Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ben Gordon to play for Great Britain this summer

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-s...5875-22243072/

Great news for GB! Very happy to see Ben commit to Great Britain finally! Taken a few years.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Ben Gordon to play for Great Britain this summer

They are building a nice basketball program. Basketball is more popular in the UK than people claim it is. It's also going to help once the new BBA league starts up.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

meh, ben's a chucker. good luck w/ him.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
meh, ben's a chucker. good luck w/ him.

Hey, I'd rather have BG chucking for us than our current backcourt. We are improving, but we need to get closer to world class. Ben will help somewhat. I'm definitely not saying he's the answer, not by any stretch of the imagination. But we need help offensively, badly. When we played against Spain at the Euro championships or Eurobasket, whatever it's called (sorry can't remember), and we pushed them all the way, we just lacked some firepower at the end. Had to try and rely on Pops (Mensah-Bonsu) down the stretch, and he just isn't that great offensively.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

Our back court will be considerably improved with the addition of Gordon. However we have Justin Robinson coming through who should make the cut this year. He is a very good scoring PG, who can play the 2 aswell. We also have a 17 year old star in the making called Devon Van Oostrum who is in the provisional squad, butr we probably won’t see him maybe till next year. The future is bright for the guard positions, so come 2012 we will hopefully have a chance of achieving the goal set by the British Basketball federation by reaching the Quarter finals.

Justin Robinson highlights......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVT2tP1xkOE
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

he going back with the Pistons during the reg season next year?
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Hey, I'd rather have BG chucking for us than our current backcourt. We are improving, but we need to get closer to world class. Ben will help somewhat. I'm definitely not saying he's the answer, not by any stretch of the imagination. But we need help offensively, badly. When we played against Spain at the Euro championships or Eurobasket, whatever it's called (sorry can't remember), and we pushed them all the way, we just lacked some firepower at the end. Had to try and rely on Pops (Mensah-Bonsu) down the stretch, and he just isn't that great offensively.
this is what I mean, you have a guy who obviously loves basketball but doesn't even know what the competition is called. This is basketball in the U.K. people who play the game have no idea of the history of the european game or its competition, only basketball they know is NBA. this is not a swipe at you ukballer just at the exposure or lack of, that exists in the U.K.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
They are building a nice basketball program. Basketball is more popular in the UK than people claim it is. It's also going to help once the new BBA league starts up.
Lakas I am from the U.K and basketball is not popular atall!!! a bit like cricket in barcelona!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
eh, his name will just look good on your roster. if he helps u guys, that's great. i see him as an overpaid 3pt chucker.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Lakas I am from the U.K and basketball is not popular atall!!! a bit like cricket in barcelona!

Actually a lot of people play basketball in the UK and there are some good ballers. I know because I lived in the UK. You are exaggerating.

If the new BBA league starts up basketball will become more popular. The reason it is struggling now is because the current league is terrible. Also, the British national team is getting better. It is better than some teams that competed at the Olympics like China, Angola, Iran and I am talking about the team they had at the Eurobasket.

They will qualify for the Olympics and they will do pretty well there and IMO that combined with the BBL league will elevate basketball in the UK. The Euroleague will do everything it can to get into that market and there are already good arenas there.

Did you know that Arsenal and Chelsea were planning on opening basketball sections?
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Actually a lot of people play basketball in the UK and there are some good ballers. I know because I lived in the UK. You are exaggerating.

If the new BBA league starts up basketball will become more popular. The reason it is struggling now is because the current league is terrible. Also, the British national team is getting better. It is better than some teams that competed at the Olympics like China, Angola, Iran and I am talking about the team they had at the Eurobasket.

They will qualify for the Olympics and they will do pretty well there and IMO that combined with the BBL league will elevate basketball in the UK. The Euroleague will do everything it can to get into that market and there are already good arenas there.

Did you know that Arsenal and Chelsea were planning on opening basketball sections?
am not exaggerating on the 18th most popular sport, it is the result of a survey, not saying it's accurate but pretty close. I am from the U.K and no not a lot of people play ball! maybe in Brixton.
If Arsenal and Chelsea had teams and financed them well it would be great. Everton already have one, but they are nowhere near european standards.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: