Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #46
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How much does your shooting percentage drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
It might have to do that at a young age we play on a lower basket. Which allows for teaching a jump-shot with a high-release point rather than having to shoot from your hip to hit a 10 foot rim.

Other than that my shot is pretty much "normal" as far as I know. Never had a coach complain about my mechanics.

yeah good video, you seem like a decent shooter at min. pretty nice size although you did say you were a forward, so i guess that makes you undersized? Yeah, if anything i would work on ball handling and change of pace. however you said you know how to use angles and brains beats bronze.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #47
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

And for those of you who think NBA players can't shoot 75% from behind the arc.. you're delusional. AI & AI are not known for their shooting, and they're not good shooters. I would also venture out and say they are pretty bad shooters. Their form is an example in itself. AI doesn't even tuck his elbow when he shoots, it's all over the place. That's a terrible example of a good "NBA Stroke". Neither of them shoots above 85% from the freethrow line. I shoot 92+% from the FT line in games, and 95+% when I'm practicing. I guarantee if we were shooting around with no defense, I could out-shoot both of them.
Why not post a video of Mark Price, Steve Nash, Dirk, Peja, Larry Bird, or any of those guys? Even Mike Penberthy, who isn't good enough to play in the league anymore, would be dropping almost every shot. I guarantee a shooting session with any of them would just be like... "Swish, Swish... rinse, repeat... Maybe miss one out of 10 shots."

Nash warming up: (NBA Range) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL6PJnV8RVk
I guarantee Nash could stand there and continue that for 10 minutes and would be shooting damn near 90% from back there. And that's NBA Range.

Gilbert Arenas goofing around with DeShawn Stevenson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6O42a5vl8
Here, Gilbert has a contest with Stevenson. He makes 70/100 College 3-pointers... ONE HANDED.. no guiding hand at all. How many you think he'd make shooting normal?

I could post a video of me shooting whatever shots you guys want if you really don't believe it. I guarantee if I shoot 100 FT's practicing, I will never make less than 92, ever. If I ever shoot as low as 92, that would be a terrible free throw shooting day for me. That's the one thing I always count, and I have not once in the last 5 years shot anything below 92/100 when going to the gym and shooting around by myself. I usually hit between 30-65 before even missing my first one.

I'm just saying, the average day I go to the gym, the averages I posted at the start of the thread are the percentages I shoot 6/7 days out of the week. I might have one bad day where I shoot 50%, but it's rare. I'm sure a bad day would bring lower averages, but I'm just saying.. The average day I go to the gym, that's what I shoot. I'm sure if I went to the gym one random day, and counted the averages, it would be very close to what I stated. If I went to the gym over the course of 30 days and took my averages, they'd probably be 5-10% lower. I might have 2-3 bad shooting days out of those 30 days of practicing, sure. But to doubt that anyone can shoot those percentages on an average day is a joke.

You also have to keep in mind it's the same gym I've been playing at for the past 6+ Years. I've probably taken tens of thousands of shots there, and I have a perfect feel for the rims, the gym, and everything on that entire court.

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 05-07-2010 at 07:18 AM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #48
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

i think the reason why he post the ai vid was because u said something like even nba scrubs could shot like that.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #49
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

This competition shows pretty much how credible Sephs claims are: http://www.ibeatyou.com/entry/3dd9a3...eat-steve-nash
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #50
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

All those people on Ibeatyou are shooting NBA range.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: