Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Wade FT Article

HEAT NOTEBOOK
Officials favoring Wade?
BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ
igutierrez@MiamiHerald.com

The season is not even a month old, but already there have been three complaints from opposing coaches and players about the amount of foul calls Dwyane Wade received in the course of a game.

The latest was Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace, who claimed, ``He gets all the calls, that's what makes him special.'' Zaza note - thats cold

Wade said he doesn't really hear about such claims, Zaza note - does that mean he doesn't listen or no one told him or he ignores it?? which started this season when Sonics coach Bob Hill said of Wade, ``It's unbelievable what he gets away with.''

''It doesn't bug me as long as [the calls] don't stop,'' said Wade, who averages a league-high 11.5 free-throw attempts a game. Zaza note - that's the spirit. Let me shoot 11.5 ft's a game and you can say whatever you want about me

``[It's] because I'm getting to the basket. I'm not settling for jumpers. It's not like I'm getting foul calls off the ball or getting foul calls on my jump shot, I'm getting them attacking.'' Zaza note - as opposed to G.Wallace who never attacks the basket, right?

Heat coach Pat Riley said all the chatter from the opposition is posturing mixed with a bit of sour grapes.

''I think they're just playing a scam, they really are,'' Riley said. ``They're just whining. I can guarantee you Allen Iverson doesn't say anything like that. I can guarantee you LeBron James doesn't say anything like that. I can guarantee you Zach Randolph won't say anything like that. Anybody that gets 10, 12 free throws a game, they understand why they get them. It's because they're attacking, attacking, attacking, going to the rim taking hits, taking hits, taking hits. That's the advantage of being a great player who has great quickness and has an attack mentality.

``I think everybody's just complaining to try to think they can get an edge and hope they will influence the officials in some way, shape or form. But Dwyane deserves what he gets. There isn't anybody in the league that attacks the basket more than he does.'' Zaza note - Riley isn't one bit trying to influence the officials with this bit of posturing
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anytime someone get to the line alot it will draw criticism and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle - they are attacking and shooting alot, they are getting a ton of contact, they are also getting a benefit of the doubt from the refs.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

riley is obviously trying to influence things, he is a smart guy.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
``He gets all the calls, that's what makes him special

that some harsh stuff right there.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
that some true stuff right there.

Fixed.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Anytime someone get to the line alot it will draw criticism and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle - they are attacking and shooting alot, they are getting a ton of contact, they are also getting a benefit of the doubt from the refs.

Ofcourse.

When have that reputation, of constantly attacking, relentlessly driving to hole, OFCOURSE you're bound to get some benefit of the doubt calls.

I just find it hilarious at all the slights of Wade's FT attempts as if there is some sort of conspiracy(the fact there is some retards who even insinuate that this the case is hysterical)....Some of ya'll act like this N' does not attack the basket. It is not Dwyane Wade's fault that the rule changes that have been implemented in recent years promote and benefit slashing players. And that only select odd few take advantage of these rule changes(Wade, Iverson, Lebron, Pierce. to name a few guys who work around the basket)..

There are two players in this league (in the state that it is in now), who on MOST nights are going to seem to get a disproportionate amount of FT attempts. And that is Dwyane Wade, and Allen Iverson...And there is no ****ing coincidence that (by the general consensus) these are the two players who attack the basket the most of all the high volume perimeter scorers of the league..

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 11-28-2006 at 03:22 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wade isnt the first nor the last...but you think he was at the hands of the envious ones.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Fixed.

what else can you expect from a kings fan, they have an history of whinning about the refs
Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Dude he gets away with murder. I've seen him throw off the defender with his off arm and he still gets free throws. He can chuck himself into 3 people in the paint with no hope of the shot going in and he'll get free throws. The refs love him. You don't see me *****ing about reffing for other guys(besides the league got soft in general and it creates more scoring) do you? NO. I'm speaking from someone who just watches the games, it's not like the Heat/Kings have a rivalry or anything.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
lakers-city
Good college starter

huh, i said it because you pulled the same crap when the lakers were kicking your asses, it wasnt the superior coaching, or the better defense, it wasnt because the lakers had the best big man in the league and the best overall guard in the league, it was all the refs
Old 11-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Ummm bro so basically you are just bragging that the Lakers beat the Kings. Kthxbye.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
lakers-city
Good college starter

bragging ? nah, im only pointing out that kings fans have an history of whinning and blaming the refs for their failures.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Ummm dude THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY TEAM. I should WANT the Mavs to lose/not care if they lose. But I consistently see Wade getting away with murder, in 2005 and in 2006 and still now. I'm talking as an NBA fan.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
lakers-city
Good college starter

an nba fan ? an nba fan would point out how iverson and kobe, duncan, dirk, lebron all get away with murder at the ft line, why all the articles/criticism are towards wade ?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Ummm dude THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY TEAM. I should WANT the Mavs to lose/not care if they lose. But I consistently see Wade getting away with murder, in 2005 and in 2006 and still now. I'm talking as an NBA fan.

Why does he get away with it? Is it an "NBA conspriracy"?
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: