Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #256
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

PHP Code:
Washington Wizards- John Wall
Philadelphia 76ers
- Evan Turner
New Jersey Nets- Derrick Favors
Minnesota Timberwolves
- Wesley Johnson
Sacramento Kings
- DeMarcus Cousins
Golden State Warriors
- Al Farouq Aminu
Detroit Pistons
- Greg Monroe
LA Clippers
- Xavier Henry
Utah Jazz
- Cole Aldrich
Indiana Pacers
- Ekpe Udoh
New Orleans Hornets- Montiejunas
Memphis Grizzlies
- Patrick Patterson
Toronto Raptors
- Ed Davis
Houston Rockets
- Hassan Whiteside
Milwaukee Bucks
- Luke Babbitt
Minnesota Timberwolves
- Daniel Orton
Chicago Bulls
- James Anderson
Miami Heat
- Avery Bradley
Boston Celtics
- Paul George
SA Spurs
-
OKC Thunder-
Portland TrailBlazers-
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
-
Memphis Grizzlies-
OKC Thunder-
NJ Nets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Orlando Magic-
Washington Wizards-

San Antonio Spurs on the clock
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #257
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lance Stephenson for the Spurs. I'd like to see him play behind Manu and have a strong coach in Pop to calm his game down a bit.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #258
nolebball
Decent playground baller

nolebball has no real reputation yet.

Spurs take Solomon Alabi. I think Duncan is furthest from his prime when compared to Ginobli and Parker, and they've already got a future G in Hill for Parker. Although Dejaun Blair is very good, he simply can't defend the taller NBA big men. Solomon comes in to play some D. He's got work to do offensively, but Duncan's got some more game in him and can give some pointers to Alabi. I think Pop will like Alabi becase Alabi loves to use the backboard on all his shots (including jumpers). Alabi's got a surprisingly good jumper out to 15 feet as well.

Larry Sanders is still available here, but Solomon's got a much better jump shot, and more height and weight.

Last edited by nolebball : 06-06-2010 at 08:19 PM.
nolebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #259
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Paul George.

I was watching the workout video of him on DraftExpress and he is so long and gangly. Apparently he's versatile enough to play the 2 and 3, whilst standing at 6'8, is pretty damn good.

I (like most people on here) didn't see him play once in college, but scouting reports I've read says he has deep range on his jumper, and like you said he's a long 6'8". If he's got good lift on his jumper, and is deadly from three and with his mid-range game, then he could be a homeless man's Tracy McGrady. Both are 6'8", can play SG and SF, and athletic. Then again, like George, no one imagined McGrady would be the most lethal scorer in the NBA when he entered the draft out of high school.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #260
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I keep going back and forth and back and forth between thre players: Alabi, Larry Sanders, and Damion James. I think Allabi is a better prospect than Sanders given his 7' frame, good touch on his jumper, and length. The times I saw Alabi play at Florida State, though, there were times where he was hesitant to crash the boards and he also, at times, was slow to bang in the paint despite his big frame.

Damion James is a skilled player with good size for a SF. He's also a physical 3 who showed the ability to be a good rebounder from that position in college. In fact you could argue he's an undersized 4, but he could hit the college three, which means at the very least he should be a good mid-range knock down shooter in the NBA.

In the end, though, I like Solomon Alabi here. Not as much as I would George or Babbit, but Duncan is more ore less done as a dominant big man over the course of an 82+ game season.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #261
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Alabi- 2
Stephenson- 1
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #262
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Alabi
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #263
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Luke Babbitt for the Spurs. I watched some chunks of Nevada games and it's understandable why he's rising on boards now. That dude is a scoring machine. RJ's getting dangled in trades, Babbitt can step in right now and drill all the spot ups RJ bricks.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #264
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Luke Babbitt for the Spurs. I watched some chunks of Nevada games and it's understandable why he's rising on boards now. That dude is a scoring machine. RJ's getting dangled in trades, Babbitt can step in right now and drill all the spot ups RJ bricks.

I love Babbit for the Spurs, but in this draft, he's already been drafted.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #265
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I love Babbit for the Spurs, but in this draft, he's already been drafted.
My bad, my bad, I'm an idiot. Let's see...

I like Sanders a good bit more as a prospect but I think Alabi fits much better next to Duncan right now and for however long TD's got left.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #266
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

PHP Code:
Washington Wizards- John Wall
Philadelphia 76ers
- Evan Turner
New Jersey Nets- Derrick Favors
Minnesota Timberwolves
- Wesley Johnson
Sacramento Kings
- DeMarcus Cousins
Golden State Warriors
- Al Farouq Aminu
Detroit Pistons
- Greg Monroe
LA Clippers
- Xavier Henry
Utah Jazz
- Cole Aldrich
Indiana Pacers
- Ekpe Udoh
New Orleans Hornets- Montiejunas
Memphis Grizzlies
- Patrick Patterson
Toronto Raptors
- Ed Davis
Houston Rockets
- Hassan Whiteside
Milwaukee Bucks
- Luke Babbitt
Minnesota Timberwolves
- Daniel Orton
Chicago Bulls
- James Anderson
Miami Heat
- Avery Bradley
Boston Celtics
- Paul George
SA Spurs
- Soloman Alabi
OKC Thunder
-
Portland TrailBlazers-
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
-
Memphis Grizzlies-
OKC Thunder-
NJ Nets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Orlando Magic-
Washington Wizards-

OKC Thunder on the clock
Old 06-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #267
KG215

Since the Sonics moved to OKC and within 3 hours of where I live, I have slowly become a Thunder fan after attending 4 or 5 games in the last couple of seasons. I'm hoping Alabi is still sitting here (in real life) for them because he would give them another solid 7 footer to backup Krstic and maybe even eventually turn into a starter. However, Alabi is off the board in this situation this pick gets a little tougher. They don't need Larry Sanders since he's just another player in the Jeff Green mold. Sanders is a 6'10" forward whose best NBA position could end up being SF. OKC doesn't need that.

OKC has two pressing needs: 1) a rim protecting/scoring threat center, and 2) a knock down three point shooter. Motiejunas would be another option for OKC here as well but he's already off the board and it looks like (again, in real life) he's going to withdraw his name from the draft.

That makes the pickings rather slim in regards to the Thunder and their needs. There are a lot of options but a lot of question marks surrounding those options. In my opinion it comes down to Willie Warren, Dominque Jones, Elliot Williams, Terico White, Damion James, Gordon Heyward, Gani Lawal or Craig Brackens. None of the guard options are particularly great shooters but OKC needs some help in this department. OKC has another pick at 26 and another at 32 so they can still fill both needs it's just a mtter of who they feel has the highest value at #21. There's a very good chance they could get two of White/Warren/Williams AND Brackins at 21 and 26.

After going back and forth between two players (both of whom would have been lottery picks a year ago but they stayed and their stock plummeted) I decided to go with the one who I think has the most upside. While I like Craig Brackins' potential He isn't the banger they really need inside, and like Sanders, he's sort of in the Jeff Green mold as well. So, that leaves one of the more intriguing prospects in this draft (in my opinion) and I'm going with Willie Warren.

Last edited by KG215 : 06-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #268
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Larry Sanders.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #269
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I think at this point all their draft hopefuls (Orton and Alabi) are gone so they're going to go the best player available route and that's Gordon Hayward. It doesn't fill any glaring need they have in the inside and defensively, but it does give them a bonafide scorer to come off the bench for them and an extra shooter to that could play off of Westbrook and Durant. Really, any other big at this point would just be a significant drop off in talent like Sanders, Brackins, or Lawal.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #270
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Larry Sanders
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: