Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The off-season

You sure about that? With Amare off the books the Suns should be able to take more money in a trade.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 AM   #17
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
You sure about that? With Amare off the books the Suns should be able to take more money in a trade.
According to the site that cannot be named they're currently at $43 million, that's without Fyre and Warricks deals. When you add them they're probably at around $50-$52 million, so at most I think they'd only be $4 to $5 million under the salary cap. Not enough to do a straight Barbosa for AK swap and I don't think the Suns would want to add Dudley or Hill to get closer to making it work.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #18
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
I don't think the Suns would want to add Dudley or Hill to get closer to making it work.

They wouldn't? I wouldn't be surprised to see them do anything. Without Amare they're a different team. They also have Admundsen they can renounce to get a bit more money.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 07-05-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 AM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
They wouldn't? I wouldn't be surprised to see them do anything. Without Amare they're a different team. They also have Admundsen they can renounce to get a bit more money.
They're both on pretty cheap contracts, only $2-$3 million each, so going by their current trend, i'd say they'd be more inclined to keep them rather then trading them to take on $15 million of AK's salary. I like Dudley though, I think he'd be a good guy to have on the team.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

The post-Boozer era begins! The Millsap era begins! He wasn't worth his old contract even if healthy. Maybe they can get Johnson and or Gibson in a sign and trade?

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 07-07-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #21
AK47DR91

Millsap to win MIP next season? I can see it already.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #22
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
The post-Boozer era begins! The Millsap era begins! He wasn't worth his old contract even if healthy. Maybe they can get Johnson and or Gibson in a sign and trade?
Milsap will make in 2 years what the Bulls are paying Boozer for 1.

Don't see how the Jazz can demand a player. Boozer has already agreed to join the Bulls, giving the Jazz a trade exception via S&T is just doing the Jazz a favour. He's not in a Bosh situation where he's trying to get a extra year from the deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Don't see how the Jazz can demand a player. Boozer has already agreed to join the Bulls, giving the Jazz a trade exception via S&T is just doing the Jazz a favour. He's not in a Bosh situation where he's trying to get a extra year from the deal.

Well I figured they might be doing the Bulls a favor by giving them more cap space. They're going to need it with Lebron going to Miami. Johnson would have been a nice pick-up and I would have taken Gibson too.

Not sure it was much of a favor though. They got a pick out of it and I doubt the Jazz ever use the trade exception or the other two they have.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 07-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #24
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Guess Brewer and Harrington are on the Jazz radar. Get Ronnie back plus the 1st rounder they got for him would look good. Not sure they need him even if Korver and Matthews are gone though.

They could certainly use Harrington.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #25
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Sloan loses another favorite in Korver. What's he going to do? He hasn't been worth that kind of money the past couple years. Bulls better hope he stays healthy too. He might start there?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What are some decent NBA Free Agents left? I imagine the Jazz will pick up Ronnie Brewer with Korver gone, and maybe they'll pick up another C/PF after this season.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #27
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Haslem on their list. Not sure why they need him either.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
What are some decent NBA Free Agents left? I imagine the Jazz will pick up Ronnie Brewer with Korver gone, and maybe they'll pick up another C/PF after this season.
Might be a good pickup just because it'll make Deron happy.

Quote:
Haslem on their list. Not sure why they need him either.
HUSTLE! It's the only thing that gets old man Sloan going nowadays.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #29
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Haslem's a player they just don't need another undersized pf for Sloan to play at center. I think Deron is getting less happy by the day.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #30
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Haslem's a player they just don't need another undersized pf for Sloan to play at center. I think Deron is getting less happy by the day.
I do to, they said his two best friends on the team were Korver and Brewer. They traded Brewer and didn't make an effort to keep Korver. I'd be pissed if I were Deron, they seem more then content adding average pieces that keep you at the status quo rather then trying to become a serious contender.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: