Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #16
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I think the two most athletic players in the NFL right now are Peterson and Moss...

so yeah, WR and RB for athleticism...
I think CB requires more athletic ability than RB. The elite RBs have super athleticism, but I don't think it's necessarily a need. I mean really, Davis and Smith were not that athletic. Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis, they were just skilled as **** players.

There's a reason why 100% of CBs are all black.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

At high school level or right below it, the best athlete generally plays RB. On defense, he might play a DB or LB, and at a level below high school you might see him at DE.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #18
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
At high school level or right below it, the best athlete generally plays RB. On defense, he might play a DB or LB, and at a level below high school you might see him at DE.
My high school, the best athelte plays WR and then the second best is QB. Two years ago it was RB though. So RBs come in all shapes and sizes? Do they need a 6-pack or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,479
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
I think CB requires more athletic ability than RB. The elite RBs have super athleticism, but I don't think it's necessarily a need. I mean really, Davis and Smith were not that athletic. Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis, they were just skilled as **** players.

There's a reason why 100% of CBs are all black.
in the NFL I agree with that...not high school though

pretty much 100% of RBs are black too btw...maybe a couple exceptions...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #20
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
in the NFL I agree with that...not high school though

pretty much 100% of RBs are black too btw...maybe a couple exceptions...
Well, I'm trying to find a position for myself to play. RB is a consideration, but I'm not super athletic, I'm slow, but quick, like I have the burst, but I get raped in foot races. No 6 pack either? is that a requirement you think? just for high school football?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #21
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Why would a 6-pack be a requirement? It's not like a coach is going to ask everyone to lift up their shirts before he decides on who plays RB. Some teams will use a big power back. It depends on things like what offensive system they run and what kind of talent they have. You don't have to be the best athlete to play RB. You can be a better RB without being a better athlete, though they'll probably give the edge to the faster kid. There's a number of factors they take into consideration. Go out for whatever position you think is most comfortable. If you want to play RB the most then go out for that or if you want to play WR the most, then go for that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,479
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
Well, I'm trying to find a position for myself to play. RB is a consideration, but I'm not super athletic, I'm slow, but quick, like I have the burst, but I get raped in foot races. No 6 pack either? is that a requirement you think? just for high school football?
no stop worring about a six pack unless you are just plain fat...

coaches won't give a shit about a 6 pack...all they care about is your preformance...they might judge by size at first, but if yo utell them you want to play RB and they give you a chance to see what you can do then they will help you get better if that is a good fit for you...

when you go in for try outs, they aren't gonna care about a 6 pack...they want to see what you can do on the feild...definatly NOT a requirment...

if you are big and fast they will like you...

most likely if you would be a good LB, you would also do fine at RB...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #23
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
no stop worring about a six pack unless you are just plain fat...

coaches won't give a shit about a 6 pack...all they care about is your preformance...they might judge by size at first, but if yo utell them you want to play RB and they give you a chance to see what you can do then they will help you get better if that is a good fit for you...

when you go in for try outs, they aren't gonna care about a 6 pack...they want to see what you can do on the feild...definatly NOT a requirment...

if you are big and fast they will like you...

most likely if you would be a good LB, you would also do fine at RB...
I'm kinda fat like i have a belly. Around 5'11 and 200 lbs though. I have a quick burst, but I get raped in foot races. So would there be a chance I would be a power back then?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

From what I've seen, coaches tend to like speed, but don't let that stop you from trying.

Have you played before?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #25
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY
 
GOAT24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 210
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
I'm kinda fat like i have a belly. Around 5'11 and 200 lbs though. I have a quick burst, but I get raped in foot races. So would there be a chance I would be a power back then?


5'11 250
Jerome Bettis

GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #26
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
From what I've seen, coaches tend to like speed, but don't let that stop you from trying.

Have you played before?
pick-up games, not really in organized though, so that might be a problem. like i said, I'm quick, but I got like no stamina and top/deep speed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #27
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY
 
GOAT24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 210
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
pick-up games, not really in organized though, so that might be a problem. like i said, I'm quick, but I got like no stamina and top/deep speed.

How strong are you ?
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #28
Just2Clutch
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT24
How strong are you ?
Not super strong, but I would just say strong. Max bench is 185, maybe that isn't strong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #29
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY
 
GOAT24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 210
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
Not super strong, but I would just say strong. Max bench is 185, maybe that isn't strong.

ehh well I mean your not gonna be a power back benching 185
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
pick-up games, not really in organized though, so that might be a problem. like i said, I'm quick, but I got like no stamina and top/deep speed.

You're going to be way behind the 8 ball. Are you talking Freshman, Soph or what?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy