Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 03-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default My opinion of Joe Johnson has changed...

... and for the better. I've always regarded the guy as vastly overrated, and even more overpaid. Since his emergence I never bought into the hype or even consideration this guy could be a franchise player; and by franchise player I mean someone capable of being your team's best player and someone who can give you a good change of making the playoffs. Franchise player doesn't equate to 'superstar' IMO.

I can see JJ being a franchise caliber player. I'm still not so sure he's worth his salary but I don't really see the guy as overrated anymore. His past couple seasons with ATL has really proven he is all-star worthy and a vital part to one of the East's more elite teams (elite being Top 4 consistently years after year as they have been here a good 2 going on 3 seasons now).

His clutch winning shot against Charlotte in OT few nights ago was nothing less of phenomenal.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: My opinion of Joe Johnson has changed...

Hawks are a great team, beat Kobe and company this week that was a sick game. Hopefully Joe can help the Hawks win one or more playoff series.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol @ this thread.....Joe Johnson and franchise player don't belong in the same sentence.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
lol @ this thread.....Joe Johnson and franchise player don't belong in the same sentence.

After his extremely lackluster performance against Orlando and his comments to the fans of ATL, the guy to me is nothing more than a schmuck.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
After his extremely lackluster performance against Orlando and his comments to the fans of ATL, the guy to me is nothing more than a schmuck.

I say let Joe go and let Jamal take over as the starting SG and upgrade at PG.

Plus the Hawks can upgrade at SG in the draft. Its some good SG in this draft.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I say let Joe go and let Jamal take over as the starting SG and upgrade at PG.

Plus the Hawks can upgrade at SG in the draft. Its some good SG in this draft.

I was just really hyped the Hawks were finally being a consistently winning franchise, and I think it goes without saying JJ was part of that movement; doesn't chance the fact the guy is a schmuck.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
dukey9
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dukey9 has an OK reputation so far

I say trade him to the 76ers for Iguodala, Sam Dalembert we can throw Marvin to make the numbers fit.

PG Teague/Bibby
SG Iguodala/Crawford
SF Josh Smith/Iguodala/Mo Evans
PF Horford/Josh Smith
C Dalembert/Horford/Puchalia

Bench just make sure we can find a deadly 3 pt shooter
dukey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: