Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #106
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Analysis on why LeBron/Cavaliers lost to Celtics in 2010 round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
This part is a little puzzling though. I mean I want to think his elbow was an issue as well... but then why was he ok with shooting free throws?

Was he really OK shooting free throws though? He shot 77% for the season and 78% the first 4 games of the playoffs. 71% over the final 7 games. Ended up shooting a career worst FT% for the playoffs.

Quote:
No... I am more and more convinced that the Celts just took the paint from Lebron and dared him to show some sort of midrange game.

That's certainly the biggest reason for LeBron's struggles, but given his hesitancy to shoot all series and the lack of any good finishes around the rim...I'd like to think the elbow was a bigger issue than let on.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #107
LaserEater
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekarts
Here's my 2 cents. Posted in another topic, as I didn't see this one til now:

The problem I see with the Cavs is they're totally dependent on LeBron. This is not a criticism with LeBron; but of the whole setup.

LeBron is always handling the ball, on every play, and when it's not clicking off the ball, the team runs out of ideas. LeBron had some high turnover games in this series, which cost them dearly.

I think to improve, the Cavs need to work on spreading the ball about more, give guys like Mo, Delonte etc. more handling responsibilities, so in turn they become more confident playmakers for the team.

All the championship winning teams in the past few years share the ball; you look at the Spurs, Parker is a great PG but he's not huge in assists, because the whole team share the ball. That's why Duncan and Ginobili have become known as great passers (and Jackson fitted in nicely with that too). Look at LA, they've won titles and never had a dominant ball handler - its all shared around, with everyone from Kobe to Gasol, Odom etc. being required to move the ball. And look at Boston, only recently have they relied more upon Rondo to create for them, when the big 3 first came together, all were good passers for their position (particularly Garnett & Pierce), nobody was relied upon to create every play.

Again, not levelling criticism at LeBron here, but the Cavs 'failings' have been in their system and not in their acquisitions.

WORD.

A team is not just about one player... Teams win Championships, not a single player... plus everybody was hyping Lebron so much... the dude, his team, the media and his fans needed a reality check.
LaserEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #108
amfirst
Great college starter

It has to do with coaching. LeBron has been watching too many videos of Kobe on his day off and how he attacks. That's his idea of getting coached.

Too bad he doesn't know what to do if he gets shut down. Kobe can't coach that, it's more innate.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #109
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

They lost because the Celtics were a better team, and a bad matchup. The same reason I picked the Celtics to win in 6 before the series even started.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #110
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
It has to do with coaching. LeBron has been watching too many videos of Kobe on his day off and how he attacks. That's his idea of getting coached.

Too bad he doesn't know what to do if he gets shut down. Kobe can't coach that, it's more innate.

yeah cause Kobe attacks ?? He shoots Jumpers, another dumb post.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #111
amfirst
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
yeah cause Kobe attacks ?? He shoots Jumpers, another dumb post.

Just quoting what LeBron says. He said he watches the Kobe attacks on his day off.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #112
Richard 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymatter
1. Cavs are built totally around Lebron and are too reliant on him. If he can't bring it, (at least passing and D, if not scoring) none of the others are going to suddenly step up and carry the team.
2. Mike Brown failed to make any in-game adjustments, essentially allowing game 5 to turn into a huge blowout.
3. Lebron simply didn't bring it when his team needed him.

Sums it up. Mike Brown is a terrible coach and I want to throw something at my TV every time they give him credit or fake praise on ESPN. LeBron had a city on his shoulders(no a country) and he was going strong and it seemed like he just slipped all of a sudden and was crushed by that weight. The series was good for me because I am a Boston fan, but King James is still my favorite player right now in the NBA.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #113
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

he has shitty teammates..

Mo Williams and Jamison are total losers. Williams is just your undersized combo guard who can only shoot but once the post season starts he can't even do that not to mention he got owned by Rondo the whole series. Jamison played horrible, KG owned him... Delonte West is garbage, Shaq is old, the only thing Varejao does is flop, Parker is a liability offensively, Z is a 7 foot 6 big man who shoots 3's...
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #114
TheLogo
Banned

Delonte West.
TheLogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #115
rondo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogo
Delonte West.
He didnt get enough minutes to make a difference, LEBRON MAYBE?? MO WILLIAMSS???
rondo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #116
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Obviously you can point to LeBron's elbow injury; it clearly affected his shooting and ball handling skills. But on the other hand, there was definitely something going on behind the scenes that caused this team to implode. An elbow injury doesn't make a suddenly outgoing leader become quiet. There has to be something that went on in the locker room, and I expect we'll find out soon.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #117
Wordup
Serious playground baller

Go to www.youtube.com/bballbreakdown
This guy made a prediction of Celtics in 6. The reason? Quite simple. Celtics run an offense while Cavaliers don't. That falls on the coach.
Wordup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #118
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

No one was guarding Rajon Rondo. At all. He walked the ball up the court at his own leisure, set up at the arc and had half the shot clock to survey the field and run a play. If he's at the top of the key and has room and time to point around and bark orders, he's not being guarded. Get up in his ****ing face and bother him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #119
DixieNourmous
Livin Large

DixieNourmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #120
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Delonte West Banging His Mom..Imagine if that really caused the bad play

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...th.html?cat=14