Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 11-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default is watson unhappy with his role?

how do you interpret this?

"(Earl) Watson has often been accused of trying to force matters when running the offense. After throwing a second-quarter pass directly to Charlotte's Bernard Robinson on an ill-advised drive and then missing a 7-foot hook, Watson was replaced by Ridnour. Watson played the final 2:47 of the first half and finished with three turnovers and two assists in 11 minutes." Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"Watson then said that perhaps Wilks is better suited to be the backup point guard. "Mike might be better for that role," he said. "Fifteen, 20 minutes, that's a better role for Mike than it is for me. Best role for me? I don't know, but that's a better role for Mike. My role has been inconsistent anyway. I don't know what my role is, that's for (Hill) to decide. "I turned the ball over (in the first half) but everybody turned the ball over." Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Bob Hill: "I don't like to bring money up, but you get paid to play hard. Don't you?" he said. "If you are going to get paid all this money, then that's the least you should do is play hard. We have a tendency too often to just go out there and play and think, 'Well, we're the Sonics.' And I don't know why they would think that at 1-4 (record). If we get double-teamed, we pout, or if we don't get enough touches, we pout. I don't need it and I am not going to tolerate it." Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"After not playing in the second half in favor or Mike Wilks, Earl Watson said that he is not happy with his role on the team and insinuated that he may need to be traded. When we asked him about being benched, Earl said Wilks may be better suited for the 10-15 minute a game role than Earl. He also said he may be better suited to play elsewhere. I am uploading the audio of the interview so you can listen for yourself to his answers, which were wry but direct at the same time." Tacoma News Tribune
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Well Watson obviously isn't happy

But I think this is going to be one of thoes things that is just going to end by Watson playing better

He is going to have some good games, and everything will be good again

If not, Watson for another good defensive player might be the best option
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Well Watson obviously isn't happy

But I think this is going to be one of thoes things that is just going to end by Watson playing better

He is going to have some good games, and everything will be good again

If not, Watson for another good defensive player might be the best option

i would like to work through the expectation for minutes. luke has been playing so well lately its tough to see him sit.

let's see what happens tonight against the hawks and to see if hill adjusts his minutes and when they come
Old 11-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

watson had 19 min 3pts 0 assists

uh oh...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I like Watson, personally I would start him over Ridnour just for his defense. Watson also gets a slight edge in playmaking abilities but Ridnour is shooting more consistently. If Earl was to get traded, he could start on the Sixers, Lakers, Grizzlies, and a handful of other teams.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
Nova72R
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Nova72R has an OK reputation so far

I can't remember which paper had the quote a few days ago that this year's Sonics sqaud is "the most funnest team" Earl's been on, so I'm hopeful that as long as Earl gets out of his current little slump, he'll be happy.
Nova72R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova72R
I can't remember which paper had the quote a few days ago that this year's Sonics sqaud is "the most funnest team" Earl's been on, so I'm hopeful that as long as Earl gets out of his current little slump, he'll be happy.

are you saying the most comical as in they laugh a lot in the lockerroom etc?

humor/laughter are good signs
Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Nova72R

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basket...45_sonx13.html

Watson hinted that he may be better suited playing with another team during his Friday comments, but he has not pursued any move.

"I want to be the most professional I can be," he said. "I want to handle it the right way. But on the other hand, I have to communicate what I have to say and hopefully (he and Hill) can talk. If we don't have a chance to talk, it's whatever. This has been one of the most funnest teams I have ever been on. They make me want to be here."
Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #9
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova72R
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basket...45_sonx13.html

Watson hinted that ...This has been one of the most funnest teams I have ever been on."

most funnest huh....

is this what people learn at ucla

i want earl to have the most bestest time in seattle!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
Nova72R

and I want earl to accept his role as the super sub 7th man until Gelabale can break out at the 2-guard spot. Maybe then there'd be a problem for him, but right now, the onus is on him to earn minutes at the backup guards spots.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: