Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

Very satisfied with Holiday. He's the only guy not named Kapono who can shoot on the whole damn team!
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not unless you're taking on Brand contract with it while giving the Sixers back a good player in return.
That's dead on. And there's not much value past the first few picks in the draft if you trade down. Picks 6-13 would've been in the late teens-early 20's in the past few years.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can we vote for #2 yet?

Are you doing points like Doc's Hood?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Derrick Rose. I mean Tyreke Evans. I mean John Wall.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Can we vote for #2 yet?

Are you doing points like Doc's Hood?
How do you mean? This isn't a competitive mock so not really like Doc's Hood. I start the competitive mock draft thread about a week before the real thing and that has a point system. Can't remember if you competed in the NBA one last year or the NFL one but I'll make sure you get in on it. InspiredLebowski dominates them.

I'll start a thread in team forum's for this when certain teams are on the clock to get votes.

And yeah start the #2 pick vote. PHILADELPHIA 76ERS on the clock.
PHP Code:
Washington Wizards- John Wall
Philadelphia 76ers
-
New
Jersey Nets-
Minnesota Timberwolves-
Sacramento Kings-
Golden State Warriors-
Detroit Pistons-
LA Clippers-
Utah Jazz-
Indiana Pacers-
New
Orleans Hornets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Toronto Raptors-
Houston Rockets-
Milwaukee Bucks-
Minnesota Timberwolves-
Chicago Bulls-
Miami Heat-
Boston Celtics-
SA Spurs-
OKC Thunder-
Portland TrailBlazers-
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
-
Memphis Grizzlies-
OKC Thunder-
NJ Nets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Orlando Magic-
Washington Wizards-
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Philly really hired Doug Collins probably Evan Turner. Wouldn't be surprised by Cousins though depending on his interviews.

But I say Turner.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gonna go Favors here. Not a popular pick, though.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #23
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Evan Turner.

Can't go wrong with Favors or Cousins, but still...it's EVAN TURNER, guy won NPOY after breaking his fucking back.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

This is why I love this thing. Get to see everyone's opinions on every team all in 1 thread!

My vote is Turner. This does put Iguodala officially on the block I suppose, but more intriguing may be Thaddeus Young. Hasn't hit his 22nd birthday yet and still has the upside and on his rookie contract. Now that he would be expendable we can pair him up with Brand as our best chance to get Brand off the books.

I've had a man crush on Turner since the game against Florida State right before he broke his back. I've compared him to Grant Hill more than any other player. Holiday + Turner makes me very excited for the future with 2 young guys with talent who have very good character.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Gonna go Favors here. Not a popular pick, though.
Non popular picks always require reasoning!

Vote:

Evan Turner-3
Derrick Favors-1
Old 05-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reasoning for Favors could be athletic big men are more of a commodity than guards like Evan Turner. If you can get your hands on talented bigs its best you grab them while you can. You never have enough and really lookin at the Sixers? Who can you say are talented bigs. Speights and. Dalembert last year of deal. Brand is what he is. Favors has things Brand lacks at this point in his career. Athleticism. His athletic ability is perfect for the NBA. As a rookie all he needs to do is dunk, ally oop, put backs, hustle buckets, rebound and he's not a bad defender. He can get out on the break and run with a team.

As far as Jrue, he runs the team better than what the Sixers have currently which isnt much. Also the best on ball defender and outside of Kapono the best shooter the Sixers have to offer from downtown. He still needs to develop as a PG. But one thing he brings is toughness and defense if nothing else. I like him starting, going thru growing pains and earning stripes. If Sixers cant get Chris Paul caliber PGs, I say ride with Jrue and hopefully your next coaching hire he can develop.

Evan Turner is my pick for the Sixers
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #27
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Actually, GOBB just did for me. I think he's a bit above average as a defender and athletic as f*ck. I love him for Philly. It's just what you guys need.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My vote is for Turner at #2.

You're getting a guythat could be an immediate 18/5/5 or better guy in his first year. Hard to pass that up at #2. I think Philly needs a lot more backcourt help than frontcourt. They've got Brand (who is turning to garbage, but still), Dalembert, and Speights. In fact, Philly's biggest hole is probably at SG. Turner fills that void, and he can also play SF and spot minutes at PG. Cousins for Favors here wouldn't be a terrible pick, but I don't see how a team with a need for a good off-guard/wing can pass on Turner.

Like Posterize said, this probably puts Iggy on the trade block, but if not, then they can put him at SF. I'm intrigued by Young, though, and would like to see how he develops as a player in a bigger role. Young has good size, length, and great athleticism. Phillly still can't really solve their shooting woes. Turner is a good shooter but I'm not sure if he has the range to be consistently good from NBA three-point range.

Last edited by KG215 : 05-18-2010 at 10:45 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #29
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Turner.

Puts Iggy or Thad on the block. Most likely Iggy. Don't see them drafting Favors or Cousins as Brand really doesn't seem to be tradeable with his contract. Not to mention they have Speights, who is developing into a very potent offensive player. Things are looking good in 76ers land.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #30
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Turner.

Puts Iggy or Thad on the block. Most likely Iggy. Don't see them drafting Favors or Cousins as Brand really doesn't seem to be tradeable with his contract. Not to mention they have Speights, who is developing into a very potent offensive player. Things are looking good in 76ers land.

Philly would be in GREAT shape if they could shed Brand's contract. That's killing them right now. I've alwyas like Philly, and I don't like it when they are irrelevant.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: