Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #46
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The off-season

I never really had anything against Brewer, but I never found what was so great about him. Hopefully the Jazz sign Shannon Brown or Roger Mason, those would be some guys I'd like to see on the Jazz, Gortat would be an awesome pick up as well.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #47
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I think its hilaroius that Port offered Matthews all that money. I hear agents for guys like Brewer are calling and saying, That offer is ridiculous, let them have Matthews and sign our guy for cheaper. It would be very shrewd if they got value for Brewer, then signed him back cheaper than Matthews. Brewer and Harrington(or some type of stretch 4) would round out the roster, plus a backup C ideally, like Kwame Brown.

Ratliff/Okur(Okur out for a while) - Koufos/Fesenko
Milsap - Harrington
Kirilenko Hayward
Miles Brewer
DWill Price

could be competitive enough. I wonder if they'd do an AK for Prince and CV deal. CV is a better version of Harrington IMO and gives them 2 things they need at backup 4, length and shooting out to 3 point land. Prince is an upgrade on AK at SF and is expiring, so Hayward can be groomed to take over next year.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #48
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I never really had anything against Brewer, but I never found what was so great about him. Hopefully the Jazz sign Shannon Brown or Roger Mason, those would be some guys I'd like to see on the Jazz, Gortat would be an awesome pick up as well.

Top defender and can slash to the basket, shot a high percentage. Not a good outside shooter though, but knows his limits. Good passer too and plays within system
Will defend opponents' best scorer, 1,2 or 3
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #49
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
he's still a shooting guard who can't shoot

His inside game is better than most wingmen though. he has other skills. his length and athleticsm could be used.

Quote:
Even still, he's a role player. The Jazz are missing another star.

Missing two or 3 stars if they want to play with the big boys not to mention their head coach will ultimately stand in the way.

Quote:
My vote is for Al Jeff

Already have Millsap. What do they need with him?

Quote:
I hear agents for guys like Brewer are calling and saying, That offer is ridiculous, let them have Matthews and sign our guy for cheaper.

Could be a godsend that he got that offer cuz now they have other things to look at that they might not have otherwise.

Quote:
Brewer and Harrington(or some type of stretch 4) would round out the roster, plus a backup C ideally, like Kwame Brown.

Even better would be if they could find some idiot that would take Okur off their hands than they might actually be able to do something with their roster.

Quote:
Ratliff/Okur(Okur out for a while) - Koufos/Fesenko
Milsap - Harrington
Kirilenko Hayward
Miles Brewer
DWill Price

Rather have Kwame than Theo at this stage. Please get a decent back-up pg while your at it.

Quote:
I wonder if they'd do an AK for Prince and CV deal.

probably

Quote:
CV is a better version of Harrington IMO and gives them 2 things they need at backup 4, length and shooting out to 3 point land.

Don't need his contract or D especially for a back-up.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #50
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
Brewer is a nice player around the rim and on defense, but he's still a shooting guard who can't shoot. The only reason I might want the Jazz to sign him is because they might get a discount because of his injury.

Even still, he's a role player. The Jazz are missing another star.

My vote is for Al Jeff
Word is they're the favourite to get him. Wolves only seem to want draft picks in return so I'm guessing it'll be the Memphis pick plus one of the Jazz's own 1st rounders.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #51
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Sounds like it's all but done. Surprised they'd touch him after a DUI. He's potentially bigger and better than Boozer at a cheaper price. Now if they could find a taker for Okur. Should try to get Session thrown in on the deal. He's supposed to be on the block as well. He'd be a big upgrade on Price.

Quote:
Utah is known to have expressed interest in numerous players so far including Al Harrington, Shannon Brown, Louis Amundson, Roger Mason, Anthony Tolliver, Josh Powell and Brewer.

Sounds like Admundsen is almost set in Denver and Lakers can keep Powell.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #52
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Jazz might bring back Brewer if they can't sign Matthews.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/13/b...thews-in-utah/
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #53
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Doesn't look good as far as AK staying now. Hopefully when Okur comes back and shows he's healthy they can deal him instead.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #54
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

AK hasn't done much the past 2-3 years, he won't be missed that much in my eyes.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #55
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

He's not the player he was but still one of their top 4 players. He's by far their best defensive player especially if Matthews is gone and Koufos remains on the bench.

I'd much rather see the ball in his hands than their back-up pg's. Rather see Miles or probably the rookie with it as well. He's their 2nd best passer and one of their best ball handlers. Very unselfish.

He's easily their most versatile player. Plays 3 postions and though he has weaknesses,is overpaid and injury-prone brings a lot to the table that they would miss.

His offense looked even better last year as a starter though he might have to come off the bench with their current team. He might have to spend more time up front.

He's probably their best athlete. Something that they've always lacked. Too many intangibles to let him go easily.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #56
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Koufos was part of this deal? WTF? Minnesota raped them. Now you got to wonder why they didn't draft Aldrich or another center. You already have Millsap and AK. What do you need with Jefferson anyway? Fessenko and Okur at center? LMAO! AK probably on his way out. Jazz could be looking painfully thin everywhere but PF.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #57
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
“It’s a situation where we felt we had too many at that position now,” Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor said.

Is he serious? The one-horse pony Okur coming off surgery, the worthless Fessenko and a bunch of undersized PF's.

Quote:
With Koufos’ departure, the Jazz have only one player remaining — Deron Williams — from their 12 first-round draft picks between 2000 and 2009.

Bravo Kevin!

Quote:
O’Connor suggested that trading Koufos increases the likelihood the Jazz will bring back Kyrylo Fesenko as a restricted free agent.

It's a done deal. Always was.

Good luck Koufos. Hope you go to a team where you can show the doubters what I've seen in you.

Quote:
Although the Jazz could look to add a shooter, O’Connor noted that the Jazz have four players who collectively could fill the need in Williams, C.J. Miles, Gordon Hayward and Mehmet Okur.

CJ and Hayward are still ? marks from long range as is Okur right now and you'd prefer Deron had others to kick it to.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #58
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
O'Connor lauded Koufos' recent improvement, but dealing him affords Utah a small degree of luxury-tax relief.

Whatever. He's worth every cent.

Quote:
Getting Jefferson, though, is something O'Connor considers a "relief" — especially with Okur's status early next season uncertain following offseason surgery to repair a torn Achilles.
"(Okur)," O'Connor said, "is going to have a tough time getting back into prime shape right away."

Either you are loaded at the position or you're not? which is it?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #59
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

If the Wolves are smart they'd get Koufos to their summer league team and they might think twice about trading him.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #60
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Kevin O'Connor is the biggest idiot in the NBA if he bringsback Kyrylo Fesenko, that guy is one of the worst players I've seen play for the Jazz.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: