Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #31
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The off-season

Quote:
they seem more then content adding average pieces that keep you at the status quo rather then trying to become a serious contender

Same as it ever was.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #32
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Same as it ever was.
Yep. I find myself getting frustrated more then ever, especially since they had an opportunity to get really good, but ended up getting worse.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #33
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Yeah the nuggets and jazz imo have been in pretty similar spots for a while- if those 2 franchises right now were commited to spending big and being aggresive then they are top 5 teams in the nba- both bad timing not to be financially aggressive right now when so many teams are going the other way
---
Anyway as a nugs fan I'm happy that the jazz
DIDN'T-
-somehow end up w amare or bosh
-draft motiejunas or avery bradley
-go after a bigtime wing player (igoudala, gay....)
I'm glad the jazz
DID
-let boozer walk? Could there have been a s+t or sign?
-drafted hayward- neat story, in the nw you have to think about that guy covering carmelo or durant- that guy couldn't handle kleiza- so hayward is your shooting gaurd and you still need a bigtime sf who can defend both spots (ak47 is done right?) You need a new him (not that easy)
-moved millsap into a starter (I hope nugs can accomplish moving nene back to pf- the nene/millsap matchup would be so nice for nugs (no way millsap could play 25+ mins without fouling out)
-glad you haven't got a good trade out of kirelinko- nugs still need to unload kmart so no more dalembert like trades before kmart taking more of the guys the nugs needed (spencer hawes)
-----
Anyway jazz/nugs is the best for me, I still only compare nugs against the lakers and jazz really- blows my mind how all these ishiot just KNOW that portland and okc are so great but they've never been better than denver or utah and I see both denver and utah still getting better so how they going to catch up?
-------
Until now- maybe utah has taken a step back? (Denver is at a spot of needed improvement too)- ownerships commitment to spending and winning will be key for both of these really good teams
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I find myself getting frustrated more then ever, especially since they had an opportunity to get really good, but ended up getting worse.

Never had a better opportunity than when they were handed Stockton and Malone on a silver platter in consecutive drafts.

Quote:
Yeah the nuggets and jazz imo have been in pretty similar spots for a while- if those 2 franchises right now were commited to spending big and being aggresive then they are top 5 teams in the nba- both bad timing not to be financially aggressive right now when so many teams are going the other way

Spending big isn't necessarily the answer. Nuggets got better when they gave Camby away and got their finances under control. Spending is ok as long as you do it wisely. Giving Okur over 10 million a year and signing Fessenko period isn't spending money wisely though.

Quote:
Anyway as a nugs fan I'm happy that the jazz
DIDN'T-
-somehow end up w amare or bosh

Not sure I'd want Amare over Millsap either.

Quote:
draft motiejunas or avery bradley

One of them wasn't in the draft. Looking more and more like they drafted the right guy.Check out the Hakeem post fake he puts on NBA.com.

Quote:
go after a bigtime wing player (igoudala, gay....)

They could still go after Ioudala if he's available.

Quote:
I'm glad the jazz
DID
-let boozer walk?

Me too.

Quote:
Could there have been a s+t or sign?

There was.They gave up a 2nd round pick for a trade exception they will likely never use.

Quote:
-drafted hayward- neat story, in the nw you have to think about that guy covering carmelo or durant- that guy couldn't handle kleiza- so hayward is your shooting gaurd and you still need a bigtime sf who can defend both spots

Supposed to be pretty good defensively. I'd think he'll play more 3 than 2.

Quote:
(ak47 is done right?)

I doubt it. They'll hang on to him and try to resign him for 7 or 8 million a year next year. Maybe even try to give him an extension before than. His value continues to rise though with all the money still out there and the free agent talent going fast. They might get an offer even they can't refuse.

Quote:
You need a new him (not that easy)

The rookie has some of those skills. He's athletic, versatile and can handle the ball.

Quote:
moved millsap into a starter (I hope nugs can accomplish moving nene back to pf- the nene/millsap matchup would be so nice for nugs (no way millsap could play 25+ mins without fouling out)

Nene seemed to be a pretty good match-up for the Jazz in the playoffs.

Quote:
nugs still need to unload kmart so no more dalembert like trades before kmart taking more of the guys the nugs needed (spencer hawes)

Much like AK he is overpaid but one of your few guys that plays D.

Quote:
blows my mind how all these ishiot just KNOW that portland and okc are so great but they've never been better than denver or utah and I see both denver and utah still getting better so how they going to catch up?

Oklahoma was better and without injuries Portland probably is too. They will only get better while the Jazz reamin the same it they're lucky.

Quote:
maybe utah has taken a step back?

Too early to say. Milsap isn'ta step back.

Quote:
ownerships commitment to spending and winning will be key for both of these really good teams

Unless the Millers sell the Jazz won't get that commitment. Even last year when they finally payed luxury tax so they could pay a bunch of guys that played the same position they gave players away for nothing and filled their bench with stiffs and D-leaguers to save money.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #35
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Check out the Hakeem post move: http://www.nba.com/summerleague/game.../gameinfo.html

Remains to be seen if he was the best guy for them to take but he definitely looks like a player to me.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #36
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Looks like Matthews is gone. Surprised no one is chasing Fessenko too. LMAO!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #37
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Looks like Matthews is gone. Surprised no one is chasing Fessenko too. LMAO!
Yep, I heard the original offer was something along the lines of 5/25 and I thought the Jazz would match that, but I doubt they match a front loaded 5/34 deal.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #38
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Think they would have had a tough time matching 5/25. He's not worth that now. Someday maybe.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #39
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Think they would have had a tough time matching 5/25. He's not worth that now. Someday maybe.
Just reported that the deal is front loaded like Millsaps. They'll have to pay him $9.2 million in the first 7 days of the contract.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #40
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Smart on their part. Any chance at a sign and trade? Fernandez/cash and maybe a trade exemtion if they have one.

Morrow not available anymore either.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #41
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Other big men available through trades, according to ESPN's Chad Ford, include: Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Elton Brand, Emeka Okafor and Marcin Gortat, with the latter two perhaps being most intriguing to the Jazz.

Ford's list of guards and swingmen on the block: Rip Hamilton, T.J. Ford, Hedo Turkoglu, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Jose Calderon.

Okafor,Gortat and Hamilton sound nice.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #42
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
The Jazz have spoken about free agents from Ronnie Brewer to Al Harrington to Shannon Brown and Roger Mason.

Brown would give them a different option at the one besides Price. Mason can handle the ball and shoot then 3 which they'll need as well.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #43
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Okafor,Gortat and Hamilton sound nice.
Make it happen
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #44
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Anybody heard the Jazz might bring Ronnie Brewer back?

I would actually like to see him come back to the Jazz. Him and Deron Williams played well together and Deron was mad when they traded him.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #45
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Brewer is a nice player around the rim and on defense, but he's still a shooting guard who can't shoot. The only reason I might want the Jazz to sign him is because they might get a discount because of his injury.

Even still, he's a role player. The Jazz are missing another star.

My vote is for Al Jeff
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: