Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Re: players nugs should target

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Did you really mean that you would consider lawson a core guy and nene an other on a team? The core of carmelo/nene/jr is way better than a core of carmelo/cousins/lawson ----
I think smith w 1 more year on his rookie contract is worth a future 1st

I'm almost positive I've read articles that Nene doesn't want to play into old age and retire early and with health concerns maybe It's just me but I've kinda gave up on him. He's always going to be a 14-15\8 big man guy that can make some athletic plays. He'd probably be even more content being a 10\9 guy. He has the talent and tools but he lacks the mentality.

J.R? . Probably has the worst basketball IQ in the league.

I'd trade Nene for Cousins straight up . Lawson\Cousins\Melo is a better core than Nene\Melo\J.R IMO. I'm pretty high on Cousins tho. Even than I'd take a core of Melo\Lawson\Nene and leave out J.R. J.R is a spark plug of the bench and that's all he's ever going to be.

Last edited by NuggetsFan : 06-14-2010 at 05:04 PM.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
this except... one thing is Nene is somewhat proven unlike Cousins who could potentially be a bust

I understand this. The way I see it is Cousins looks pretty good and is what like 19\20? So all tho he could be a bust if he turns out not only does it replace Nene but if Carmelo takes off next year than it would give us a big man to build around. He has LEGIT size and post skills from what I've seen. Looks to be a good rebounder. Defense\Attitude is suspect but from what I've seen in interviews he's just got that superstar mentality and what's to be the guy.

I'd roll the dice because simply our championship window is rapidly closing. Nene is solid but like I said in my other post he really lacks the mentality to become more than what he is witch is 10-15 point scorer and grab a few boards.

We'll never land Cousins tho so here's hoping we atleast get a true center so we can move Nene back down to PF and bring K-Mart off the bench with Bird and have a solid frontline rotation.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #18
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

Now that the Sixers have acquired Spencer Hawes and Hawes is a better version of Jason Smith, maybe the Nuggets could get Jason Smith for almost nothing
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'm almost positive I've read articles that Nene doesn't want to play into old age and retire early and with health concerns maybe It's just me but I've kinda gave up on him. He's always going to be a 14-15\8 big man guy that can make some athletic plays. He'd probably be even more content being a 10\9 guy. He has the talent and tools but he lacks the mentality.

J.R? . Probably has the worst basketball IQ in the league.

I'd trade Nene for Cousins straight up . Lawson\Cousins\Melo is a better core than Nene\Melo\J.R IMO. I'm pretty high on Cousins tho. Even than I'd take a core of Melo\Lawson\Nene and leave out J.R. J.R is a spark plug of the bench and that's all he's ever going to be.
---
Its not me hating on lawson- you should be realistic- jr smith could be and should be an nba starter, and is a legit nba scorer, its lawson that is an energy bench player at most- I don't get how you guys can't see how other teams defend the nugs players and why they do it
---
Are you under the impression that lawson is a better 3 point shooter than jr because of his percentage while shooting uncontested shots compared to teams covering jr and not wanting him to shoot?- in basketball there is always a reason why 1 guy would be uncovered so often and another would be covered so hard
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

it doesn't matter how they score their 3s... I rather have someone that ppl won't cover, but will make his 3s than someone who jacks up a 3 whenever he feels like it
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 AM   #21
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Who are some of the players you think would fit the nuggets best if aquired?

Bargnani
Spencer hawes:traded
okur
Rasheed wallace:traded
Jason smith
-----
Kaman
Beidrins
Dalembert:traded
----
Jrue holiday
Steve blake-fa
Randy foye-rfa
----
Yi:traded
Villenueva
Illysova
Austin daye
Radmonovic

-----
So maybe it is down to beidrins + radmonovic for kmart- try to add randolph for picks or gadzurich for money
-----
Ben gordon + villenueva + day for kmart + lawson + balkman + picks
--------
Brand + hawes + smith + louwill for kmart + birdman
-----
We all know nugs prob won't make any move above min wage players but fun to think about
Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #22
el gringos
Good college starter

Any chance at all in getting a max fa in a trade- amare? Maybe kmart + picks is the best trade they get
Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Since Minny is looking to move big Al for Darko . I wouldn't mind if they took on KMart's expiring contract and give us Big Al + filler. Also, Mike Miller is another player I want the Nuggets to target as well.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #24
jello212
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
---
Are you under the impression that lawson is a better 3 point shooter than jr because of his percentage while shooting uncontested shots compared to teams covering jr and not wanting him to shoot?- in basketball there is always a reason why 1 guy would be uncovered so often and another would be covered so hard

It's because they're afraid of his speed. If you play Lawson for the shot, he's by you in a flash. The fact that teams don't play up on Lawson has nothing to do with them thinking that he can't shoot.
jello212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #25
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello212
It's because they're afraid of his speed. If you play Lawson for the shot, he's by you in a flash. The fact that teams don't play up on Lawson has nothing to do with them thinking that he can't shoot.
Lawson does have world class bball talent with speed- I don't argue that, and his speed is a factor
--------
But you have to try to look at the fact that having guys like kenyon and afflalo as well as lawson, birdman playing the weak side offense the other teams completly leave that side of the court- karl uses carmelo and nene and the way teams defend them to get wide open shots for afflalo, lawson, KMART, and the ac's of the world
-------
Those easy weakside scoring opportunities should be given to JR and the team needs something different then kenyon martin sending wide open missle bricks from 18 feet out, the other big guy that plays with carmelo and nene has to be able to shoot and/or they have to put jr out with carmelo, nene, and billups
--------
They are all supposed to defend, nugs have to get a more balanced offensive linup all the time but for sure that 12-16 minutes at the beginning of halves- inserting a shooter at pf or c and jr into the starting lineup would make the nuggets the best offensive team in the league- and then afflalo and birdman and those guys can always bring more defense and let the roleplayers play roles they belong in
----------
I really believe that karls dislike of carmelo and jr have kept him from putting those guys in spots to succeed, and its hurt the franchise- time to put egos aside if you are karl-
---------
In basketball you play your best guys as much as possible and you build around them- you don't use them to try to make other people better, that's too hard-
--
How can you expect jr to know how to play with and fit billups, carmelo, and nene at the end of games and seasons- you have to put him in billups pocket from the beginning of camp- anyone who has played basketballl knows that the starters that go through all the walkthroughs and practices get really used to each other- it would make a difference
-------
I don't think anybody should be able to say they've given jr the chance that is best for him to succeed- they always sold it as well its best for the team to have him as the scorer/creator off the bench and having to do it all- and then you complain about mistakes and efficiancy
-------
Put JR as a starter from the get go and the nuggets become unbelievably hard to cover and then they learn to play together so they know how to at the ends of games and seasons
Old 07-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #26
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
---
Its not me hating on lawson- you should be realistic- jr smith could be and should be an nba starter, and is a legit nba scorer, its lawson that is an energy bench player at most- I don't get how you guys can't see how other teams defend the nugs players and why they do it
---

Lawson is much better than JR Smith. He plays under control, goes all out on defense, is tough as nails and makes everyone on the court better. JR Smith is probably more TALENTED though
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
blackhatchina
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default players nugs should target

In addition to players I selected from your list such as Gh.Rezaei, Gordan, M.Hosseini, H.Kaebi.

Ali Karimi, Khalatbari.

Zandi whose not on your list, hes great in freekicks and penalty kicks.

Mahdavikia please come back.

Rajabzadeh he did well in ACL scoring goals for Mes & Zobahan.

Should Enayati come back only to take penalty kicks?
I'm impressed,
Well put

design!
黑帽SEO
blackhatchina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: