Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

Default Need New Basketball shoes

I had the dual density hyper dunks and they did me well, I like how it was flexible and a bit light. But I want better basketball shoes, something that is extremely light, flexible and has arch support. Did anybody ever have the foamposites because I heard they are good and light. Also Im not looking to spend too much money. If I was I would probably by the Kobe Zoom iii which are dumb light but I want something cheaper.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Re: Need New Basketball shoes

Kobe V's man... best 100 bucks (I had a 20$ off from foot locker) I ever spent. I haven't even been able to use em really but the couple times i did loved em.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

aren't they for the smaller, quicker guys? and how is the ankle support?

I'm a 6'3, 200 pounds wing player, do play in the post. I use strength to get in the lane, not speed or quickness. But I do shoot a lot of pull-ups, which means I need good support on my feet. What shoes would you guys advise me to get?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Kobe V's man... best 100 bucks (I had a 20$ off from foot locker) I ever spent. I haven't even been able to use em really but the couple times i did loved em.

Cosign on the Kobe V, I have the Kobe IV and they're ridiculous. The V I heard is even better, but remember that just because it's a low top doesn't mean they're bad for your ankles. That's a myth and it's untrue, an ankle injury is caused by landing sideways on your ankle usually, which will happen to you even in a high shoe like the Hyperdunk. Unless you're wearing a rigid boot, high top shoes won't do anything for you, and the lows will in fact strengthen your ankles. If you have no ankle flexion as a result of "ankle support", now you'll tear your ACL.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

I'm trying to find the charles barkey shoes they look sick. Does anyone know any sites where I can get it?
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
iamgine

Contrary to popular belief, expensive basketball shoes doesn't actually make you perform better or safer, neither is it more durable. Save your money and buy solid $40 Nikes/Adidas/And1 that feels good. I know, I used to read all the reviews and buy expensive shoes.

http://www.eastbay.com/searchresults... MBER%20SEARCH
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Cosign on the Kobe V, I have the Kobe IV and they're ridiculous. The V I heard is even better, but remember that just because it's a low top doesn't mean they're bad for your ankles. That's a myth and it's untrue, an ankle injury is caused by landing sideways on your ankle usually, which will happen to you even in a high shoe like the Hyperdunk. Unless you're wearing a rigid boot, high top shoes won't do anything for you, and the lows will in fact strengthen your ankles. If you have no ankle flexion as a result of "ankle support", now you'll tear your ACL.

Yea ankle support = BS. Pretty much everybody on the Lakers wear Kobe's and who else has had a problem besides Kobe for like a week this year with an ankle problem? Nobody... and Kobe didn't have any problems last year or the year before with the IV's or V's. My friend has played in them numerous times (and I know a ton of people of wear them) who haven't had any ankle problems.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
iamgine

Quote:
Yea ankle support = BS. Pretty much everybody on the Lakers wear Kobe's and who else has had a problem besides Kobe for like a week this year with an ankle problem? Nobody... and Kobe didn't have any problems last year or the year before with the IV's or V's. My friend has played in them numerous times (and I know a ton of people of wear them) who haven't had any ankle problems.
Yep, it's definitely BS. I wonder why people still swear by it. I guess it's because the idea of it make sense.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
MannyO
Super Cool E

My recent sneakers have had ankle support. My HS teams sneakers are terrible, they are heavy, loose, and hardly any mobility. One of my friends is selling me his foamposite (the original ones) sneakers for $40. I heard its quite a good show does any body know?
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
aren't they for the smaller, quicker guys? and how is the ankle support?

I'm a 6'3, 200 pounds wing player, do play in the post. I use strength to get in the lane, not speed or quickness. But I do shoot a lot of pull-ups, which means I need good support on my feet. What shoes would you guys advise me to get?

nobody?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Quote:
nobody?

I'm 6'3 170 and play in the Kobe V's and they are the best shoes I have ever played on.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
nobody?

Kobe V's man... doesn't matter what your body type is really. The fact that they are so light is really back/leg friendly because you don't have to lug extra weight around... I'm convinced that you can play with more energy too and for longer for that same reason.

If you are worried about your ankles get some ankle braces... or if you already have em, they should do the trick.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
My recent sneakers have had ankle support. My HS teams sneakers are terrible, they are heavy, loose, and hardly any mobility. One of my friends is selling me his foamposite (the original ones) sneakers for $40. I heard its quite a good show does any body know?

You're getting OG foamposites for 40? I'm not too knowledgeable on the posites but even I know that's a major steal, you better get those before he takes the offer back.

Quote:

Yeah I know right? You see people like DeMar DeRozan who come down hard after getting up there and they have NO problems with the Kobes. All you need in a shoe is stability and cushioning. Those are the core parts of the shoe, the rest like breathability and "ankle support" aren't necessary. As long as your foot does not shift and there's enough cushioning to protect the landings, you're good to go. The Kobe V has Nike's premier cushioning systems and that will lock your foot in. Man I feel like a Nike ad

Quote:
nobody?

You should definitely get lows. You'd be a guard by most leagues, I'm guessing? Anyways, don't go for a heavier, bulkier shoe like the LeBrons and slow yourself down. High-end shoes won't make you better, but heavier and clunkier shoes WILL make you slower. Playing in the post, I'd say you're light enough that wearing Kobes (or any other lows) won't be a problem. And yeah, don't worry about support, if you're really worried, just tape up until you feel comfortable enough, trust me, it's great. I've played in lows for all I can remember, I did buy mid shoes for style, but I've played killer games in Brooks running shoes
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #14
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Kobe V's man... doesn't matter what your body type is really. The fact that they are so light is really back/leg friendly because you don't have to lug extra weight around... I'm convinced that you can play with more energy too and for longer for that same reason.

If you are worried about your ankles get some ankle braces... or if you already have em, they should do the trick.

nope, no problem with that. Well, I guess its worth a try since if there is one guy who shoots pull-ups; it's Kobe. Are the Kobe's bigger than you expect? Because I have a pair of those Adidas Creators and the sides are killing me, especially in the beginning, it's like my feet are getting pressed together.

Those Kobe's are pretty cheap though, that's good.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #15
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
You should definitely get lows. You'd be a guard by most leagues, I'm guessing? Anyways, don't go for a heavier, bulkier shoe like the LeBrons and slow yourself down. High-end shoes won't make you better, but heavier and clunkier shoes WILL make you slower. Playing in the post, I'd say you're light enough that wearing Kobes (or any other lows) won't be a problem. And yeah, don't worry about support, if you're really worried, just tape up until you feel comfortable enough, trust me, it's great. I've played in lows for all I can remember, I did buy mid shoes for style, but I've played killer games in Brooks running shoes

thanks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: