Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #31
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post your video's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
lol @ "non competitive"

and @kjones u dribble exactly like my pg when i was in hs. Those quick spurts and then you kinda walk into another quick spurt. its identical lol

i chuckled myself at the non competitve part. Swag that one guy while i was watching looked like he was about to dunk on somebody and had few nice moves.

kjones, dribble like of my friends. He is in law school, he played mid major d1 ball in college. They both do the quick spurts then slow down into another quick spurt. He however chops his feet inbetween, really gets the defense confused. i picked that up for him. His handles are crazy fast. I don't use fast dribbling moves like kjones or my friend. My style is change of pace and fakes gets the job done on the defender, not as pleasing to the eye like fast handles. A lot like Tyreke Evans and Chauncey Billups style of dribbling in the halfcourt at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaptU2Ezh2g Here's Tyreke's workout put it on 2:15-2:40 when he does cone drills. Notice his technique isn't speed like kjones. It is more change of pace and body/shoulder/head fakes.

Just two different styles of dribbling.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 05-07-2010 at 10:13 PM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #32
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
i chuckled myself at the non competitve part. Swag that one guy while i was watching looked like he was about to dunk on somebody and had few nice moves.

Well i don't really know how else to explain it lol... I sure wasn't competing Aside from the fact that that the two guys on my team could score in isolation and get along fine without my help, I've played with/against the guy that was guarding me quite a bit (good guy) and I already know I can score on him pretty much any time I want... So I really had absolutely nothing to prove lol. Yea that's Sean (my friend and the guy I'm training), and as you saw at the end, he can dunk rather easy. I am pretty sure he could have dunked on that one that he traveled on and the other one he might have been able to just put in over that guy. As for his overall game, he is a slasher and finisher... he makes a lot of great cuts to the basket and is great to play with. I'm working with him on his one on one game... but it's going to take him a while to feel completely comfortable with it. I'm proud of him though for not exposing the ball on that one drive where could have dunked over that guy... he swung it over his head out of the defenders reach and then went hard to the basket... which is exactly what we have been working on. Almost brings a tear to my eye lol.

Hey all this talk about midrange... you guys watching what Grant Hill is doing? He has been doing it forever, but man does that guy have a midrange... it's as close to automatic as any I have seen.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 05-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #33
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
The mid range is so underrated... but it's also really hard, cause like everyone else mentioned, but how are you supposed to get a shot off when the D closes in like that? Space creating moves only get you so far, so what are some tips to get more elevation on a jump shot?

I am too bad at shooting, it's ridiculous, because I notice everything that's wrong with my shot every time I shoot from leaning back to bad release to bringing the ball too high. I'll probably spend an hour just shooting under the basket... pretty boring, but I'm sure it'll pay off.

But I know how lethal the mid range is because there's this kid I play with, he has a disease where his endurance is really low so the fact that he's a beast now just shows how good he once was. But he can get the ball from his dribble to his shot pocket so quick you have no chance to react and even when you try to block it, he's too quick and it's like a freaking machine, from just inside the 3 point line you're screwed if he gets a look at the basket. I need to be like that

Again, it is hard. You have to be able to create your shot off the dribble, footwork, and have a decent jumper at minimum. Then it helps if you have really nice elevation and do all those things like dark,kjones,1manfastbreak. Me, i don't have a lot of elevation, but i have a quick release and i can create off the dribble, so i can get it off cleanly.

For the getting over the defender say that's taller than you. You need to have good elevation of your jumper or have a quick release or both.

If you keep your shot consistent and can make it go straight. All it is left is reps, consistency and reps and your shot will improve.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 05-07-2010 at 10:29 PM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #34
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJones
8 years of pro ball in Europe, 1 year in the Middle East and about 5 games in the ABA (That leagues is so horrible it should count as -5)

XD I love the quote about the ABA. I have heard the same things about it from friends, how people don't really watch the games and it's all ugly and disorganized. The players are supposedly good, but nobody is on the same page, or so I hear.

Your videos are great, you have a beautiful game. Interesting how you practice certain counters and all that. I actually am more of a read & react type. I don't really practice specific moves / counter moves like that, although I do use them depending on what the defense gives me. A lot of the moves I use are hesitation based moves to keep the defense guessing. I am more the crafty, sneaky type who keeps defenders guessing by outsmarting them. I think that's why everyone has been calling me "Nash" since he became famous... -_- ... lol. It's funny how when a white guy is good, all the Black people immediately give him some random NBA white guy nickname. My white friend plays a helter-skelter free-wheeling style, and when he plays pickup ball, everyone is always like "oooh GINOBILI!!!"

I probably actually play somewhere of a mix between a Nash / Luke Ridnour / Mark Price type.

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 05-07-2010 at 11:15 PM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #35
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
It's funny how when a white guy is good, all the Black people immediately give him some random NBA white guy nickname. My white friend plays a helter-skelter free-wheeling style, and when he plays pickup ball, everyone is always like "oooh GINOBILI!!!"

Try being a red-head... anytime I make a 3 somebody yells "SCALABRINE!!!" or "The dude who plays on the spurs!!!"

I don't play like either of those Scal or Bonner, but by God if I hit a 3 it's coming from somewhere lol.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #36
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo

kjones, dribble like of my friends. He is in law school, he played mid major d1 ball in college. They both do the quick spurts then slow down into another quick spurt. He however chops his feet inbetween, really gets the defense confused. i picked that up for him. His handles are crazy fast. I don't use fast dribbling moves like kjones or my friend. My style is change of pace and fakes gets the job done on the defender, not as pleasing to the eye like fast handles. A lot like Tyreke Evans and Chauncey Billups style of dribbling in the halfcourt at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaptU2Ezh2g Here's Tyreke's workout put it on 2:15-2:40 when he does cone drills. Notice his technique isn't speed like kjones. It is more change of pace and body/shoulder/head fakes.

Just two different styles of dribbling.

I looked at Tyreke and I basically use the same style and use my body the same way as him. This video will help me a lot to create the contact and get by my man. I am not fast so this is a great way. Thanks a lot man.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #37
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Yea that Tyreke video is great. that one where he goes behind his back around 2:25 or so... man that would probably leave me in the dust I see what you mean though... This is probably why people say he isn't particularly fast. He doesn't really do his movements all that fast (fast enough tho), but gives good fakes and moves extremely smooth through everything. The way he dips/turns his shoulder on those crossovers is great too... I want to really emulate that.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #38
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah, me too. Trying to become a player like Tyreke would definitely help my game.

I videotaped myself working out today and it was crap. I noticed how I keep the ball in front of my head, swing my elbow outside and have a terrible follow through (not straight, swings the ball into another direction). So I am going to start all over again and train my form. It doesn't have to be perfect but I don't want my shooting hand on the other side of my head after I shot the ball. I also noticed that when I dribble it looks like I look at the ball even though I can see the whole floor. Amazing how these two once were the best parts of my game until I started to grow. Now all I can do successfully is rebound, run the floor, play occasional defense and play in the post. I need to play a lot of ball again.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #39
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

I am working a lot on my form right now. My follow through is now almost straight. It is important that I get it right before practicing the pull-up jumper, fadeaway, those kinds of shots.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #40
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

New one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfXOtcBS7A

Wasn't feeling particularly well, had some muscle aches in my shins and I've pulled my groin a little... But it was a nice day and I just felt like I needed to shoot some hoops. You guys know the feeling. I realized I need a new ball for outside play though, this one is becoming superslippery, the fact that I trained with the womens squad on Thursday and had to readjust from a WBNA ball didn't help much either. But I had a nice work-out, worked up a little sweat. My range is becoming quite a bit better and so is my lift/speed on release in my opinion. Really need to work on my handles more, they've been abandoning me lately for no apparent reason.

Edit: After watching myself back I can see a problem with my jumper, I don't always finish it properly. Either not following through at all or not following through completely. Need to work more on having a consistent form... I've never had a proper shooting coach before this year so I've been improving lots but there's still much to work on. Just 22 so lots of room to improve.

Last edited by Sticks : 05-29-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:59 AM   #41
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation

old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5puX8jzzlM
good thread btw hope to see more i will try and get some pick up game footage soon
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #42
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Try being a red-head... anytime I make a 3 somebody yells "SCALABRINE!!!" or "The dude who plays on the spurs!!!"

I don't play like either of those Scal or Bonner, but by God if I hit a 3 it's coming from somewhere lol.
Ha, yeah ill-fitting nicknames. . .people call the tall redhead around here Link (of Zelda fame) and I'm not even entirely sure if Link is actually really red headed or not.

There used to be a guy down at the courts that would call me Diesel...I'm 165 pounds.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #43
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
New one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfXOtcBS7A

Wasn't feeling particularly well, had some muscle aches in my shins and I've pulled my groin a little... But it was a nice day and I just felt like I needed to shoot some hoops. You guys know the feeling. I realized I need a new ball for outside play though, this one is becoming superslippery, the fact that I trained with the womens squad on Thursday and had to readjust from a WBNA ball didn't help much either. But I had a nice work-out, worked up a little sweat. My range is becoming quite a bit better and so is my lift/speed on release in my opinion. Really need to work on my handles more, they've been abandoning me lately for no apparent reason.

Edit: After watching myself back I can see a problem with my jumper, I don't always finish it properly. Either not following through at all or not following through completely. Need to work more on having a consistent form... I've never had a proper shooting coach before this year so I've been improving lots but there's still much to work on. Just 22 so lots of room to improve.

don't be the guy that makes excuses, just lace them up and ball as hard as you can. Your shot has gotten a lot better since your first video.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:24 AM   #44
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
don't be the guy that makes excuses, just lace them up and ball as hard as you can. Your shot has gotten a lot better since your first video.

It'd be making excuses if I wasn't out there balling. I was more disappointed with how my body was feeling that day...

Ooh and thanks, I can feel the improvement myself as well. Still have to put more work into it though.

Last edited by Sticks : 05-31-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:08 AM   #45
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

Button has an OK reputation so far

nice shooting technigue, btw how tall are you sticks ?
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: