Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #46
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

I know I don't boast nearly the post-counts of most of the others here, but I do follow prospects very closely for my fantasy leagues, which I've been doing for 5 or 6 years now.

I think NJ definitely needs to take a big that complements Brook Lopez with this pick, and I think Monroe is indeed that player. As a Knicks fan, I hate saying this, but Monroe and Lopez seems like it would make a great duo. I could see a very nice offensive system built around those two at PF and C.

I don't think Cousins and Lopez would work together that well, and while Favors is more athletically gifted than Greg, Derrick does not have the shooting touch that Monroe boasts.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #47
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Turner didn't declare, does Philly draft Favors @ #2?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #48
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
If Turner didn't declare, does Philly draft Favors @ #2?
I would guess Cousins. Really don't know.

And thanks for the input/vote jlawdrummer.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #49
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Monroe will not go #3 to the Nets. I think this pick comes down to Favors or Cousins, with Favors getting the slight edge due to character concerns with Cousins among other things. Favors is very athletic, has a decent jumper that he can develop, and would slot in nicely at PF next to Lopez. Nets will have one of the best front courts in the league for years to come with that duo.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #50
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Derrick Favors. I don't think Cousins can play next to Brook Lopez as both would clog up the post and Cousins isn't really much of a mid range guy. Neither is very athletic and I think Favors would be an ideal compliment next to Lopez.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #51
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Favors-3
Monroe-2
Old 05-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #52
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Favors.

He's more suited to play PF alongside Lopez than Cousins IMO. I know Cousins has shown some ability to stretch his game out and hit mid-range jumpers and score off the bounce, but I think with a body that big he projects much better as a C in the league than a PF. Favors still needs to develop a go to move on offense but he has a ton of upside, and fits much better along side Lopez.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #53
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Favors
Old 05-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #54
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Favors. While I think Cousins is going to be a bona fide stud, he can't play next to Lopez. I think Favors is a lot farther off than a lot of people do, he's really sloppy and just lost on offense a lot, but you can't deny the potential. Jersey will need to be really patient with him though, get him a big man coach to teach him the fundamentals. Lopez isn't a bad guy to learn from either.

Also, I just listened to a local radio interview with the Pacers media director, he was the guy in the actual room when the lottery took place. The Wizards, with their 10% chance, had their number pulled 4 times for the top 3 picks. They had to keep redrawing.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #55
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

PHP Code:
Washington Wizards- John Wall
Philadelphia 76ers
- Evan Turner
New Jersey Nets- Derrick Favors
Minnesota Timberwolves
-
Sacramento Kings-
Golden State Warriors-
Detroit Pistons-
LA Clippers-
Utah Jazz-
Indiana Pacers-
New
Orleans Hornets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Toronto Raptors-
Houston Rockets-
Milwaukee Bucks-
Minnesota Timberwolves-
Chicago Bulls-
Miami Heat-
Boston Celtics-
SA Spurs-
OKC Thunder-
Portland TrailBlazers-
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
-
Memphis Grizzlies-
OKC Thunder-
NJ Nets-
Memphis Grizzlies-
Orlando Magic-
Washington Wizards-

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES on the clock
Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #56
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Dear God I hope Minny doesn't select another guard. I'll pick a bit later.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #57
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wanna see who yall think we're gonna get cuz I'm wondering myself.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #58
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
I wanna see who yall think we're gonna get cuz I'm wondering myself.
You should vote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #59
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
You should vote
what do i do? just name a player who i think that team will pick?
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #60
T_Element
I brick open layups

T_Element has an OK reputation so far

Wesly Johnson. They don't need another big.
T_Element is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: