Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #16
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Anyone know why Gibson got the start against the Raptors? Is Brown hurt? He didn't play at all in the first half. Gibson's scoring well. Would be nice to see him push Snow out of the lineup.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #17
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

gibson was ballin 2nite
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #18
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
gibson was ballin 2nite

Yes, well. He did play well against Toronto, but he followed it up with some weak play against the Pacers.

Not only did he miss his first two free throws, but he was perpetually in foul trouble for the first 3 quarters of the game.

And once again Shannon Brown gets irratic minutes. It's no wonder this kid can't get going. After starting 3 games in a row, he didn't play a minute against the Raptors. He played garbage minutes against the Pacers.

Does this message board have a "signature" box in your user settings? I want to make mine, "Mike Brown is an idiot."

Mathius
Old 12-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I wish Brown would get a chance i think he can be very good for a long time
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #20
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

all i want is gibson to continue to develop, so that snow gets pushed onto the bench

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
laurited
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Gibson can really help Cavalers this year, not only his shooting but also he can do some stuff that people really didnīt think he could.
Shannon Brown has all the talent te be good one. He just have to work hard and learn some things over, over and over again.
laurited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #22
Mathius

Default Re: Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson

So the chapter on Shannon Brown is temporarily on hold.

In another ingenious roster move, Danny Ferry has sent Shannon Brown to the D-League.

****ing Ferry.

Mathius
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #23
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

prediction for the summer, mike brown being fired, danny ferry being fired, gooden and snow being traded.

varajeo should be starting center now.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:49 PM   #24
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
prediction for the summer, mike brown being fired, danny ferry being fired, gooden and snow being traded.

varajeo should be starting center now.

No, they should actually be running plays for Z instead of letting him try to get everything on bail out jumpers and put backs. You have a 7foot+ center who can shoot, and can pass better than 75% of the centers in the league, and you don't run plays for him?

And Ferry and Brown will not get fired before next season. The Cavs record and Lebron's presence guarantees they'll be back. As much as I hate them both.

The only way either of them will be gone is if Lebron has a problem with them, because obviously he is the franchise and obviously they're doing whatever he wants them to do, which is how Paul Silas got fired in the first place from what I understand.

Mathius
Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #25
Mathius

So obviously Shannon Brown was recalled when Gibson got hurt. Does anyone know what this means for him? He's been getting minutes the last 3 games and playing well in his spot duty, is this a chance he's being given to stay with the team? Or does he go to the D-League as soon as Gibson gets back?

What's wrong with Gibson anyways? He hurt his toe a few weeks back, but didn't seem to miss any time, and now all the sudden he's on the bench in a suit.

Mathius
Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #26
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

Gibson is out with the toe injury, I guess it got worse, so he's supposed to be out 10-14 days. I hope Shannon Brown gets to stay up. All he needed was some solid minutes to get the jitters out, and look, he's played very well. I'd much rather see the young talent playing instead of the washed up veterans like David "I hit the bottom of the backboard on a layup" Wesley.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #27
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
Gibson is out with the toe injury, I guess it got worse, so he's supposed to be out 10-14 days. I hope Shannon Brown gets to stay up. All he needed was some solid minutes to get the jitters out, and look, he's played very well. I'd much rather see the young talent playing instead of the washed up veterans like David "I hit the bottom of the backboard on a layup" Wesley.

Ironically it was in that same game (where Wesley botched the open layup), where Shannon was first called up and started playing well, and he's been given minutes since, albeit still spot appearances, not solid minutes. He's responding well though.

Mathius
Old 03-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #28
wally_world
M0derator

Gibson is good...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: