Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Mark Jackson "hopes Nets will call"

Quote:
Jackson Declines 76er Interview, Hopes Nets Will Call
by Net Income on May 6, 2010 7:04 AM EDT in 2010 Coaching Search 41 comments

Mark Jackson wants to move from the TV booth to the coaching sidelines, but only if the job is the right one. So he turned down an opportunity to talk with the 76ers' GM, Ed Stefanski, in hopes that Rod Thorn will call. According to the Philadelphia Daily News, YES' former analyst is expected to interview for the Hornets job, and is hopeful of being contacted by the Clippers and, possibly, the Nets. The New Jersey job is viewed as one of the best opportunities this summer. Meanwhile, Mike Fratello was interviewed Wednesday by the Hornets. Jackson has no coaching experience while Fratello has 666 wins. Thorn is awaiting the Nets ownership transfer before getting serious. That should happen next week
I've always liked the idea of him becoming a coach... especially since he was a former PG that can help PG's on our team think to pass more.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mark Jackson "hopes Nets will call"

i don't think he would be a good coach but anything to get him off tv. If he was coach he would say something like "Brook Lopez is the best big man in the game."
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jonah Jackson.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fratello's stuck on 666 career wins? Bet he'd kill to get a gig.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I feel like Mark's not the guy to coach young guys. He seems rather lenient and try to be like a Doc Rivers' type of coach. He'd be better suited on an older team with professionals who've been playing in the league for awhile.

We need a disciplinarian, a guy to dig deep into our players, and just raise hell when it's necessary.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I feel like Mark's not the guy to coach young guys. He seems rather lenient and try to be like a Doc Rivers' type of coach. He'd be better suited on an older team with professionals who've been playing in the league for awhile.

We need a disciplinarian, a guy to dig deep into our players, and just raise hell when it's necessary.
sounds like mark to me...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
sounds like mark to me...
how would anybody know for sure?

because he's never coached at any level, correct?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

All I know is when I watch him commentate during clutch time he always says stuff like, "I say you give it to your best guy at the top of the key and trust him to make a good play or get a good shot." Yeah that works when your best guy is Kobe, Wade, LeBron, or whatever..but a young team? Especially a team that has a losing attitude? No, I want a drawn up play. I want a teacher as a coach, not a guy who's going to just ride out his best player.

Just listen to his commentating during games, all he does is talk about how much we should trust and have faith in his players. That's all fine and well if we were the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Cavs, or Celtics...but the young Nets? No, we'll need a guy who's ready to just give out orders to these young guys. We need a coach that will form a boss to employee relationship opposed to a father to son relationship. Our team needs a lot of work. Every single player has some really bad habits they've formed over this horrible year and the coach willing to bring this team back to the standard we've been accustomed to since 2002 will have to be meticulous in cleaning up this team. When I say meticulous, I mean the whole definition of the word.

I just don't think Mark Jackson is that guy. After several years listening to him commentate and commentate for the Nets, nothing he really says strikes to me as a capable leader for a young team, especially a young team that right now has a history of losing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

agree with most of that.

and a first-time coach like jackson is going to take at least a couple years to learn all the ins-and-outs of coaching... all the thousand-and-one details that we only see a fraction of as fans. a big part of which is how to effectively manage the enormous egos of NBA players. because i don't care how psychologically gifted you are- it will take time to figure out what works and what doesn't, and how to get the best out of yourself with regards to today's NBA players. because even experienced coaches have to keep adjusting to the changing mindsets of new generations of players.

anyway, we already have a lot of rookie-type players, so i'd rather not add a rookie HC to the mix. let mark jackson learn the ropes somewhere else, then i'll consider him...
Old 05-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

That is true... I am judging by how upset he gets in his broadcasts
Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well so long as the new coach is better than our current one...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: