Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #166
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

I very much agree that the SG position is what NO needs and Paul george is the best i see available. strong outside shoot and Chris paul and collison getting him open looks. he could fit right in. And with his length and relative quickness he could possibly become a good defender at the 2g spot.
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #167
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak
I very much agree that the SG position is what NO needs and Paul george is the best i see available. strong outside shoot and Chris paul and collison getting him open looks. he could fit right in. And with his length and relative quickness he could possibly become a good defender at the 2g spot.

You see him as a guard? He's got forward written all over him.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #168
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far

For a team like the hornets were the PG spot is more dominant, yes. With a dominant PG you normaly dont run as much dribble drive and kicks with your 2guards. Just that type of system. So with the hornets i do see him filling more guard time then SF. on another team with a dominant 2 guard like dwade or kobe or somone like that then yes he would be sloted more at the 3.

But i think he can do both.

He remindes me of Donte greene. everyone thought he was gonna be more of a forward and his best games yet have been at the starting 2G spot because he could simple D up and was so long the 2s had a problem.

Last edited by sak : 05-24-2010 at 02:36 PM.
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #169
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just don't see. 6'8" and long, he's not fast enough to play any guard spot. He's quick but not explosive. He's more suited to put on some weight and play Paul Pierce kind of ball.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #170
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

George sort of reminds me of Shawn Marion. He's got an unorthodox shot, athletic, kind does a little bit of everything, and has range out to the 3 pt line though I wouldn't say he's deadly from there. He's really active and long too.

That said, I'm going to go with Donatas. I've not seen him play one game, but considering his hype level and his reported talents, he'd seem to fit well into their offense as opposed to Emeka. However, he may need to develop and suck for 1 or 2 years before putting it together and getting his body right. Otherwise, I can't really think of anyone else from the college world I'd take here. Patterson is just a David West clone and I think Anderson, George are too high here... though I was close on picking Anderson cause he's a natural scorer but then remembered that Marcus Thorton is their two guard for the future. Might as well draft a pick and develop him since Anderson is more like a poor man's Finley. Also if Donatas comes anywhere living up to his potential, a GM's head would be on the line for passing him up for anybody else that's available.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #171
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

gonna go with Donatus also
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #172
nolebball
Decent playground baller

nolebball has no real reputation yet.

Marcus Thornton was really good for the Hornets this year, so I don't think they're looking for a guard. Also, add in how good Collison was, and I think you could see a lot of Paul and Collison on the court together. In my opinion, their weakest spot is the 3 (Mo Pete is old, Peja is too and always hurt, Julian Wright isn't there yet). But I think they will let Julian Wright play this year and come into it.

Therefore, I think they're going down low to replace Emeka. If the Hornets start picking up their pace (15th out of 30 last year) I could see them going for a really versatile big like Donatas.

Instead, I'm gonna go with Daniel Orton. He's tall and got the NBA size we all love in 260lbs, while Donatas' question is his weight. David West is still the versatile big the Hornets use, so I don't think they want another one. Also, Orton is a project, so he's not gonna come take Emeka's spot from day 1, and to be honest, he doesn't need to be IMMEDIATELY replaced. This will be his 2nd full year with the team so we should see some improvements. Another person I could see them taking is my fellow FSU student Solomon Alabi, but he might remind them too much of Tyson Chandler.
nolebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #173
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

I would take Monteijunas (sp?)
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #174
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm gonna go with Donatas also. Does that make 4 for Donatas now? I think we should move on to the next pick.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #175
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PHP Code:
Washington Wizards- John Wall
Philadelphia 76ers
- Evan Turner
New Jersey Nets- Derrick Favors
Minnesota Timberwolves
- Wesley Johnson
Sacramento Kings
- DeMarcus Cousins
Golden State Warriors
- Al Farouq Aminu
Detroit Pistons
- Greg Monroe
LA Clippers
- Xavier Henry
Utah Jazz
- Cole Aldrich
Indiana Pacers
- Ekpe Udoh
New Orleans Hornets- Montiejunas
Memphis Grizzlies
-
Toronto Raptors-
Houston Rockets-
Milwaukee Bucks-
Minnesota Timberwolves-
Chicago Bulls-
Miami Heat-
Boston Celtics-
SA Spurs-
OKC Thunder-
Portland TrailBlazers-
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
-
Memphis Grizzlies-
OKC Thunder-
NJ Nets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Orlando Magic-
Washington Wizards-

Grizz on the clock
Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #176
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Eric Bledsoe for the Grizz. Not sure what they have behind Conley. But it's probably a dud. Don't see the point in Ed Davis or Orton since they went Arthur/Thabeet last 2 years and have Randolph/Gasol. Wings are solid. I say Bledsoe.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #177
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Decisions, decisions. As a Memphis fan, I definitly think that we are heading in the right direction. The players from last year's draft haven't had the impact we were hoping, especially Thabeet, but I think Young and Thabeet could potentially become talented players. Young had a promising first year and should continue to improve into his sophmore season, but shown that he was not consistent, which is my biggest worry with Young. Carroll is just...meh.

This year, I think that we definitly need to address the PG/SG situation. After bringing in Randolph last season, we addressed our biggest problem, which was the PF position. However, outside of Randolph and Gasol, our starting 4 and 5, we don't have much talent in the front court. Thabeet is going to take a few years to fully develop and Arthur, may never become anything more than a energy guy playing 15-20 minutes a game to add a bit of life into the game.

It's just a question of do we go big now and hope that the likes of Warren/Bledsoe/Bradley are still on the board, or do we go small and hope that the likes of Davis/Patterson/Orton/Whiteside are still on the board.

Looking at the teams coming up after the 12th pick, I see an abundance of teams who have legit PG/SG players, so I'm going to go big and go with Patrick Patterson (although I think he might be going a bit lower in rael life, but since Udoh (who I really wanted) is off the board, I'll go with PP). It might be risky, but I'm hoping the Grizz can pick up a solid PG/SG with one of their next two picks in the first round.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #178
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I'm going to go with James Anderson. They'll probably lose Rudy to free agency and they'll need to replace his scoring. Anderson can score in a multitude of ways and most importantly, off ball. They have Brewer to replace any defensive/athleticism that Rudy leaves behind, Anderson will replace the scoring aspect.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #179
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Luke Babbitt.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #180
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Patrick Patterson, can bring a nice scoring punch off the bench and is better than Darrell Arthur.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: