Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Should the superbowl be played in Northern Cities??

I feel like it should be spread to northern cities with rich football culture. It gets so boring when every year it's in Miami, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, San Diego... How about they put a SB in the new Meadowland stadium? Philly, Seattle, etc?

I know the weather sucks but it's Football... I hate that the Superbowl can only be played in warm weather locations due to the halftime shows and what now. I know it has to do with other factors like if the city has parking, good transportation systems, hotels, etc.

Thoughts??
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should the superbowl be played in Northern Cities??

Ummmmmmm NO.

The Super Bowl needs to be played in fair weather conditions. Up North it's just to cold. Now an indoor stadium maybe but playing in those cities you just mentioned is best. I want to see a Super Bowl in Hawaii.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

football needs to be played in cities that can accommodate the thousands and thousands of people that travel for the game. I heard it generates up to a billion dollars for whichever city it is in..but thats why they always have it in large upscale cities like Miami, San Diego, NO, ect.

they should just build a crazy ass stadium in LA and have the superbowl there every year
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

I love the idea of playing in northern cities. It would make watching it more enjoyable. Lambeau would be a great stadium to host it.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I'd love to have them up North, but the true answer is NO..

Super Bowls are supposed to be played in great weather.. I dont even like dome super bowls... You could prolly only play them in domes if they were played in northern cities... Nobody wants to see a super bowl played in snow or in extreme cold....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I'd love to have them up North, but the true answer is NO..

Super Bowls are supposed to be played in great weather.. I dont even like dome super bowls... You could prolly only play them in domes if they were played in northern cities... Nobody wants to see a super bowl played in snow or in extreme cold....

That would be sick.. It's ****ing football people shouldn't care that Jay-Z wouldn't be able to perform his half time show.

A Super Bowl in snow would be epic..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess I'll play devil's advocate. If the Super Bowl needs to be in pristine conditions, why doesn't every playoff game? Sheerly business reasoning? It be a de facto national holiday and watched by so many, millions who aren't even football fans, the best possible product is needed to represent the game?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
That would be sick.. It's ****ing football people shouldn't care that Jay-Z wouldn't be able to perform his half time show.

A Super Bowl in snow would be epic..

Wasnt Super Bowl I played in extreme cold?

Maybe it was an NFL championship game... I recall Bart Starr QB sneakin past the Cowboys in the freezing cold
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Everyone except fans from Northern cities (especially the media and NFL administrators) would respond to this question with a resounding NO. It should always be played in warm weather cities.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #10
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What about home stadium advantage to the team in the Super Bowl with the best record? that would keep teams playing all 16 games legitimately, all out.. no half assed games by the top seeded teams
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Wasnt Super Bowl I played in extreme cold?

Maybe it was an NFL championship game... I recall Bart Starr QB sneakin past the Cowboys in the freezing cold
Your talking about the Ice Bowl, which is considered to be one of the top 5 games ever played.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

I would love to see a game played in cold weather. Fair weather is for sissies which is what the NFL is coming to. I believe the most deserving stadium to host a Super Bowl is Lambeau. I would like to see one at Gillette stadium personally.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: