Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKnicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default how much do nba assistant coaches make?

i would figure the lowest level assistant makes $75,000 and the highest level makes $150,000
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
CeoTypeDoe619

Default Re: how much do nba assistant coaches make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
i would figure the lowest level assistant makes $75,000 and the highest level makes $150,000
Sounds about right
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
jdem
Close but no cigar

jdem has an OK reputation so far

It's closer to $500K
jdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe Indy's lead ass't Lester Conner makes ~$400k, but don't quote me.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

Kingsfans818 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010

are you kidding?

$75,000 for a job that they're on the road for so much time and the time, skill and effort

probably $250 - $750 k
Kingsfans818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdem
It's closer to $500K

For somebody who is just the freethrow coach, forget someone who actually sits on the bench being that easy.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

at least a few hundred grand. but 75Gs? gotta be kidding. even some 21yo recent grads hit over that on their first job. you got ex-college coaches or even ex-nba coaches as assistant coaches in the nba... they won't be there if they're only making peanuts.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #8
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

The OP is nowhere close to being correct. The answer is $300k-$900k.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #9
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
The OP is nowhere close to being correct. The answer is $300k-$900k.

So basically stupid money.

Wouldn't America be so much better if people who make 900k made 850k, but people who make 8 dollars an hour make 15 and so on? Tech support is a joke nowadays. Sorry I'm venting because I spent an hour today on the phone and in chat with support for my internet company.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #10
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

As a result of personally knowing someone who is an NBA assistant, I can firmly say that the range is between $250k-800k. There are many factors involved, such as how much experience the coach has, their reputation, the market in which they will be coaching, etc. A first year NBA assistant coaching a team like the Timberwolves would probably make around $250-300k. On the other hand, an NBA assistant who has been coaching for 15-20+ years will command a salary of around $700-800k. Of course, that number goes up if the team is located in a high cost of living city like LA, NY, SF/Bay Area (Golden State). For example, one of Phil Jackson's more senior assistants probably makes over $1 million per year.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
Wagon jumper
I brick open layups

Wagon jumper has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
So basically stupid money.

Wouldn't America be so much better if people who make 900k made 850k, but people who make 8 dollars an hour make 15 and so on? Tech support is a joke nowadays. Sorry I'm venting because I spent an hour today on the phone and in chat with support for my internet company.

I wont say is stupid money, as some say the experience, reputation, education and network makes only the prestige group of people can make it to this industry. Therefore you can't simply say is shame that the majority is making minimum wage.
Side note on your experience on tech support, now a days all the service provider seems had all decided and designed a way to stall all the customer with all the phone in enquiry. I dont know is that the new trend of good customer service but the objection of their phone enquiry is to stall customers.
Wagon jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #12
AK47DR91

Fans just see them holding a clipboard or sitting near the bench. But behind the scenes, I'm sure they put up the same amount of work as head coaches do, maybe even more as most jobs the lower positions tend to do more work.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #13
chris02jammers
Decent playground baller

chris02jammers is starting to rub some people the wrong way

according to NBA 2k10 at least 250K...
chris02jammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris02jammers
according to NBA 2k10 at least 250K...
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Has to be more than 200k. They don't even do much on the court, but probably a lot during practice.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: