Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKnicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Mike Woodson early candidate for coach of the year?

Even without his best player his team BLEW OUT the defensing champs in the champs building.

Not to mention he has dramatically changed the culture in the knicks locker room. Every guy is pulling for each other, its a team concept that is stressing defense and ball movement.

*what an upgrade over d'antoni.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Woodson early candidate for coach of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
Even without his best player his team BLEW OUT the defensing champs in the champs building.

Not to mention he has dramatically changed the culture in the knicks locker room. Every guy is pulling for each other, its a team concept that is stressing defense and ball movement.

*what an upgrade over d'antoni.

Definitely. It's really shocking how well they have been playing. If they keep it up, then I can't really think of arguments against it.
Micku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Easily.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Hell yeah.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
redboy
Decent playground baller

redboy has an OK reputation so far

Him and Lionel Hollins are the frontrunners for COY so far.
redboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Well no shit he is. Knicks have went from easy 1st round out last year to looking like a true contender in the east. I actually think it's good for the NBA and is funny because many Heat fans (even non Heat fans) flat out said east would have Miami coming out easily. Yet now the Knicks have waxed them TWICE by 20+ blowouts? I mean if that's not convincing in terms of H2H I'm not sure what is besides beating them in the playoffs.

This Knicks team looks completely different.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Well no shit he is. Knicks have went from easy 1st round out last year to looking like a true contender in the east. I actually think it's good for the NBA and is funny because many Heat fans (even non Heat fans) flat out said east would have Miami coming out easily. Yet now the Knicks have waxed them TWICE by 20+ blowouts? I mean if that's not convincing in terms of H2H I'm not sure what is besides beating them in the playoffs.

This Knicks team looks completely different.

Amare for Griffin.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

mark jackson gets my vote.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Amare for Griffin.

I'm loving the new BG last few games so hell naw. Have you seen his last few games by any chance? Back to his 20/12/3+ self but also playing some crazy improved D and dropping that J like easy money.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'm loving the new BG last few games so hell naw. Have you seen his last few games by any chance? Back to his 20/12/3+ self but also playing some crazy improved D and dropping that J like easy money.

The jumpshot has been the most surprising thing. But I've actually watched a few of those games all the way thru. They started force-feeding Butler early in the Mavs game, but then Paul got it going with Griffin.

I don't know if it's due to Del Negro's Del Negroness or Paul just taking awkward decisions, but Butler is useless there and always shooting. If you give him the ball, he will ISO. And when I say ISO I mean shoot a jumpshot, never even take a dribble. Get him out the way and look for Griffin. It would get Jordan more touches too.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

that Bobcats coach i say. complete turnaround of franchise already winning more games than last season. i say that's COTY-worthy.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The jumpshot has been the most surprising thing. But I've actually watched a few of those games all the way thru. They started force-feeding Butler early in the Mavs game, but then Paul got it going with Griffin.

I don't know if it's due to Del Negro's Del Negroness or Paul just taking awkward decisions, but Butler is useless there and always shooting. If you give him the ball, he will ISO. And when I say ISO I mean shoot a jumpshot, never even take a dribble. Get him out the way and look for Griffin. It would get Jordan more touches too.

I agree 100 percent. I think Butler is a big help as a 4th option type who hits open shots but his defensive struggles nowadays and chucking hurt the team greatly at times. The iso ball needs to go away for our team unless it's Griffin, CP3 or Crawford. I think it's on both Vinny+CP3 for feeding our shooters more than they feed our bigs because we all see as fans that when Clippers run through the bigs... inside out game they are REALLY good.

It's when they become a jumpshooting team that the team runs into major issues. Last two games they have won by an average margin of 26 points and both times Griffin got touches early and often and the shooters were a SECOND not FIRST option which is how this team should always be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: