Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #61
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

For Minny I'm going: Demarcus Cousins

I really don't know Minnesota's feelings towards Jefferson these days. Seems like a year ago he was considered one of the leagues top rising bigs and a year later everyone is offering to trade him in their trade scenarios. If their plan is to trade him then Cousins would replace the pivot, and if they are to keep him he would at least be able to move to his more natural PF position full time. Here's a stat though. For the 2nd straight year Minnesota ranked dead last in blocks per game. While I don't project Cousins as a shot blocker at the next level he is a huge body with long wingspan who takes up space in the paint.

I would attempt to trade Jefferson (because 25 year olds getting 20/10 should have serious trade value) and look forward to a Flynn/Love/Cousins (Rubio?) future along with whatever talent you get for Jefferson.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #62
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
what do i do? just name a player who i think that team will pick?
Not who you think they will pick, but who you think they should pick given their current situation or what you would do if you were the GM. And write a few sentences on why you think they should go that direction.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #63
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

DeMarcus Cousins is the best player available but again, I don't think he'll fit next to Al Jefferson, both spending most of their time in the post. They could take him and trade the pick, but we can't do that in this game, so I'm going to go with the best fit: Wesley Johnson.

Wes comes in and helps on the perimeter, fills a need on the wing, is an excellent defender, and starts a nice young core of Love, (Rubio), Johnson, Love, and Al Jefferson.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #64
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Wes-2
Cousins-1
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #65
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Wolves should pick Wesley Johnson and I think thats a good pick for them cuz they really need a SF badly cuz Gomes isn't really that good, and with all the Gs they have and a good big in Al they need a good SF and I think Wes is a good pick for them. They also need good scoring and a good person on the wing and he's also good for that part. Also I think he's the best SF in the draft and he'd be perfect for the wolves. I hope they dont get another guard or any guard cuz they got enough guards already from last season's draft.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #66
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only logical pick is Wesley Johnson. They desperately need perimeter scoring and he can provide that right away. When your best wing is Damien Wilkins, you're having problems. He's an immediate upgrade over Brewer. He's bigger, longer and has a jumper.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #67
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
The only logical pick is Wesley Johnson. They desperately need perimeter scoring and he can provide that right away. When your best wing is Damien Wilkins, you're having problems. He's an immediate upgrade over Brewer. He's bigger, longer and has a jumper.
true.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #68
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I say they take Weseley Johnson. Cousins doesn't make much sense for them consideirng Rambis is coaching. If Al Jefferson is not working in the triangle, Cousins definitely won't work. Johnson has an outside shot, play decent defense, and athletic to play in the system. I think Johnson will end up being an Eddie Jones like player.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #69
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wesley Johnson.

Cousins wouldn't be a terrible pick, but if you pick him, then he's coming off the bench. Minny may have more guard depth, but they could use a player of Johnson's caliber to fill a need in the starting lineup at SF. A frontcourt rotation of Jefferson, Love, and Cousins would be a very good and very young one, but if Cousins is as good as most project, then you have three bigs worthy of a starting position. I know bringing one off the bench wouldn't be the end of the world, but I just think Johnson makes more sense for Minny.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #70
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
I think the Wolves should pick Wesley Johnson and I think thats a good pick for them cuz they really need a SF badly cuz Gomes isn't really that good, and with all the Gs they have and a good big in Al they need a good SF and I think Wes is a good pick for them. They also need good scoring and a good person on the wing and he's also good for that part. Also I think he's the best SF in the draft and he'd be perfect for the wolves. I hope they dont get another guard or any guard cuz they got enough guards already from last season's draft.
Good stuff. Stay current in the thread we'll need you for Houston.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #71
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

I think Johnson is an upgrade over Corey Brewer but are you saying he's bigger and longer than Brewer? Isn't Brewer like 6'9" and long?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #72
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I think Johnson will end up being an Eddie Jones like player.
Damn that's a comparison I haven't heard before, and I like it. Good stuff wang.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #73
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I think Johnson is an upgrade over Corey Brewer but are you saying he's bigger and longer than Brewer? Isn't Brewer like 6'9" and long?

They're both skinny, but I had no idea Brewer was that tall. My bad. Doesn't Wes have like a 7+foot wing span as well?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #74
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Good stuff. Stay current in the thread we'll need you for Houston.
yes sir.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #75
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Damn that's a comparison I haven't heard before, and I like it. Good stuff wang.

nbadraft.net also has the Eddie Jones comparison.

Corey Brewer is listed as 6'9", but he measured almost 6'7" without shoes and almost 6'8" with shoes with a 6'8" wingspan and a 37" vert. I'd say Wes Johnson's measurements should be similar, albeit with a longer wingspan.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: