Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ricky Williams Documentary on ESPN right now

check it out
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ricky Williams Documentary on ESPN right now

somehow he didn't win Comback Player of the Year...

Tom Brady did...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
somehow he didn't win Comback Player of the Year...

Tom Brady did...

Yeah that was BS.

It should have been Ricky or Vince Young that won it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i enjoyed it. I can cope what he did. i understood what he needed to do. He became a better person because of it apparently.

it was wrong for the public and media to villify what he did because he was misunderstood easily. the subject of marijuana had a big effect as well. i mean he liked to smoke and didnt hide that fact.

it was very interesting because he seems like a very unique individual. it was great to see him turn his life around from a 'dark' place. but then again you just wish for him to be happy any other way even if he didnt was talented on the football field. so if he was happy in his 'dark' place, none of us had any right to criticize him. i just hope he is truly happy where he is right now.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm looking for the whole thing online for anyone who didn't see it but only found clips so far. It was really good. I had no idea about the whole sexual abuse story with his father.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i havent seen it b/c there were other things i was watching when it came on. i'm sure itll be on tv again soon. but if anyone finds a link, post it so i can watch now. i'm bored.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've always sorta liked Ricky, the quirkiness, non-conformist, all that, so I thought this'd make me like him more. It didn't, it showed parts of him that made me genuinely dislike him as a person. Him being an absent father, the filmmaker asked him if he missed his kids and he says "mmm...not really..." That disgusted me. Granted, those parts were from a few years ago and he seems to have made strides there, but that's pieces of your children's development you can't ever recoup.

The interview he did with Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes looked GREAT, I need to look for it online. It was when he quit football and first started doing all that holistic medicine training stuff. I didn't see the context but there was a quote from Ricky along the lines of, "when would it have been OK for me to stop playing football? When my knees went out? When my shoulders were gone? When I had too many concussions?" It's something I find myself questioning a lot of sports fandom about, the way we don't see these genetic freaks as people, just machines and robots that're supposed to go out there and destroy their bodies for X amount of years. Then when they can't hack it anymore, move along to be replaced by the next young buck, never to be heard from again. It's all about our personal satisfaction, a guy like Williams quits because he just doesn't enjoy it and wants to live a life that he actually likes and he's vilified.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
C-A-T-S
@Bobcats f o r u m PSD

C-A-T-S has an OK reputation so far

Either Ricky's crazy......or we're all crazy and hes the only one that really gets it. - Dan Le Batard
C-A-T-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

I think people are overlooking something major here. Ricky is indeed a good person with some obvious flaws that have been rooted from his childhood which have spilled over into his adulthood.

I believe the source of the problem stems from that piece of sht father of his. His dad does some weird sexual sht and then abandon's them? Just imagine how this can a affect a kid psychologically. And who knows what else happened in that household. Most children end up much worst off than he did.

This is why don't even bother taking media's opinion that seriously. They don't know any more than we do about a person.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-A-T-S
Either Ricky's crazy......or we're all crazy and hes the only one that really gets it. - Dan Le Batard

Thought Le Batard's quotes were really cool within the documentary. The one about 95% of the stuff he says being enlightening and lucid and the other 5% bring wildly crazy was good too.

I really didn't know how unique of a person Ricky is until I just watched this. I thought it was a fantastic documentary, the best of the 30 for 30 imo. The part about him not caring for his kids was startling and the episode with his father was disturbing. It gave a really deep look into his life and the process he went through trying to discover himself as a person.

I agree with Lebowski about finding that Mike Wallace interview. It looks like it was awesome just from the brief sound bites that were in teh documentary.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Thought Le Batard's quotes were really cool within the documentary. The one about 95% of the stuff he says being enlightening and lucid and the other 5% bring wildly crazy was good too.

I really didn't know how unique of a person Ricky is until I just watched this. I thought it was a fantastic documentary, the best of the 30 for 30 imo. The part about him not caring for his kids was startling and the episode with his father was disturbing. It gave a really deep look into his life and the process he went through trying to discover himself as a person.

I agree with Lebowski about finding that Mike Wallace interview. It looks like it was awesome just from the brief sound bites that were in teh documentary.

Yeah best one so far i think too, and i really liked Winning Time.

Ricky just seems so calm about it all, and he seems to understand that as long as he does to do what he needs to do he'll be alright.

On him thinking that he abused the use of weed.

"-What made you come to that conclusion?

RW: Ummm that I was smoking too much, I was smoking too much.
"

I thought that was funny as hell :)
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: