago if not for the fact that I hate everyone on the debate team.
Well, when you are debating, unless its the finals or semis, its just your and your partner, your opponents, and the judges. However, I used to be a very good debator( )and got into the semis and finals quite a bit () , and when that happens, debators who have been eliminated earlier usually enter the room to watch, learn, and to practice flowing.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
LOL, me too, but only when its somebody i dont know very well. It just seems very awkward to say their name, idk why Its also pretty embarassing
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: