Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Aaron Brooks: Trade or keep?

Even though Brooks just won the MIP, and has been one of the Rockets pillars this season, there are a lot of people calling for Brooks to be traded while his stock is high. I'm still very undecided, because Brooks has brilliant work ethic, he's a gym rat, and loves challenges. However, next season will feature a reduced role, and none of us have any idea how he's going to react. Plus, with a lot of big name FAs, the Rockets have enough assets to facilitate a big name sign-and-trade, and Brooks is an attractive option.

So, Rockets fans of ISH, what do you think?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Aaron Brooks: Trade or keep?

It would have to be one hell of an offer for us to trade Aaron Brooks. I mean its would have to be one hell of a player. He might have a reduced role because of Yao's return but with Yao dominating the paint and especially with Adelmans offense, it will open up the outside and that only means good things for the leader of 3 pointers made this season. So i wouldn't call it a reduced role. We have a big three in Yao-Martin-Brooks that can put up points and not only that be reliable in the clutch. Surrounded with a solid cast, I like how were looking next season.

Probable main rotation

Brooks/Lowry
Martin/Budinger/
Ariza/Battier/Jeffries
Scola/Hill/
Yao

again, it would have to be one hell of an offer. I hated the fact that we had to part ways with Landry. He really developed into a solid player and was beasting this season. but we traded him to one of the top shooting guards in the league in kevin martin. a guard that can put 50 in a game and average 20+ a night.

the only scenario where i see we part with brooks is if we are getting a superstar in return and i dont see that happening. we will not part with brooks for solid pieces.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Even though Brooks just won the MIP, and has been one of the Rockets pillars this season, there are a lot of people calling for Brooks to be traded while his stock is high. I'm still very undecided, because Brooks has brilliant work ethic, he's a gym rat, and loves challenges. However, next season will feature a reduced role, and none of us have any idea how he's going to react. Plus, with a lot of big name FAs, the Rockets have enough assets to facilitate a big name sign-and-trade, and Brooks is an attractive option.

So, Rockets fans of ISH, what do you think?

I dont think his stock is too high that someone will dump a great player for him.... so that being said.... keep the man

there is not very many players that would fit better than him with this years squad plus Yao..... im pretty excited to see what happens this offseason for next year....

this upcoming year could mimic the feelings i had when the rockets scooped up artest... which i thought on paper the rockets were # 1 in the league...
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Keep Aaron Brooks man, he is a good pg who is still developing and Houston will need him if they want to be succesful.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Keep him........if the Rockets are healthy next year they'll be tough. Although he sucks as a starter, getting Jermaine O'neal as a back up center may not be a bad idea
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Keep him........if the Rockets are healthy next year they'll be tough. Although he sucks as a starter, getting Jermaine O'neal as a back up center may not be a bad idea

man how far J.O. has fallen smh... but yeah he should make for a serviceable backup. i can't get over the fact though that he failed to hit like 3ft jumpers, wide open consistently in the playoffs. aim for the backboard or float it, layup, something!!...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

I read that Brad Miller might be interest to sign with the Rockets. So he could be an exellent backup for Yao

But if he stays with the Bulls or goes somewhere else, why not try to acquire a young poor man's Brad Miller: Spencer Hawes. I don't think the Kings want to keep him and maybe Adelman can bring something good out of him
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
I read that Brad Miller might be interest to sign with the Rockets. So he could be an exellent backup for Yao

But if he stays with the Bulls or goes somewhere else, why not try to acquire a young poor man's Brad Miller: Spencer Hawes. I don't think the Kings want to keep him and maybe Adelman can bring something good out of him

either miller or haws would be great pick ups. Brad Miller is familiar with Adelman's offense playing all those years in Sactown. He's got a solid jumper and he's a great passer and a solid defender. Hawes another solid 7 footer and yes a younger brad miller. but i would think sactown would be reluctant to part ways with him, still has a lot of potential.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #9
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brad Miller alongside Yao Ming would be perfect, plus he knows how to fit in Adelman's system.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:53 AM   #10
realbo89
Can barely lace up my sneakers

realbo89 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
Brad Miller alongside Yao Ming would be perfect, plus he knows how to fit in Adelman's system.
thx on behalf of yao
realbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: