Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #91
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I haven't seen Kobe fall but I haven't seen the entire game, Prince always plays Kobe tight...his long arms always give Kobe problems, I haven't seen the play but I don't see what's so special about a guy who had a knee surgery in the off-season falling down...we all know Kobe is a competitor...atleast he goes out and tries to cover players, unlike Wade, LeBron or McGrady...who would rather just stand and watch then actually go and cover a good player on defense.

The Hunter play I did see, and boy people like Loki make a big deal out of the smallest plays I swear...Kobe was shook for a second because Hunter is a real quick guard. he got lost for a second but Hunter didn't even score on that play or make Kobe even bend down really...makes me wonder how good that Prince play truly was...probably just another hyped up play by the haters.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #92
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

even chancy faked out the injured kobe on a three in the first half. Moved his foot in a little shuffle, got kobe off balance and took an open three. Its nothing special, just showing that you can get kobe to bite on a move and take advantage of his gimpiness. maybe they should sit him till he's healthy
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #93
West-Side
Decent college freshman

The play of the night was from Kobe, with that spin move fade away jump shot in the 4th...way more impressive then that weak ass crossover Hunter put on an injured Kobe.

Please try to say otherwise, I even saw a Piston player on the bench say "F*ck off" when Kobe made that shot.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #94
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
Kobe still owns Prince
uhhmm, how many champs has kobe won since prince has been a starter? oh yeah the 5 game sweep. oh wait prince won that one. its a team sport and having a showboater ballhog (who is undeniably brilliant) won't win you a 7 game series. Maybe if kobe played his defense assignments like it always mattered.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #95
MoPet24
I hit open layups

MoPet24 has an OK reputation so far

That was crazy
MoPet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #96
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
The play of the night was from Kobe, with that spin move fade away jump shot in the 4th...way more impressive then that weak ass crossover Hunter put on an injured Kobe.

Please try to say otherwise, I even saw a Piston player on the bench say "F*ck off" when Kobe made that shot.
Plays of the night dont matter. highlights may be what sports center is about but kobe helped his team into a 20 point deficit. The focus on individual players or plays is what is wrong with the nba. clowns wanting to see alleyoops, dunks and no defense. its still only worth two points.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #97
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
The Hunter play I did see, and boy people like Loki make a big deal out of the smallest plays I swear...Kobe was shook for a second because Hunter is a real quick guard. he got lost for a second but Hunter didn't even score on that play or make Kobe even bend down really...makes me wonder how good that Prince play truly was...probably just another hyped up play by the haters.

Small play? lol Kobe was shook 6 feet to the left while Hunter went to the right. Is a 35 year old Hunter as quick as a 21 year old Iverson? I wonder why people made such a "big deal" about Jordan getting crossed, then (and MJ was 34, not 28 like Kobe). But I guess your "small play" standards don't hold both ways.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #98
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
uhhmm, how many champs has kobe won since prince has been a starter? oh yeah the 5 game sweep. oh wait prince won that one. its a team sport and having a showboater ballhog (who is undeniably brilliant) won't win you a 7 game series. Maybe if kobe played his defense assignments like it always mattered.
prince is the better TEAM player BUT kobe is the better player, your comparing players by their team.....so basically you can say Michel Olimacandi (spell cheak) owns stephon marbury jut cuz he's on a better team, doesnt work that way my friend
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #99
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

hunter himself shaked his head when that shot went in.

and that prince move is a pathetic attempt to make kobe look bad.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #100
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Is a 35 year old Hunter as quick as a 21 year old Iverson? I wonder why people made such a "big deal" about Jordan getting crossed,

Who's talking about Jordan? Or Iverson?
Iverson crossed a healthy Jordan, Hunter crossed over a gimpy Kobe...look who's making a huge deal about it...YOU.

Iverson cross over was overrated anyways, it was a nice crossover...but because it was on Jordan it was over hyped. Hunter's crossover was nice, but not as spectacular as you claim it was.

1)Kobe was not shook that much.
2)Kobe wasn't fully healthy.

That's why it wasn't that impressive.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #101
j3ffr3yc
I airball my layups

j3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected poster

Come on! Someone post the frickin video!!!! Stop arguing and get at it!
j3ffr3yc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:29 AM   #102
KingLeBronJames
LeBron GOAT

KingLeBronJames has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
Kobe got his ankle broken and lost the game too
You are a straight up hater.
KingLeBronJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #103
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Small play? lol Kobe was shook 6 feet to the left while Hunter went to the right. Is a 35 year old Hunter as quick as a 21 year old Iverson? I wonder why people made such a "big deal" about Jordan getting crossed, then (and MJ was 34, not 28 like Kobe). But I guess your "small play" standards don't hold both ways.

Kobe has a gimp knee. That is pathetic that you and StarJordan will do anything to make Kobe look bad. Stop trying to put Kobe on Jordan's level. Kobe wasn't shook. People make a "big deal" about Jordan crossed because HE IS JORDAN. The best ever. Kobe isn't. MJ at 34 was healthy and didn't have any knee problems. StarJordan is a straight up hater.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #104
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Wade had a gimp knee, and won Finals MVP. Kobe, healthy or "not", will NEVER be finals MVP. He'll retire with less finals MVP's than Chauncey Billups.

And I get this feeling that Kobe is exaggerating his knee (exaggerating has been one of his cancer-istic traits he's whole career). Probably only had tendonitis and went the surgery route. Typical Kobe, what NBA player doesn't have tendonitis?
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #105
Pha Q
Decent playground baller

Pha Q has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
Wade had a gimp knee, and won Finals MVP. Kobe, healthy or "not", will NEVER be finals MVP. He'll retire with less finals MVP's than Chauncey Billups.

And I get this feeling that Kobe is exaggerating his knee (exaggerating has been one of his cancer-istic traits he's whole career). Probably only had tendonitis and went the surgery route. Typical Kobe, what NBA player doesn't have tendonitis?

All I gotta say to you is that your a straight up hater.....****ing ***.....
Pha Q is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: