Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #31
Just2Clutch

Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You're going to be way behind the 8 ball. Are you talking Freshman, Soph or what?
Senior....sadly. It was a position, I was told to consider. Some have told me to go for the Line.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

I'm just going to be blunt...

If you have a gut, lack top speed and MORE IMPORTANTLY stamina...AND you are senior...I can't imagine you making the team as a RB unless you go to a very small school that is in need or something...

the RB at my high school was pretty much the athletic freak of the school...and he had good speed and stamina...and he was cut...although being cut isn't a requirement, it still just kinda comes with the territory...

maybe you should ask about Full Back...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #33
Just2Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I'm just going to be blunt...

If you have a gut, lack top speed and MORE IMPORTANTLY stamina...AND you are senior...I can't imagine you making the team as a RB unless you go to a very small school that is in need or something...

the RB at my high school was pretty much the athletic freak of the school...and he had good speed and stamina...and he was cut...although being cut isn't a requirement, it still just kinda comes with the territory...

maybe you should ask about Full Back...
so the quickness doesn't matter? I don't know, originally I wanted LB but like you guys said, the experience, and it's not there. One thing that I don't mind doing is taking hits, if anything I prefer taking hits rather than hitting others. Yeah I got a gut, and I don't have great top speed. But are those two the most important? What are the most important features for a back for you? I wouldn't mind FB though, but just curious about the RB.

Plus, there are no cuts on our team, were there for you?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
so the quickness doesn't matter? I don't know, originally I wanted LB but like you guys said, the experience, and it's not there. One thing that I don't mind doing is taking hits, if anything I prefer taking hits rather than hitting others. Yeah I got a gut, and I don't have great top speed. But are those two the most important? What are the most important features for a back for you? I wouldn't mind FB though, but just curious about the RB.

Plus, there are no cuts on our team, were there for you?
for a RB top speed is up there are my want list...for sure

you won't be able to break a big one, the DBs will always catch you...

and without stamina you are going to get gassed easy anyway...in high school the RB is used constantly...

I played a little RB in Jr. High, and I won the chance to do so because the coaches tested my speed against the RB they already had...I was faster and they wanted a speed back...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #35
Just2Clutch

Quote:
for a RB top speed is up there are my want list...for sure

you won't be able to break a big one, the DBs will always catch you...

and without stamina you are going to get gassed easy anyway...in high school the RB is used constantly...

I played a little RB in Jr. High, and I won the chance to do so because the coaches tested my speed against the RB they already had...I was faster and they wanted a speed back...
I thought quickness and elusiveness was more important than top speed. and also, did your high school have cuts for your football team? We don't. I know I won't be a Chris Johnson type back, but I just want some playing time on varsity, though I'm sure I'll be on JV anyways.

I always thought top/deep speed was needed and required for WRs and DBs, and only a luxury for RBs.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #36
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JV? Isn't that just for Freshmen and Sophs?

Coaches love speed. The fastest guys were pretty much all RBs. Your school might use more of a passing offense, though. If you want playing time, then try to find a position with less competition which is usually something like TE.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I thought quickness and elusiveness was more important than top speed. and also, did your high school have cuts for your football team? We don't. I know I won't be a Chris Johnson type back, but I just want some playing time on varsity, though I'm sure I'll be on JV anyways.

I always thought top/deep speed was needed and required for WRs and DBs, and only a luxury for RBs.
if you are just flat out SLOW then I wold imagine you are going to have a tuff time...

bettis and emmitt and barber and 100 other RBs weren't the fastest guys in the world, but they weren't slow either, and they have a ton of stamina...

do you even know what it is like to get drilled flat into the dirt to the point that your all of your insides hurt and then have to get right back up and run a play again? Football isn't easy...that shit takes quite a while to get adjusted to...it usually isn't something someone can just jump into their senior year...

not trying to say give up, but I am not sure you know what you are gettin into...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #38
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wanted to start a thread a while back similar to this. I wanted to know why all RB's are garbage after hitting 30 when guys like TO are elite wide recievers well into his mid 30's.

I just find it weird. Sure, there are some guys who are serviceable running backs into their 30's, but for the most part, a serious drop from elite. Do running backs really take that much more physical abuse than any other position in all of competitive sports? How can almost every other position of football last sometimes into their early 40's? F*cking Junior Seau could probably play 'til he's 50, but a running back at 30 is done? Why?

Loss of explosive ability? Can't his the holes hard enough, can't cut, change speeds hard enough? Is it just wear and tear? The physical abuse a RB takes? What is it?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #39
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wear and tear. Little things start adding up. You lose a step. It's hard to avoid contact being a RB. You're getting smashed by like 3 or 4 people every play.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #40
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
pick-up games, not really in organized though, so that might be a problem. like i said, I'm quick, but I got like no stamina and top/deep speed.

Have you thought about playing the tight end position? Don't need crazy speed on it and if you have good blocking/route running and hands you can go pretty far.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #41
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY

GOAT24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Have you thought about playing the tight end position? Don't need crazy speed on it and if you have good blocking/route running and hands you can go pretty far.

Hes 5'11
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #42
Just2Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
too small. 5'9-5'10? Too small.

Quote:
if you are just flat out SLOW then I wold imagine you are going to have a tuff time...

bettis and emmitt and barber and 100 other RBs weren't the fastest guys in the world, but they weren't slow either, and they have a ton of stamina...

do you even know what it is like to get drilled flat into the dirt to the point that your all of your insides hurt and then have to get right back up and run a play again? Football isn't easy...that shit takes quite a while to get adjusted to...it usually isn't something someone can just jump into their senior year...

not trying to say give up, but I am not sure you know what you are gettin into...
I know what I'm getting into, football use to sport I always played in the pick-up, in playgrounds and fields whatever when I was young. I have toughness, I know I can take hits. I would be a WR If I weren't slow, but RBs need less speed than WR, at least so I thought and heard. Plus like I said, I have quickness, I just suck at foot races, you know what I mean by that? Like Knowshon Moreno basically sucks at foot races, but is super quick when he launches. I'm not comparing myself to him, I'm just saying we have a similar feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
JV? Isn't that just for Freshmen and Sophs?

Coaches love speed. The fastest guys were pretty much all RBs. Your school might use more of a passing offense, though. If you want playing time, then try to find a position with less competition which is usually something like TE.
like I said, too small for TE. My choices are basically LB, Line, or maybe RB. So even though I have that burst of quickness but have slow foot race, that isn't enough for RB?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #43
Just2Clutch

prime wanna answer?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #44
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
prime wanna answer?
you mean you are real quick off the snap right...like you have a quick burst but can't accell past it?

I don't know what else to tell you really...

How big is your school?...like how many students are in your class?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #45
Just2Clutch

Quote:
you mean you are real quick off the snap right...like you have a quick burst but can't accell past it?

I don't know what else to tell you really...

How big is your school?...like how many students are in your class?
600 in my graduation class and yeah quick off snap. So whatcha think?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: