Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 AM   #46
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Clutch
600 in my graduation class and yeah quick off snap. So whatcha think?

I say punter or field goal kicker is an option for you. 5'11'' and slow doesn't give you much options. FB as someone else said is another option.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 AM   #47
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which position do you think requires more experience and athleticism: RB vs LB?

my high school had almost 3,000...

600 is small imo...

just go for it, there is bound to be a good spot for you somewhere with a class that small...esp if you really want to play...they will find a spot for you...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #48
Just2Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
my high school had almost 3,000...

600 is small imo...

just go for it, there is bound to be a good spot for you somewhere with a class that small...esp if you really want to play...they will find a spot for you...
you asked the size of my graduating class right? 600 people. Total amount of people in school? probably around 2000-2500. You had 3,000 people in your graduating class or your total school? Because 3,000 in a graduating class is a shit load.

Now tell me what you think.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #49
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're probably not going to get much PT. Bust your ass in practice and the coaches should notice. You could have a shot at a bit of PT if you outhustle the people who have you beat in experience and athleticism.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #50
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think my graduating class was around 2,600 or so...yeah...maybe not though damn it...maybe I am thinking total school, but it was a big school

600 people...that means around 300 dudes...that means around 50 dudes that would be worth a damn at football, lol...that means you could have a decent shot...maybe not at RB, but I bet they could find a lace for you somewhere if you really had your heart set on it like Rudy...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #51
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
you can find any type of RB anywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcT2bNxq4c8&feature=fvst

^^^ Noel Devine in high school...

he was the #1 high school recruit in the country until he had off the feild issues...and he is only like 5'8" 150 lbs or something...

he was a BEAST...they said he was the high school version of Barry Sanders...every college wanted him...before he went "thug" on everyone...

I don't like a dude that small for the pros though...you might end up with something decent like Warrick Dunn, but for the most part in the NFL I like "big and fast"...

If you think Noal Devine was sick in high school, you need to check out Ka'deem Carey. My girlfriends little brother is on his o-line and I went to almost every one of his games this past year and dude is a little small but a future NFL player. Was the Arizona high school player of the year as a Junior and 1 of 2 Juniors to be one of the last 5 candidates for MaxPreps.com National Player of the Year. Not highly ranked currently because the rankings are old and his grades were poor.

http://www.azprospects.com/2010/03/1...-kadeem-carey/

Random but the Devine talk reminded me of Carey and Oklahoma has contacted him so while chances are slim he goes out South for college, he might be a future Sooner.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
If you think Noal Devine was sick in high school, you need to check out Ka'deem Carey. My girlfriends little brother is on his o-line and I went to almost every one of his games this past year and dude is a little small but a future NFL player. Was the Arizona high school player of the year as a Junior and 1 of 2 Juniors to be one of the last 5 candidates for MaxPreps.com National Player of the Year. Not highly ranked currently because the rankings are old and his grades were poor.

http://www.azprospects.com/2010/03/1...-kadeem-carey/

Random but the Devine talk reminded me of Carey and Oklahoma has contacted him so while chances are slim he goes out South for college, he might be a future Sooner.
224 carries, 2,738 yards, 43 Tds, 12.2 yards per carry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfyFi-uxl8

^^^ is that him?

not much on YouTube...never seen a dude do a straight fron flip into the endzone though...AND LAND ON HIS FEET...

if you ever talk to him tell him that Bob Stoops is head and shoulders above any other coach in college football...and that school he would really have true potential to become a star...

if the Sooners are really chasing after him...he must be something special...they are top 5 in recruiting every year...

that YouTube clip has a person saying he likes Notre Dame...bad idea if he can be a Sooner imo...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #53
Just2Clutch

Quote:
I think my graduating class was around 2,600 or so...yeah...maybe not though damn it...maybe I am thinking total school, but it was a big school

600 people...that means around 300 dudes...that means around 50 dudes that would be worth a damn at football, lol...that means you could have a decent shot...maybe not at RB, but I bet they could find a lace for you somewhere if you really had your heart set on it like Rudy...
300 dudes what the **** are you talking about? Since when did I say 300 dudes were on the team? There are no cuts for the last damn time. So again, can YOU TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT I CAN PLAY RB? I feel like you aren't even reading my posts, just like one-lines of it and then posting.

Again, I have quickness, but I suck at foot races. Did I tell you this already? I can block and I can catch, at least I think, did you read this? I'm sorry for coming off as such an ass in this post, but I feel like you aren't even reading my posts because you definitely are not answering them right.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
300 dudes what the **** are you talking about? Since when did I say 300 dudes were on the team? There are no cuts for the last damn time. So again, can YOU TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT I CAN PLAY RB? I feel like you aren't even reading my posts, just like one-lines of it and then posting.

Again, I have quickness, but I suck at foot races. Did I tell you this already? I can block and I can catch, at least I think, did you read this? I'm sorry for coming off as such an ass in this post, but I feel like you aren't even reading my posts because you definitely are not answering them right.
300 "males" in your graduating class...

(I guessed like 50 of those 300 would be decent at football)

don't worry about that part, it doesn't matter...jesus

look Clutch, I have no idea what your compition is like there...NONE...there is no way in hell that I am going to able to tell you if you could make RB or not...

all I can tell you is give it your all...tell them you want to play RB, they will most likely give you a chance to show what you got...that is all I can tell you dude...sorry
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #55
Just2Clutch

Quote:
300 "males" in your graduating class...

(I guessed like 50 of those 300 would be decent at football)

don't worry about that part, it doesn't matter...jesus

look Clutch, I have no idea what your compition is like there...NONE...there is no way in hell that I am going to able to tell you if you could make RB or not...

all I can tell you is give it your all...tell them you want to play RB, they will most likely give you a chance to show what you got...that is all I can tell you dude...sorry
Alright, sorry for lashing out. Didn't have the best day in school and I have AP testing these next days so I won't be back in a while. Thanks though, I will definitely give my all like always.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #56
Just2Clutch

actually I have one more question primetime. Do you think what I have is enough or good? Like I said, I have good quickness and burst, but I just have bad foot race skills. So I should work on my flaws right? But do you think having a good quickness and burst is a good start? I just have to keep moving forward from there?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #57
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
actually I have one more question primetime. Do you think what I have is enough or good? Like I said, I have good quickness and burst, but I just have bad foot race skills. So I should work on my flaws right? But do you think having a good quickness and burst is a good start? I just have to keep moving forward from there?
yes it could be enough...

if I were you I would work on toning up...get rid of the unwanted weight you have...that will naturally increase your speed...

work on you stamina as well...start running alot...do a shit ton of cardio

you could get in there and firgure out you have alot of problems holding onto the ball, that is what happened to me when I was young, before high school...that was my major flaw is that I had alot of issues with fumbling...

if you are a natural it could all work out regardless of your speed, you just have to get in there and see what happens, it is the only way...
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #58
Endurance7
Banned

Endurance7 has an OK reputation so far

Could any of you guys list some RBs who are not that athletic? By that I mean, they aren't freaks like Adrian Peterson or Brandon Jacobs. They are obviously still athletic, just not super athletic.

How about Frank Gore and Knowshon Moreno guys?
Endurance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #59
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurance7
Could any of you guys list some RBs who are not that athletic? By that I mean, they aren't freaks like Adrian Peterson or Brandon Jacobs. They are obviously still athletic, just not super athletic.

How about Frank Gore and Knowshon Moreno guys?
Gore is fast as f*ck...

I am not that familiar with Moreno...yet

-Jules Jones

-Ryan Grant

-Ced Benson

-Mendenhall

-Pierre Thomas

-anyone that runs for the Patriots

-anyone that runs for Oakland not named Mcfadden

all I can think of right now...
Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #60
Endurance7
Banned

Endurance7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Gore is fast as f*ck...

I am not that familiar with Moreno...yet

-Jules Jones

-Ryan Grant

-Ced Benson

-Mendenhall

-Pierre Thomas

-anyone that runs for the Patriots

-anyone that runs for Oakland not named Mcfadden

all I can think of right now...
Gore is fast? I didn't know that. his 40 is actually quite below average. Unless you are just talking about your eyes.

Oakland RBs? I thought they had the most athletic RBs in the league?
Endurance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: