Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Jefferson out 4-8 weeks

Type 2 ankle sprain...now I really wish he had rested a bit longer. I'm not saying he's injury prone...but he has gotten injured a lot the past two or 3 seasons. I do understand that sometimes it was because of other players though, Billups with the wrist and he landed on Shaq last night for the ankle. Either way this is horrible news, who starts in Jefferson's place, Wright or Nachbar?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

shouldn't have played since he was slightly injured... now it get worse... sigh...

I'm thinking they start House... but since he's inured too, i think Wright will start...

pretty convincing performance against the Heat...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

If Wright starts I'm guessing it would be as Shooting Guard and Vince moves to Small Foward.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

dang whats happening to the Nets, were not getting any breaks.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

John Hollinger must be laughing his asss off now.

sorry John, injuries are not something that you can predict. it was a hit or miss thing. try again.

Nets will have to give Mile Ilic burn now possibly.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
If Wright starts I'm guessing it would be as Shooting Guard and Vince moves to Small Foward.
ya, either that or wright has the size to play the three-spot himself.

this is exactly why i was so pleased wright and boki took 'the next step' this offseason. sure there'll be some dropoff in production (altho prolly not as much as ppl think), but this is just the kind of extra game time these guys can use. adams too, actually. not to sound like a broken record, but this will help the team down the road.

now if RJ got injured near the end of the season then i'd be angry and depressed for sure.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

but since Boone is not ready to return and neither is House, do you think Moore and Ilic will be gettin gsome burn in spot minutes?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

I hope to see Hassan play a little and take Wright's spot off the bench.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
but since Boone is not ready to return and neither is House, do you think Moore and Ilic will be gettin gsome burn in spot minutes?
i'm not sure i follow you. in other words, would they play three big men (krstic and twin and one of those two) at times to take up the slack for RJ? it seems highly unlikely, but maybe i'm missing the point.

anyway as i understand it, ilic' role this season is to work his ass off in practice and sit his ass on the bench and soak up everything he can during games.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

well, if RJ is sitting out, Wright will be the #1 candidate to play at the SG position (i dont think he is strong enough to play D at the 3 position)

however that bumps everyone in the depth chart up.

Boki seems restricted to the four right now as part of the Nets "small ball" lineup, but because the swingman rotation has now been cut down to 3, Frank may have to run a lineup in which Boki plays 3 and he plays a traditional lineup of two big men.

therefore, with the only rotation of Collins/Robinson right now, do you think he will employ Moore and Ilic more frequently?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

This just means Antoine Wright and Marcus Williams get more playing time. Obviously Jefferson is a big loss, but we'll survive...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Why not just start Marcus Williams at the 2 guard position?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Marcus is not exactly a shooter, and he cannot defend bigger two guards. I thought a Knick fan of all people would know never to start a small point guard in the off guard position.

besides, Marcus has been making a number of rookie mistakes.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Marcus is not exactly a shooter, and he cannot defend bigger two guards. I thought a Knick fan of all people would know never to start a small point guard in the off guard position.
XD

Quote:
therefore, with the only rotation of Collins/Robinson right now, do you think he will employ Moore and Ilic more frequently?
i'm still not sure i'm following you since krstic should still be getting his minutes, but maybe it just means i don't know. certainly i'd love to get moore a few minutes each game to keep him relevant and motivated, and it would be nice to give ilic a taste of what the real deal is once in a while. hopefully we get some blowouts here and there and can spread out the minutes more in garbage time.

i know i'm being unrealistic a little bit in wanting so many people to play and that it's prolly rare to have an effective platoon system. somehow hubie brown pulled it off for that one season a couple years ago. but it must help that this is one of the more unselfish teams around the league. in a way this is frank's biggest season as a head coach since he has more potential at his fingertips than he's ever had before and some pressure to get over his tendency to punish people a little too much for making mistakes. if he handles everything right i see us going back to the finals. if he doesn't, i see another disappointing season and little development to show for it.

fortunately he's intelligent, canny, a very hard worker and most of all seems to be wisely distributing minutes for the long haul for the most part.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Wright is 6'8'' or 6'6" but still taller than VC, so they should start him at SF
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: