Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Default Re: Need New Basketball shoes

Is there a huge difference between the Kobe IV and the Kobe V? Because of course the V's are more expensive and honestly I like the design of the Kobe IV better. Of course the performance is very important so I'd like to know the differences.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #17
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

The Kobe V's are even lighter... other than that I don't know.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Is there a huge difference between the Kobe IV and the Kobe V? Because of course the V's are more expensive and honestly I like the design of the Kobe IV better. Of course the performance is very important so I'd like to know the differences.

I agree the design of the IV is better, but honestly, the V will last you longer. The IV uses lunar foam in the forefoot and zoom air in the heel for cushioning. The V uses zoom air in both the forefoot and the heel. There's a reason for this switch: the lunar foam bottoms out quickly. I haven't had that problem yet, but it can be anywhere from 10 good games to never. If that happens, you'll have to buy replacement insoles or you could come down and really feel some pain. The V however lasts forever (cushioning wise), but you could always take a chance with the IV. It's not like it'll be over once it bottoms out, but you'll have to get new insoles.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
MannyO
High School JV MVP

I decided to get the Nike hyperdunk low. They are like a cheaper verson of the kobes
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

Go Huarache 2010s. I've played in Kobe 4's, 5's, hyperdunks, and almost every Jordan. These are the best shoes i've ever played in. Incredibly light, mad comfortable. Their sooo underrated
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #21
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
nope, no problem with that. Well, I guess its worth a try since if there is one guy who shoots pull-ups; it's Kobe. Are the Kobe's bigger than you expect? Because I have a pair of those Adidas Creators and the sides are killing me, especially in the beginning, it's like my feet are getting pressed together.

Those Kobe's are pretty cheap though, that's good.

Which Creators? I've had the Supernatural ones since February and think they are absolutely the best basketball shoes I've used. They're light (13 oz), have good ankle support (generous ankle cushioning and the strap really locks down the shoe), very flexible (thanks to PureMotion, which is based on FYW) and have incredible traction (again, thanks to PureMotion; I also play on outdoor courts all the time coz it's the only one I have access to as of the moment). It's a great shoe. Maybe you have the first ones? The first ones weren't really anything special, I've heard. But for $99, the SN Creator is really a GREAT shoe. I've also played in my friend's Kobe IV's once, and they were also amazing. I'ma stick to my Creators though.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Which Creators? I've had the Supernatural ones since February and think they are absolutely the best basketball shoes I've used. They're light (13 oz), have good ankle support (generous ankle cushioning and the strap really locks down the shoe), very flexible (thanks to PureMotion, which is based on FYW) and have incredible traction (again, thanks to PureMotion; I also play on outdoor courts all the time coz it's the only one I have access to as of the moment). It's a great shoe. Maybe you have the first ones? The first ones weren't really anything special, I've heard. But for $99, the SN Creator is really a GREAT shoe. I've also played in my friend's Kobe IV's once, and they were also amazing. I'ma stick to my Creators though.

Nope, I've got the original ones, them T-Macs .
So I definitely need new shoes.

Don't know which I should get now though.
No offense but I really don't like the look of the Supernaturals.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #23
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

will probably buy some V's on Ebay.

I think the performance is more important than the looks.
I actually like the Knicks/Pacers/Nuggets version.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #24
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

I just coped some Hyperizes off ebay for $76 shipped. Someone tried to snipe it but under bid, lol.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: