Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
zizozain
hi AJ2k8
 
zizozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,129
zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

LeBron James wasn’t nearly as heated as his coach following Monday’s home loss to the Celtics in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

At least he didn’t look or sound as if he was.

“For me, there is no panic,’’ James said. “I may handle it differently than the way Mike handles it, but this is a long series and I understand that.’’

Mike Brown, though, was visibly upset in calling out his Cavaliers for lacking toughness as the Celtics tied the series, 1-1, to seize home-court advantage.

“Real simple,’’ Brown said. “For 48 minutes, we did not play with a sense of urgency. They kicked our behind from the beginning.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._tough_it_out/

------------------

Cavs need to rise up with James wounded

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...346/story.html

----------------

O'Neal needs to shoulder some of blame for Cavs

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/05...r-some-of.html

-------------------

LeBron is leaving

James made a comment:

“No matter what might be ahead of me, throughout my whole life, I will never be gone from this. Akron is my home. It will always be remembered."

It will always be remembered
It will always be remembered
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
PurpleChuck
Banned
 
PurpleChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,793
PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizozain
LeBron James wasn’t nearly as heated as his coach following Monday’s home loss to the Celtics in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

At least he didn’t look or sound as if he was.

“For me, there is no panic,’’ James said. “I may handle it differently than the way Mike handles it, but this is a long series and I understand that.’’

Mike Brown, though, was visibly upset in calling out his Cavaliers for lacking toughness as the Celtics tied the series, 1-1, to seize home-court advantage.

“Real simple,’’ Brown said. “For 48 minutes, we did not play with a sense of urgency. They kicked our behind from the beginning.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._tough_it_out/

------------------

Cavs need to rise up with James wounded

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...346/story.html

----------------

O'Neal needs to shoulder some of blame for Cavs

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/05...r-some-of.html

-------------------

LeBron is leaving

James made a comment:

“No matter what might be ahead of me, throughout my whole life, I will never be gone from this. Akron is my home. It will always be remembered."

It will always be remembered
It will always be remembered

It will always be remembered....So Akron's gonna what, die?

Oh wait....



I see what you did there Bron :)

Last edited by PurpleChuck : 05-06-2010 at 10:14 AM.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.
 
StroShow4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NBA247365.COM
Posts: 26,190
StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

I guess not panicking is a good thing, but he and his team better atleast show some type of will to win in game three. They have looked terrible in 6 out of 8 quarters in this series.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,695
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

He needs to choose his words better and behave better. That team feeds off him too much. He comes out, holds his arm, and that entire arena and his team looks like they are going to cry. Fair/Not Fair to put that kind of pressure on him - i'm not sure. But that's the reality of that situation. If Lebron is not agressive, the team is no.

When Coach Brown yells, and Lebron laughs it off, and says there is no problem, is that really a positive?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,353
JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said



JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,622
Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

The problem is that he's paid too much attention. Everything he says and does is over-analyzed. If he's just taped walking around shopping and says, "I like Times Square" it will generate 5 articles on ESPN. A comment that his brain spends a millisecond developing in a conversation gets picked to death for hours by fans on message boards as well as sports media types for some kind of hint that he's staying or leaving. He himself either messes with people's heads intentionally or gives a noncommittal answer when asked the same tired questions about his future. He's probably bored with the whole process, which is why he acts this way.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman
 
InfiniteBaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,933
InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The problem is that he's paid too much attention. Everything he says and does is over-analyzed. If he's just taped walking around shopping and says, "I like Times Square" it will generate 5 articles on ESPN. A comment that his brain spends a millisecond developing in a conversation gets picked to death for hours by fans on message boards as well as sports media types for some kind of hint that he's staying or leaving. He himself either messes with people's heads intentionally or gives a noncommittal answer when asked the same tired questions about his future. He's probably bored with the whole process, which is why he acts this way.

I agree. But for the most part, it's only the hardcore fans that actually care about those over analyzed actions by LeBron. If he says "I like Times Square", any smart, logical basketball fan would know better than to assume he's going to be a knick and any casual sports fan wouldn't bother to read into that much.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,301
mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Yeah, I hate the 24/7 sports news cycle. Too much down time to talk about stuff that doesn't matter. Plus, having 3 nights off between games allows too much time for fluff.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,044
ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Lebron will come out and smoke the Celtics for 47/11/9 on Friday. Book it.

Cleveland win by 17.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
zizozain
hi AJ2k8
 
zizozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,129
zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The problem is that he's paid too much attention. Everything he says and does is over-analyzed. If he's just taped walking around shopping and says, "I like Times Square" it will generate 5 articles on ESPN. A comment that his brain spends a millisecond developing in a conversation gets picked to death for hours by fans on message boards as well as sports media types for some kind of hint that he's staying or leaving. He himself either messes with people's heads intentionally or gives a noncommittal answer when asked the same tired questions about his future. He's probably bored with the whole process, which is why he acts this way.
well "LeBronsElbow" on Twitter made nearly 6000 followers in few days lol

• LeBron once brought a deer back to life simply by leaning down and whispering "Daddy's home''

• Another secret to LeBron's greatness? He gets a tiny hug from Papa Smurf before he goes out on to the court

• "MRI at the clinic. Great. Terrific. Just keep the radiation coming. When my first child is born it's going to have 7 nipples and a mustache."

• "LeBron and Delonte West just did a handshake that lasted 4 mins, ended with both of them weeping and taking a shot of applesauce."

• "FYI: On the first Thursday of every month LeBron pays Morgan Freeman to follow him around and narrate his day..."

• "Can't sleep ... keep thinking about LeBron putting me in that sleeve again. It's starting to smell like taco meat and asparagus pee in there."

• You can thank me for Shaq's play in the 3rd & 4th qrt. At halftime I told him WWKD (What Would Kazaam Do).

• Just walked by the Celtics locker room and just saw Glen Davis wearing a Team Edward shirt

• LeBron is talking in his sleep with a English accent. So weird. I think he jus said "Hello Queen, I'm the King. Let's touch tongues." gross.

http://twitter.com/lebronselbow

Of course, neither LeBron nor the Cavs have anything do with the account. But it got us wondering: What other athletes have body parts out there in the Twitterverse? We didn't find the following, but it'd be funny if we did
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller
 
the_chosen_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 388
the_chosen_1 has decent reputation
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizozain
well "LeBronsElbow" on Twitter made nearly 6000 followers in few days lol

• LeBron once brought a deer back to life simply by leaning down and whispering "Daddy's home''

• Another secret to LeBron's greatness? He gets a tiny hug from Papa Smurf before he goes out on to the court


• "MRI at the clinic. Great. Terrific. Just keep the radiation coming. When my first child is born it's going to have 7 nipples and a mustache."

• "LeBron and Delonte West just did a handshake that lasted 4 mins, ended with both of them weeping and taking a shot of applesauce."

• "FYI: On the first Thursday of every month LeBron pays Morgan Freeman to follow him around and narrate his day..."

• "Can't sleep ... keep thinking about LeBron putting me in that sleeve again. It's starting to smell like taco meat and asparagus pee in there."

• You can thank me for Shaq's play in the 3rd & 4th qrt. At halftime I told him WWKD (What Would Kazaam Do).

• Just walked by the Celtics locker room and just saw Glen Davis wearing a Team Edward shirt

• LeBron is talking in his sleep with a English accent. So weird. I think he jus said "Hello Queen, I'm the King. Let's touch tongues." gross.

http://twitter.com/lebronselbow

Of course, neither LeBron nor the Cavs have anything do with the account. But it got us wondering: What other athletes have body parts out there in the Twitterverse? We didn't find the following, but it'd be funny if we did

the_chosen_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #12
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kurosawa0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,689
Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

The Cavs shouldn't panic. They need to be concerned and try harder, but they should only panic if they lose game three. I do find it funny that Mike Brown is yelling about everything, but I don't see him angry about his ridiculous attempts to force-feed Shaq. The Cavs lost game two when after the Celtics went up 11, Brown called a timeout, but left Shaq on the floor. This Celtic team has had a hard time with JJ Hickson all year. The Cavs must use him and Andy V more.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
15yearmagicfan
I hit open 5-footers
 
15yearmagicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 253
15yearmagicfan has decent reputation
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

If the lebron leaves, what do you think will happen to the city of Cleavland? I think that is the real question... will they cease to remain a city and be disbanded from the state of Ohio? Will all the residents move to what ever city lebron ends up?
15yearmagicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
elinss86
Decent playground baller
 
elinss86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 333
elinss86 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

no panic cause he has accepted the enevitable...either the celts willl beat them, or the magic will hand them their asses yetagain. the elbows looking more and more convienent
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,494
The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: “For me, there is no panic,’’ James said

LBJ even tries to talk in a light relax calm tone like Kobe started to do last year. C'mon son LBJ is the prototypical swaggerjacker
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy