Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #61
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kevin Hart can be the new Dave Chappelle ...

He is cool...I think most peoples' issue with him is that he is way bigger than he should be. You know was FUNNY, like truly funny? Patrice O'Neal. RIP. He easily could have been Kevin Hart status if he wasn't so ruthless to the people in power.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #62
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
He is cool...I think most peoples' issue with him is that he is way bigger than he should be. You know was FUNNY, like truly funny? Patrice O'Neal. RIP. He easily could have been Kevin Hart status if he wasn't so ruthless to the people in power.
Oh man that Elephant in the Room stand up was AMAZING. He spit so much truth there along with real comedy. Reminded me of Chapelle.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #63
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
His new television show "Real Husbands of Hollywood" looks to be "Chappelle's Show" for this decade.

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #64
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
By next year, Jeff will add a Kevin Hart smilie.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #65
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kevin Hart is great. To me he is like 2-3 favorite stand-up comedians and you might remember I once made a thread wondering if he could already become considered a legend.

But the Chappelle comparison is a bad one. Dave Chappelle was on another planet than pretty much all but a select few during his time because he added the satire. Hart is a terrific story teller, but he doesn't have that extra factor.

And won't ever get there, it's not his brand of comedy. But I do think he will go down as one of the best, and he needs to have that one movie or t.v. role where he's front and center and it's hilarious. He's been good in supporting roles and the things he's stared in have been shit (not his fault).

But I doubt we see another Dave Chappelle for a while.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #66
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Oh man that Elephant in the Room stand up was AMAZING. He spit so much truth there along with real comedy. Reminded me of Chapelle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPUZyTXERtw

LOL
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #67
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
His new television show "Real Husbands of Hollywood" looks to be "Chappelle's Show" for this decade.

When Chappelle's show came out, there was no way SOMEBODY wasn't gonna bring it up to you the day after a new episode aired. You couldn't escape it. People were quoting it, referencing the characters etc. Every day after it aired, people were gonna be talking about it somehow. And this started from episode 1 with the clayton bigsby skit.

I didn't even know Hart's new show started yet. I haven't heard a single person say a single word about it. The only thing I've ever heard about it was when i saw Hart doing an interview on Conan about it.

I'm sorry Kizzle, Hart is funny, but he's funny in supporting roles. He needs SOMEONE to be reacting to. He's not a leading man
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #68
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dude is a try hard. Chappelle is a LEGEND!
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #69
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:

If you were in front of me and said this i'd smash you over the head with a brick kizzy
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #70
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The only thing stopping Hart from being the next Chappelle is actually being funny.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #71
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00

Patrice O'Neal was a monster, i remember the first time i saw this clip it was like 2:30 AM in my crib and i woke up my entire house after about the 4th time he said "watcha' doin?"
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #72
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

See Dave Chappelle introduced a new formula to TV, one that wasnt really expanded upon before him. After him there appeared a 101 tv shows that use the same idea. Thats why he quit he knew he couldnt keep up the same consistency in his skits. Kevin Hart would just be another generic knock off. No better than all the other shit thats out. Chappele was quite gifted with his ideas too which i doubt kevin hart is good at,.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #73
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

By new Dave Chappelle, I mean the hottest comic in the game. He is that dude right now.

Remember when Eddie Murphy was the new Richard Pryor. Just meant he's the hottest in the game at that time.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #74
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
By new Dave Chappelle, I mean the hottest comic in the game. He is that dude right now.

So Kevin Hart is the new Dave Chappelle, in the same sense that Dwight Howard is the new Shaq basically
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #75
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So Kevin Hart is the new Dave Chappelle, in the same sense that Dwight Howard is the new Shaq basically
Well when you put it like that it sounds bad.

I mean Hart < Chappelle < Murphy < Pryor. But it would be like that for any comic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: