Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #31
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pau Gasol Or Kevin Garnett?? whos better

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
@ Comparing KG's overrated ass to the Greatness thats Gasol...

KG has 2 ok games in a row picking on a shorter non defensive Jamison, and all of a sudden, he's worthy..

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KG

Thank you for your unbiased opinion.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #32
Derka

KG gets older and fights the good fight at age 33.

Pau Gasol just keeps getting better and better.

But...this is the Playoffs. I think these guys would give each other royal hell in a seven game series.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #33
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

Mentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Gasol would tear KGay a new asshole. this aint 08
Mentally_Pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #34
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentally_Pretty
Who is Kgay?
I know who he is, I just want to let you know your nickname sucks
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #35
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Who is Kgay?
I know who he is, I just want to let you know your nickname sucks

Kevin Garnett
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #36
Endurance7
Banned

Endurance7 has an OK reputation so far

Gasol.....Garnett is still good, but Gasol is becoming great.
Endurance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #37
Blue.Legend
Decent playground baller

Blue.Legend has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon37
sorry bro but the orlando magic are making the finals In the east. Celtics aint beating the 8-0 magic. Only the lakers can beat orlando

Moron making dumb predictions. I'm pretty sure your account will be banned before the end of the Bos/Orl series.

Boston is 8-3 versus two very tough teams. I expect nothing less than 6 games.

Gasol has been consistently playing well but both are elite at this point. Won't know who's better unless they face each other.
Blue.Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #38
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
@ Comparing KG's overrated ass to the Greatness thats Gasol...

KG has 2 ok games in a row picking on a shorter non defensive Jamison, and all of a sudden, he's worthy..

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KG

Right cause Gasol's going against the defensive powerhouses in Jeff Green and Carlos Boozer. KG is still better than Gasol, his defense and toughness put him in front. Don't be mad and try to overrate Gasol cause he's carried your team through the first two rounds.

See what I mean guys? They're right back to their old BS. Told you they didn't give a rat's @$$ about Boston and now it's all back to KG is overrated, washed up, etc. Back to the Gay-G nicknames. So pathetic. Like I always say, they wonder why they're the laughingstock of NBA fans.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #39
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

TROLL_HUNTER is starting to rub some people the wrong way

its a very tough call, to answer this one without being biased cos its very very close and you pick your favourite, then. i would say prime Kevin Garnett has the edge, just a few miles ahead. Still, if Gasol keeps his great level for several more years and win another chip he should be considered par to Garnett at the very least. to me, they are equally talented, being KG superior on defense and Gasol superior on the offense so its balanced.

As for careers, I have to disagree with most people giving the clear advantage to Garnett. Lets have a look at Gasol's international accolades

European Player of the Year awards
Mr. Europa (2004, 2009)
Euroscar Award (2008, 2009)
FIBA Europe Player of the Year (2008, 2009)

Spanish national team
Gold medal in the 2009 FIBA European Championship
Silver medal in Basketball at the 2008 Summer Olympics
Silver medal in the 2007 FIBA European Championship
Gold medal in 2006 FIBA World Championship
Most Valuable player in the 2006 FIBA World Championship
Silver medal in the 2003 FIBA European Championship
Bronze medal in 2001 FIBA European Championship
Gold medal at the FIBA Under-19 World Championship with Spain (1999)
Gold medal at the FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship with Spain (1998)

FC Barcelona
Spanish League Champion (2001)
Copa del Rey Spanish Cup Champion (2001)
Spanish League Finals MVP (2001)
Most Valuable Player in Copa del Rey (2001)

Only by this, an european player would become a HOFER automatically. In Europe, awards with the national team are far greater than any other achievement in any league. Now please tell me how Garnett's career achievements are above this or even close to this

As I said, to me they are both very close but please dont use the "career thing" to justify Garnett's advantage cos you just demonstrate your total lack of knowledge
TROLL_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #40
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL_HUNTER
its a very tough call, to answer this one without being biased cos its very very close and you pick your favourite, then. i would say prime Kevin Garnett has the edge, just a few miles ahead. Still, if Gasol keeps his great level for several more years and win another chip he should be considered par to Garnett at the very least. to me, they are equally talented, being KG superior on defense and Gasol superior on the offense so its balanced.

As for careers, I have to disagree with most people giving the clear advantage to Garnett. Lets have a look at Gasol's international accolades

European Player of the Year awards
Mr. Europa (2004, 2009)
Euroscar Award (2008, 2009)
FIBA Europe Player of the Year (2008, 2009)

Spanish national team
Gold medal in the 2009 FIBA European Championship
Silver medal in Basketball at the 2008 Summer Olympics
Silver medal in the 2007 FIBA European Championship
Gold medal in 2006 FIBA World Championship
Most Valuable player in the 2006 FIBA World Championship
Silver medal in the 2003 FIBA European Championship
Bronze medal in 2001 FIBA European Championship
Gold medal at the FIBA Under-19 World Championship with Spain (1999)
Gold medal at the FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship with Spain (1998)

FC Barcelona
Spanish League Champion (2001)
Copa del Rey Spanish Cup Champion (2001)
Spanish League Finals MVP (2001)
Most Valuable Player in Copa del Rey (2001)

Only by this, an european player would become a HOFER automatically. In Europe, awards with the national team are far greater than any other achievement in any league. Now please tell me how Garnett's career achievements are above this or even close to this

As I said, to me they are both very close but please dont use the "career thing" to justify Garnett's advantage cos you just demonstrate your total lack of knowledge

F*ck all that European MVP Bullshit.

The Big Ticket was light years better than Gasol and everybody should already know.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #41
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
F*ck all that European MVP Bullshit.

The Big Ticket was light years better than Gasol and everybody should already know.

This is the perfect demonstration of what a mindless troll is. Despite having proof of the opposite you cannot see it cos your head is so much stuck in Garnett's ass.

also its a clearly racist quote which shows what a piece of work u are. By the way, if you could read properly you would see its not only "european" but "world" bullshit, which includes the USA playing those tournaments, your beloved Big Ticket among them, by the way.

I dont say whos better cos its very close, no matter what. but stating Garnett is light years ahead...BASED ON WHAT? has Garnett played so much better than Gasol is playing now? ever?? if Gasol wins another ring, being key for the chip, is it not a bigger achievement than any of Garnett's? Not that i am stating it is, but at least it should make short-minded dudes like you think, if that is possible
Old 05-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gasol did what vs Boston in the NBA Finals? Gasol did what vs Boston this year? Boston roughs up Gasol and he turns into a giant dryer sheet. Gasol can do nothing in his career to surpass KG. Only people who think that are those who live in Gasol old neighborhood or those who disilike KG antics.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #43
tulsatkd
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tulsatkd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

First, you might want to capitalize the R in 'right' considering its the beginning of a sentence and then you are missing a couple of periods, so you should fix those.

most of all, check your spelling though.

I guess Ms don't count.

Sorry, I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

Go Lakers!

Last edited by tulsatkd : 05-15-2010 at 09:47 AM.
tulsatkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #44
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Gasol did what vs Boston in the NBA Finals? Gasol did what vs Boston this year? Boston roughs up Gasol and he turns into a giant dryer sheet. Gasol can do nothing in his career to surpass KG. Only people who think that are those who live in Gasol old neighborhood or those who disilike KG antics.

my goodness.... "can do nothing in his career to surpass KG" ...

i bet my watch you are one of those who said Superman would crush Gasol in last year's finals , right? I smell hate all over the place...
Also, im sure you are one of those calling him "Gasoft" since for guys of your kind a real ball player must have tatoos and a foul mouth. One of the sympthons in a hater is that they wont change their mind, no matter what.

By the way, i love KG, hes a great player and again, im not saying who is better cos its much of a tie, in my opinion. Both have arguments to claim being the better player but some posters pro Garnett like you do not contribute with any reason or solid argument. Garnett and Gasol enhanced Celtics and Lakers and made them title contenders which they were not before 2008, so you have 2 players with a similar impact on their teams. is this not clear? doesnt take a PHd to understand it. or.... let me guess...Bynum is the reason for the Lakers ' rise ?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I call Gasoft what I do because when the game gets physical it shows. He's never been a top 10 player in the NBA. KG majority of his career spent time in the top 10. I acknowledged he's a skilled and good big man. So the "You're a hater" line is weaker than Gasol not going up strong after collecting an offensive rebound or recieving a pass inside. KG won league MVP and has been in the midst of MVP races before, Gasoft hasnt. How many ALL NBA teams has KG made? Lost count. KG won DPOY, Gasoft never came close. How many all defensive teams has KG made? Lost count but we can take this with a grain of salt given how some of these are selected. But you'd struggle trying to argue defense between the two.

But hey feel free to boost up his overseas resume.

And the whole both made a similar impact to thier respective teams bringin home a title? Review thier career prior to arrriving in L.A/Boston. Doesnt take a PhD to see who impacted the game and thier former teams more. Its not hard to understand who was a better player either.

NBA is the elite basketball league on Earth. Its the reason Gasoft came to America and remains here playing professional ball. KG dominated this league and put up a great career in the NBA. Gasoft career doesnt stack up. But I'm just hating and cant accept the fact that i L.A wins the title, it would give Gasoft 2 rings and that means something. Wait dont let me leave out his performance this season reg/post. That was cut the gap between the two. Cant exclude that. And lets factor or shall I say sit here and make up a scenerio where Gasoft in the next 10yrs wins 2-3 more rings, adds on stats to his overall career. That'll shorten the gap and make KG vs Gasoft comparable.

Maybe Jeff should create an ISH-Euro, so you argue who has the better euro career Gasoft or KG. Throw in some "by miles upon miles" and a couple "not even close!" while you're at it. See look, you have an argument you cant lose.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: