Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
yellownpurple
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yellownpurple has not been impressing people
Default Shoulder Injuries

Does anyone here play with a reoccurring shoulder problem? Like a shoulder that dislocates really, really easily? If any of you guys do, or had this problem before, I was wondering how you dealt with it.

Sometimes when I stick my arm out to try to deflect a ball or even reach for a steal, it would pop out and back in right a way. I've probably dislocated my shoulder about 15x in my life.

Would buying a shoulder sleeve even help at all to minimize the range of motion my shoulder has?
yellownpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Shoulder Injuries

Yea it would seem like you would need something to limit the range of motion so that can't happen... but I don't really know how to solve the actual problem tho.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

You should probably check in with a doctor for that. Might have to go to rehab for it, too.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, a subluxing shoulder (if that is what is really going on) is not a good thing. And the braces commonly used to limit ER and extension really are not made for basketball. In other words you would not enjoy your time on the court with one on.

Take the suggestions and see a physician
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownpurple
Does anyone here play with a reoccurring shoulder problem? Like a shoulder that dislocates really, really easily? If any of you guys do, or had this problem before, I was wondering how you dealt with it.

Sometimes when I stick my arm out to try to deflect a ball or even reach for a steal, it would pop out and back in right a way. I've probably dislocated my shoulder about 15x in my life.

Would buying a shoulder sleeve even help at all to minimize the range of motion my shoulder has?

Damn man 15 times??... I dislocated my right shoulder last September, it hurt like hell at first. I was given the option to do surgery on it but I decied to take my chances (doc said it was 60-80 % chance itll happen again). Till this day I haven't dislocated it again, but i'm not doing the same things I use to. I rarely drive in because of the fear of it happening again and my shoulder definitely does NOT feel the same. I just had some physio for my shoulder and i'm still lifting light weights to try to help the issue out. Apparently I dislocated it pretty bad (full dislocation and really ****ed up the tissues around).

Anyways, there were two options for me, surgery or rehab. So if you really considering on having surgery you gotta talk to a doc and figure it out.

I was wondering if a shoulder sleeve would help too... If anyone knows if there actually useful or if where I can get one that'll help me aswell.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

dude it sounds like you might have been better off with the surgery.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
dude it sounds like you might have been better off with the surgery.

Yeah i know, but it it ever happens again i'm definitely getting surgery.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
yellownpurple
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yellownpurple has not been impressing people

sorry guys, i probably chose the wrong word.. I don't think I dislocate my shoulder but rather having a subluxation shoulder. anyone else deal with this?

yea i went through a rehab center to help strengthen my shoulder with the exercises they gave me... but I guess I didn't train hard enough.
yellownpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownpurple
sorry guys, i probably chose the wrong word.. I don't think I dislocate my shoulder but rather having a subluxation shoulder. anyone else deal with this?

yea i went through a rehab center to help strengthen my shoulder with the exercises they gave me... but I guess I didn't train hard enough.

Subluxation or dislocation, really doesnt matter, both mean an instable shoulder and both can cause damage to the labrum. Rehab is a good start, but if you did everything you were told to do and it still didn't work, doesn't mean you didn't work hard enough necessarily. Exhaust all non-invasive possibilities first. From there, surgery may be the best course in the end. Have you had an MRI?
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: