Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #31
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Default Re: If this doesn't keep you off drugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
I could take a modeling picture with a professional make up job and photoshop and paste it next to one of the most unflattering paparazzi pics I could find and make anything look bad.

Not necessarily saying that certain drugs don't have that type of effect, but this is just misleading. Scare tactics like this are what make people disbelieve everything they were told about drugs when they discover it's all a huge exaggeration.

Keith Richards would make Lohan's worst binge look like a morning buzz.
People with serious drug and alcohol problems really can look this bad. I don't know how many addicts you've been around, but it does take a big toll on people. I live next to one major meth area, and people do look like this that aren't even 30. It's not a scare tactic, it's real life.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #32
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
It's not a scare tactic, it's real life.

What you posted in the OP is a misleading scare tactic.
PHX_Phan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #33
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
What you posted in the OP is a misleading scare tactic.
It's only a scare tactic because the OP didn't specify anything. He just generalized with 'drugs'. She's doing coke every night, not eating, partying, taking pills/etc. She's abusing hard drugs. Thats bad. Some drugs can be used responsibly though. I agree with the general premise though. Drugs **** with your head.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #34
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
that has to be shopped...

that pic of her with the cig in her mouth, she doesn't look that bad really...
Except for the fact she's in her early twenties and in the picture she looked in her later 30s or early 40s.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #35
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

The b*tch looks pretty bad now, almost meth head bad. But it's probably just cocaine, fancy party drug and all.

And yeah, OP your title fails. Weed isn't going to make you look like that.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #36
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
That wouldn't phase a drug user at all. lol

A more effective way to get you off drugs is seeing multiple friends die from overdosing or being murdered due to drugs........but hey, I guess some people are "weak" enough to be affected by pictures. lol
I agree it isn't the best way to keep someone off drugs. But what I bolded there is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read.

Someone not doing drugs because they see nasty f*cks that did drugs, somehow makes them weak? I would say that just makes them aware of the stupidity of the shit. The weak ones are the ones who need the drugs in the first place.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #37
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Lesson learned: Choose friends wisely.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #38
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

What is society supposed to do when we look at a celebrity ??

Quite frankly I don't give a rats a$$ about them.

Hard to believe people chase after them , take pictures ..
Find something important to do in life..
Some TV or movie personality wants to trash their lives let 'em if their that stupid.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #39
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
I agree it isn't the best way to keep someone off drugs. But what I bolded there is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read.

Someone not doing drugs because they see nasty f*cks that did drugs, somehow makes them weak? I would say that just makes them aware of the stupidity of the shit. The weak ones are the ones who need the drugs in the first place.

You must have not noticed the word "weak" was bookended with quotation marks. lol

As for whether people can look like that at Lohan's age? Ya, they CAN.

But I will say this. I've been around hundreds of people from aged 18 to 25 who do hard drugs regularily. Mostly coke, mdma, ecstacy and such. I can't think of any of them that look hagard like that. The girls still look fine. These aren't people who do it once a month. I mean some are almost addicts the way they do drugs. And they look fine. Hard to be scared off from doing drugs when no one in our circles actually looks like that.

Now, I have seen girls and guys look disgusting while high. I mean bitten lips so bad they glow in the dark....makeup disgusting and such....but you wouldn't know the next day.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #40
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

it's a bad picture, but if she wasn't drunk or high, actually had a tan, and didn't have shitty blonde hair she'd probably still look pretty damn good.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
You must have not noticed the word "weak" was bookended with quotation marks. lol

As for whether people can look like that at Lohan's age? Ya, they CAN.

But I will say this. I've been around hundreds of people from aged 18 to 25 who do hard drugs regularily. Mostly coke, mdma, ecstacy and such. I can't think of any of them that look hagard like that. The girls still look fine. These aren't people who do it once a month. I mean some are almost addicts the way they do drugs. And they look fine. Hard to be scared off from doing drugs when no one in our circles actually looks like that.

Now, I have seen girls and guys look disgusting while high. I mean bitten lips so bad they glow in the dark....makeup disgusting and such....but you wouldn't know the next day.
I saw the quotes, I just wasn't sure if you were mocking the word since it is so overused when describing addicts or what.

Yah I have seen plenty that look fine, but also plenty that look terrible. And some that look just way different than they used to. And even if they do look terrible it doesn't seem to change anyones mind. Hell, some have even had friends die and shit from it, and they don't miss a beat.

But I am kinda talking outta my ass, I never did hard drugs, don't plan to. And most of my friends don't. Just something I noticed in highschool, parties, and now if I go out and see old friends that do it. I did have friends that got hooked into the wrong shit, but that was there problem, so **** em.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #42
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I'd still hit it....and do lines off her ass.

+1

I'd try to steal out of her purse too, why not?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: